This Surprise Trip brought to you by Annual Passes! (With a little EPICness Sprinkled in)

So, on Thursday, we decided to sent the girls to school without telling them, we didn't want Gwen to rush through her test or be distracted while taking her test.

That was smart! I could barely concentrate at work on our travel day, I can’t imagine having to take a test with a Disney Trip on my mind!

The flight attendants were yelling at the person to sit down. She didn't listen. So, the pilot literally stopped the plane where we were and we waited for her to come out of the bathroom.

That is just crazy. Must have been a real bathroom emergency - was she at least apologetic on the way out?

Oh that was the other thing! When did it become a thing that people in the back don't wait till the rows in front of them get off?

Seriously. I’ve seen this on multiple airlines recently - and wondered if people seriously don’t know that they’re supposed to wait their turn or just don’t care.

The sandwich was AWFUL!!!!! Probably one of the worst things I have eaten on Disney property. It was bad!!!!

That is disappointing! Resort QS is consistently some of the only food I’m really not impressed with. Roaring Fork didn’t wow us on our recent trip.

She had brought with her Star Wars balloons and some other Star Wars decorations and gifts! all the way from California with her.

That is so sweet of her!! What a nice surprise.

These are the gifts she got for Morgan, and seriously they were so thoughtful and SOOO appricated!! Andy may have wanted the one book for himself to read! @Lesley Wake - I can't thank you enough!!!! You have been so thoughtful to everyone on these boards! And I am sure I speak for everyone, we all appriciate it!
Aww, thanks! I had fun collecting all the stuff and getting to hang out with your family again! I can’t wait to see you again, hopefully sooner rather than later!

what a wonderful surprises at the beginning and the end of the day- the travel part not so much ugh. Lesley is so thoughtful. You are lucky to have met her and become friends in "real life",
We really are lucky! Lesley was our first dis-meet!

Can I just say I have 2 boys (8 weeks old and 2 years old) and I am so excited to be able to surprise them with things like this. Love your reports! You are clearly a great mom and have a great family!
Welcome!!!! And thank you! I have probably mentioned it at some point, but I don't think I actually talk about it much but... Andy and I both went to Syracuse University! And I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you may have as well? Otto gave it away a little ;)

That is just crazy. Must have been a real bathroom emergency - was she at least apologetic on the way out?
She was not. I don't think she made eye contact with anyone on her way back to her seat. But I don't blame her, she had a plane full of people mad at her.

That is disappointing! Resort QS is consistently some of the only food I’m really not impressed with. Roaring Fork didn’t wow us on our recent trip
QS is much more hit or miss. And I think that the QS at the resorts can be really bad. The sandwich was tomatoe mozzarella, which is usually a safe bet but yuck!

Aww, thanks! I had fun collecting all the stuff and getting to hang out with your family again! I can’t wait to see you again, hopefully sooner rather than later!
Andy has already started talking about wanting to go back to Disneyland. So, it is only a matter of time!

What an exciting travel day!! I'm sure Morgan was over the moon excited about her surprise!

Looks like an awesome room location. I agree with the girls about the lazy river being too lazy! haha but definitely nice that they had the pool all to themselves!

And how nice of @Lesley Wake !! I got chills, what an awesome surprise!! You'll have to make sure she has a trip planned when its Gwen's turn! hahaha

Morgan looks very happy and surprised!

Wow that sounds like a terrible flight experience!

But nice to be greeted by an empty DME line!

Glad the girls could enjoy the pool!

So nice of Lesley to help with the decorations! And a fun surprise for the girls!

Morgan looks very happy and surprised!
She was so excited! And then she would be so overwhelmed. It was cute.

Andy's shirt is awesome! I guess you got it at Disney?
I think that one came from teepublic.com It has alot of star wars shirts and Andy has many of them!

That flight sounds terrible! Lesley is so sweet and it seemed like Morgan really enjoyed her surprise!
The flight was horrible, but the destination was well worth it.

What a wonderful thing that Lesley did!!!! Beautiful start to the trip!
It def ended on a high note.

Well her birthday is shortly after mine, right? I'm beginning of July.
Gwen is July 19th. So, a little after. I am not sure I want to go back to Disney World in July... Maybe Disneyland.....

Gwen is July 19th. So, a little after. I am not sure I want to go back to Disney World in July... Maybe Disneyland.....
I'm July 9. I actually think DL is one of the better parks in the summer! Yes, it can be extremely hot, but it doesn't have the humidity of Florida or the Asian parks. And has adequate A/C unlike Paris! And the morning can be cooler and evenings nicer.

Next summer, Marvel Land should be opening!

That flight experience sounds terrible! People can be so inconsiderate on airplanes; a little courtesy and rule-following goes a long way, people!

@Lesley Wake that was such a sweet and awesome surprise for Morgan! I'm pretty sure if all the DIS kids could take a vote on their favorite DISer, you would win. I know my kids still love their coloring books you gave them and the Groots! (Evie just discovered that he sticks to the radiators so Alex and I keep finding him hanging out in various places around the house.)

Morgan's reactions to the news and the decorations were priceless. She really does look like she couldn't believe what was happening.

Oh Morgan looks so excited. I know she doesn't always like surprises but she appears to have enjoyed this one!!

We were flying Frontier this trip, which we don't love but it was the cheapest by far! I don't think I paid extra for choosing our seats, but I checked us in right at the 24 hour window and was able to get us 3 and 1 seats towards the back of the plane both ways, so no issue there.
Ugh we flew Frontier once or should i say we were supposed to fly them once and never even got on the plane. They had one person checking in bags for 3 flights going out that morning. We waited almost 3 hours in line and despite having a clear issue on their hands (security was even monitoring the line) they sent every flight off on time. They didn't have another flight for a few more days (and it was Casey's birthday) so we just went to the united counter and paid like $600 for 3 one way flights. I figured I'd at least get my money back but Frontier took no ownership and said I could have flown another day.

But the best was once we landed, someone got up to use the bathroom while we were still taxi-ing. The flight attendants were yelling at the person to sit down.
Now that is just something. Maybe frontier is like when you stay at a cheap motel? The clientele at Motel 6 is always a bit different than the Marriott :earboy2:

The people 4 rows behind us got up and walked literally half way up the plane. And then the Dad got mad because the wife wasn't pushing there way farther up!
Motel 6 right there

You all did a great job decorating for Morgan. Way to go Lesley!!!

Oh Morgan looks so excited. I know she doesn't always like surprises but she appears to have enjoyed this one!!
I was def worried about Morgan crying again, like the reveal of going to Disneyland.

Ugh we flew Frontier once or should i say we were supposed to fly them once and never even got on the plane. They had one person checking in bags for 3 flights going out that morning. We waited almost 3 hours in line and despite having a clear issue on their hands (security was even monitoring the line) they sent every flight off on time. They didn't have another flight for a few more days (and it was Casey's birthday) so we just went to the united counter and paid like $600 for 3 one way flights. I figured I'd at least get my money back but Frontier took no ownership and said I could have flown another day.
Yikes! That sounds horrible!!

Motel 6 right there
This was part of our theory, which in August, there was a huge comotion going on by the Frontier lines. Thankfully we were Southwest that time.

@Lesley Wake that was such a sweet and awesome surprise for Morgan! I'm pretty sure if all the DIS kids could take a vote on their favorite DISer, you would win. I know my kids still love their coloring books you gave them and the Groots! (Evie just discovered that he sticks to the radiators so Alex and I keep finding him hanging out in various places around the house
Aw thanks! The thing is-I love Disney. And I normally experience it alone. Or at the very least with other adults (which is awesome in its own respect). But when I get a chance to experience it with kids and pass on that love, it’s so much fun! And I love Disney shopping, even when it’s not for me-so it’s fun to spoil kids!

And that is HILARIOUS about Evie and Groot! They have a Porg one now, and I created my own Captain America for May!

Wonderful start to a perfectly wonderful birthday surprise trip! I remember all of the fun posts about the decorating that Lesley did the birthday girl. How incredibly generous and sweet. :goodvibes That stinks about the sandwich. Yuck! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter