<~ This WDW Family is headed to DisneyLand for the 1st time! PTR *TR started 7/24*

I know..updates please! :rotfl:
I booked our few dining ressies last week....I will post those when I don't have a baby in my lap and can type with two hands! ;)

We just got back from camping this weekend..all went well even though baby had an ear infection from last Thursday ,...antibiotics are great! :)

Anywho...I would like to say that we have 47 more days til our trip! And we have another camping trip to the river before DL!

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana: I'm doing the happy dance for you! At least something happy to dance for!

I have yet to hear of any WDW vet not liking Disneyland!

Believe it or not it happens. It's usually funny to read their TRs as it's always something silly like "The castle was too small" or "A CM didn't smile at me", usually followed by "I'll never go to DLR again!".

Personally, I think DLR beats WDW in so many ways it's not funny. I find it to be a much less stressful experience than WDW.

I'm sure you'll have a great time! :)

I'll join in. We will be there in July as well and are first time DL after many trips to DW. Maybe we'll see you around the parks.

:welcome: Maybe we can have a DIS meet?! Where are ya'll staying?

Can't resist a WDW vet going to DL thread. We did this in 2007 and had so much fun that we switched to DL as our home park. We love Disneyland so much! California has so many amazing places to visit and we're so glad we broke away form WDW and visited San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego, and Yosemite National Park (a true heaven on earth!).
:welcome: Glad to hear you loved DL so much! :) We are planning a visit to Newport Beach and Hollywood.

Heather, you are getting so close!!! :banana: Can't wait to hear about where you are eating.

Hope you are doing well!

We are getting close! So exciting but a little nervous too! :) We are doing good...enjoying the summer break and relaxing! How are ya'll? Did you start your new TR?

Believe it or not it happens. It's usually funny to read their TRs as it's always something silly like "The castle was too small" or "A CM didn't smile at me", usually followed by "I'll never go to DLR again!".

Personally, I think DLR beats WDW in so many ways it's not funny. I find it to be a much less stressful experience than WDW.

I admit that I am a little 'worried' that I'll compare the parks but am trying to keep an open mind! I am sure we will have a great time! ;) It's Disney after all! :wizard: I see you are a fellow Texan as well! We are near Dallas now but moved away from Houston area about a year ago...I was a born and raised in Houston.

Are you ready.....for some Dining Ressies??!!!?? :woohoo:

I'm prepared for Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be smaller (a lot smaller) than Cinderella Castle. And I'll probably comment on it.

As for the Oscar Myers about a "CM didn't smile at me," I've actually noticed a major decrease in the friendliness at WDW. A couple trips ago (to WDW) a CM actually pushed me into a wall... totally intentionally. I didn't want to ride in the front car of BTMRR, so I stopped to ask the people behind me if they wanted to switch. The CM yelled at me to keep moving and I told her I didn't want to sit in the front car and was just asking if someone wanted to switch (there are usually so many people who want to sit in the front, you know?). She then grabbed my arms and shoved me and I ended up in the wall. My ex, who was with me, flipped bananas.

My reasoning was totally logical too (for wanting to move back). I always get headaches when I ride in the front car and there are always people who fight for the front car.

It's sad, but no matter where I go (Disney or not) I just expect people to be rude. And then when someone is polite, nice, or goes over the top, I compliment them and usually tell their manager.

I admit that I am a little 'worried' that I'll compare the parks but am trying to keep an open mind! I am sure we will have a great time! ;) It's Disney after all! :wizard: I see you are a fellow Texan as well! We are near Dallas now but moved away from Houston area about a year ago...I was a born and raised in Houston.

Are you ready.....for some Dining Ressies??!!!?? :woohoo:

I'm thinking of moving to Austin. :rotfl:

Hurry up with the restaurant list! Hurry! Hurry!:banana:

So here goes our list!

7/15 Story Teller's Breakfast

7/16 Goofy's Kitchen Dinner

7/18 Plaza Inn Minnie & Friends - Breakfast in the Park

7/18 Cafe Orleans Lunch (thinking of canceling)

7/19 BBB for girls

7/19 Ariel's Grotto Dinner

7/20 Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Dinner

7/21 PCH Grill Surf's Up Breakfast w/Mickey & Friends

So...what do you think?! I really wish that there were more character options for lunch & dinner!

30 DAYS TO GO! :) :) :)

We are WDW pass holders which means we go A LOT:cool1:
Planning on stopping by DL on the way back from Aulani next March. Anxious to hear your comparisons!

I know you probably "have to" see Hollywood but it is so not worth it. Newport is great. The south side of Newport is a beach called Corona Del Mar which is a perfect crescent shaped beach for getting into the ocean. You can also take a sunset cruise from the Newport area for as low as $15 a person. They take you around the harbor showing millionaire homes and then out onto the Pacific to watch the sunset over the Cali coastline. I highly recommend this.

Another fellow WDW vet taking on DL in July here :banana:

Looks like our families will be at Minnie's breakfast on the same morning! It's our first day in the parks and I'm super excited! My girls will have their Minnie dresses on, so if you see us, feel free to wave!

I'm pretty worried about the crowds. We would NEVER go to WDW in the summer, so I hope we are not too crazy.

I look forward to reading your report. I'll do one on my blog when we get back.

Another fellow WDW vet taking on DL in July here :banana:

Looks like our families will be at Minnie's breakfast on the same morning! It's our first day in the parks and I'm super excited! My girls will have their Minnie dresses on, so if you see us, feel free to wave!

I'm pretty worried about the crowds. We would NEVER go to WDW in the summer, so I hope we are not too crazy.

I look forward to reading your report. I'll do one on my blog when we get back.

I never thought that the crowds during the summer in WDW were that bad, especially after FastPass. I mean you do wait in line, and it is hot and humid, but I never thought it was too much to handle. My little sister and I did all of Epcot by 6 pm once.

Now WDW during Spring Break times... I think that's worse than summer.

I don't know anything about Disneyland since I've never been there.:rolleyes1

I never thought that the crowds during the summer in WDW were that bad, especially after FastPass. I mean you do wait in line, and it is hot and humid, but I never thought it was too much to handle. My little sister and I did all of Epcot by 6 pm once.

Now WDW during Spring Break times... I think that's worse than summer.

I don't know anything about Disneyland since I've never been there.:rolleyes1

I guess I'll find out haha. The Florida heat is half the reason we won't go in summer to WDW and I would never go during spring break either ;) We like to go in the fall, which of course keeps getting busier and busier, so maybe the crowds in the summer wouldn't be as bad as I imagine them to be.

I'm prepared for Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be smaller (a lot smaller) than Cinderella Castle. And I'll probably comment on it.

Nothing wrong at all with comparing the parks. it's the ones that use the word "ruined" to describe their vacations following that first sight of the castle that always has me rolling my eyes.

I'm also the type that prepares myself ahead of time for mediocre service. It's just the way it is now. The CM that pushed you though was way out of line.

I guess I'll find out haha. The Florida heat is half the reason we won't go in summer to WDW and I would never go during spring break either ;) We like to go in the fall, which of course keeps getting busier and busier, so maybe the crowds in the summer wouldn't be as bad as I imagine them to be.

I actually don't think the heat is that bad. But if you ask my mom... :rotfl:

I love the fall time too. That's really when I like to travel. How come you aren't going to Disneyland in the fall?

Nothing wrong at all with comparing the parks. it's the ones that use the word "ruined" to describe their vacations following that first sight of the castle that always has me rolling my eyes.

I'm also the type that prepares myself ahead of time for mediocre service. It's just the way it is now. The CM that pushed you though was way out of line.

I don't know how people don't realize that Sleeping Beauty's Castle is considerably smaller than Cinderella Castle. Just looking at the pictures on Disney's website or the video they send you it looks so much smaller.

You know the only thing that can ruin my vacation? Me!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter