This Thread Has NO CARBS

Carol_

DIS Veteran
in search of your favorite low/no carb/keto tips and recipes.
Thanks!
Bonus points for anyone successful at doing WDW on such a diet and posting their fave WDW keto options.

A lettuce bun burger from d-luxe burger at Disney springs is yummy. I also like the shrimp cocktail salad at grand Floridian cafe. Liberty tree was a good spot for lunch but it think it’s all you can eat platter now vs a menu you can order from. Still has great meat though, green beans and salad. It can definitely be challenging to eat low carb at Disney.

Search for 4 ingredient recipes to make - I’ve found creamed spinach, chocolate mousse, Alfredo sauce, etc. all low carb and delicious! My fave is Better Than Noodles or Better Than Pasta - I found them on Amazon. They can get pricey but are zero net carbs and really help when you want a pasta/noodle fix or find some great sauce recipe. For Disney stick with steak with butter, salads, green beans etc. I think Blaze pizza has a low carb crust option. Also all the seafood options with butter etc are great!

I don't know about carbs specifically, but I know if you let high-calorie food items like crepes, Costco Gourmet Chocolate Chunk Cookies, ice cream, etc just sit out on a counter for a few minutes, most of the calories leak out. I've been using this strategy for years!

Not sure if it's Keto - it's a recipe I learned waaaaay back in the days of the Atkins craze: Mashed Cauliflower (excellent potato substitute). If you want to try using the pre-riced cauliflower that's so readily available now, make sure to get the raw version because cooking it in the broth is essential for the flavor.

1 head cauliflower
1 carton chicken broth
1/4 cup butter
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
Dash nutmeg

Separate cauliflower into small florettes and simmer in chicken broth until very tender. Drain all but 1/4 cup liquid and add butter; mashing very well and add cheese and seasonings while hot. If desired, can be turned into a casserole dish and browned under the broiler to crisp up the top.

We had tacos for dinner tonight and while the rest of the family had ground beef tacos I made a batch of Shrimp Tacos.....they came out great. I used the Mission Carb Smart tortillas which are only 4 net carbs each and taste exactly like regular flour tortillas. Here is the shrimp taco recipe.

For toppings we had a variety:

Coquito cheese
cilantro
tomatoes
lettuce
red cabbage
red onion
limes
black olives

Shrimp Tacos with Best Shrimp Taco Sauce (VIDEO) - NatashasKitchen.com

MJ

I just tried chaffles for the first time and I’m thrilled with the outcome! So easy!
Mix one egg with 1/4 cup shredded cheese, pour into middle of heated waffle maker and cook until yummy looking.
It pops right out with no fuss. Tastes waffle-esque

I just tried chaffles for the first time and I’m thrilled with the outcome! So easy!
Mix one egg with 1/4 cup shredded cheese, pour into middle of heated waffle maker and cook until yummy looking.
I love chaffles! I make one for breakfast. 1/4 cup of mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp of cake batter flavoring and 1 tbsp of sugar free pudding (cheesecake or white chocolate are my favorite). Mix all together and put it in your waffle iron. I top it with whipped cream.

:confused3 Really? How can it possibly taste like anything other than a cheese omlette?

I dunno, others may find it gross but... if you get some canned chicken, add a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt, some shredded cheese, some Louisiana hot sauce, mix it up really well and throw it in the toaster oven for about 20 minutes.....put it in a low carb tortilla shell, the results are surprisingly good.

:confused3 Really? How can it possibly taste like anything other than a cheese omlette?
Because it’s a miracle. :confused3 :love:
Also, there’s a bit of cheese omelette taste in there too... just in a fluffy waffle configuration. It’s much lighter, less eggy tasting. Why does cake taste like cake? It has lots of odd ingredients you wouldn’t eat separately, yet, miracle!

Cauliflower is also really good as a base for quick sauces.
I use cauliflower rice, boil it in vegetable broth for a few minutes. Drain it, but save a few spoons of broth. Put the cauliflower and a bit of the broth in a blender with some cream cheese, blend till one consistency, and you have a basic cream sauce with a lot of vegetables. From there it's easy to add cheese, or certain spices to make a curry sauce, or something more Italian.

I am not in favour of keto, in the past I did get good results with weight watchers. But now I have lost my Corona-kilos (gained over 10 pounds!) by using the free app My Fitness Pal to count calories, but with the addition to have a good balance in proteins/carbs/fats.

Last edited:
I've lost a little over 80 lbs doing what I call "dirty Keto/lazy low carb"
The egg roll in a bowl is one of my favorites & my daughter makes a great enchilada pie (Papa G's recipe) using low carb tortillas from Aldi.
Tons of good recipes out there.
Check out:
Carolyn Ketchum (All Day I Dream About Food)
Jennifer Garza (Low Carb Inspirations)
dot 2 trot
Papa G
The Keto Twins
I rarely follow any diet at Disney. I try to eat a little smarter there now but still indulge, get back on the healthier stuff when I get back home.

in search of your favorite low/no carb/keto tips and recipes.
Thanks!
Bonus points for anyone successful at doing WDW on such a diet and posting their fave WDW keto options.

Not a recipe, but an idea - grilled chicken with bacon and avocado is manna from heaven...add tons of veg and set them up into a salad form, turn them into a lettuce wrap form, even take it in a taco direction. If you have those 3 ingredients together, it's awesome.

A doctor once told me to never, ever start the day off with carbs. I have noticed if I have a carb free breakfast I do not get those mid morning cravings and I don't feel hungry until around 1 pm. If I have any type of carbs in the morning it sets me up to want carbs all day.

This morning I used many of the toppings left over from our tacos last night for my omelette. Chopped tomato, red onion, black olives, cilantro, cheddar cheese...yum!

MJ

My DH has recently had to start really watching carbs, and this Egg Roll In a Bowl is one of our new favorites.

This recipe for garlic knots came out pretty good as well.

I've also done mushrooms in the air fryer, using almond flour and parmesan cheese as the base for the breading, and really liked those.

My favorite dessert so far has been this Keto Cinnamon Donut Bread.

About to make the Cinnamon Donut Bread. Will let you know how it comes out.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter