Thoughts for a 3 day cruise for a first timer?

Our first cruise was a 3 night on Magic: 1 CC day and 1 sea day. It was perfect for an introduction to cruising and led us to do a 7 night cruise the next year.

Three days is great, but seconding a PP in that, do you realize you'll be cruising during hurricane season? That would stink if this person's first cruise was canceled or re-routed to miss Castaway because of winds, etc.

Just stay on the ship in Nassau. We did that for our first cruise (3 nights) and LOVED it! The boat was relatively quiet and we really got to enjoy the amenities.

Do be aware that the Fantasy is taking over some of the itineraries of the Dream when the Dream goes into dry dock this fall. So the traidtional 3/4 schedule might be displaced some. I think there are even a couple of 5 nights lurking.

If I remember correctly, most of the 5 night Bahamas cruises out right now are the ones with 2 stops at Castaway. Which is amazing, but my jaw dropped when I looked at the rate for an inside stateroom for a double dip! But you are getting your money's worth I'm sure.

But to OP, we did a 4 night as our first cruise on the Disney Wonder and loved it. Nassau, Castaway Cay and then a day at sea. A pretty quick vacation, but we also felt rested at not rushed to do everything we saw. 7 nights have a lot to offer. We went on a 7 night on another line and had a blast. If it's your first, I would definitely do the 4 night with the day at sea. There's so much going on and it's so relaxing to look out and see nothing but water.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, most of the 5 night Bahamas cruises out right now are the ones with 2 stops at Castaway. Which is amazing, but my jaw dropped when I looked at the rate for an inside stateroom for a double dip! But you are getting your money's worth I'm sure.

But to OP, we did a 4 night as our first cruise on the Disney Wonder and loved it. Nassau, Castaway Cay and then a day at sea. A pretty quick vacation, but we also felt rested at not rushed to do everything we saw. 7 nights have a lot to offer. We went on a 7 night on another line and had a blast. If it's your first, I would definitely do the 4 night with the day at sea. There's so much going on and it's so relaxing to look out and see nothing but water.

Sorry, I pressed the wrong button. Ignore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter