This Surprise Trip brought to you by Annual Passes! (With a little EPICness Sprinkled in)

Day One: Ferb I know what we are going to do today!

So, I left us off getting some breakfast at Gaston's. We were headed to use our second fast pass of the day, Big Thunder Mountain.

BTM Wagon

The wait wasn't too bad but it was just so hot today. So, while waiting we talked about the plan for the rest of the day.

Ready to Ride

Morgan wanted to go back and swim, so we decided to use our last fat pass and then head out of the park. Big Thunder was fun as always!

But we had some time to kill before our last fast pass, so what did we do? We ate more food!

Hei Hei Cone
Morgan wanted a Hei Hei Cone.

The line was a little long, and Disney took the cone off of the mobile order app, so we had to wait in line.

Double Hei Hei Cones
Since we had to wait, I decided to get one as well. I really wanted my beloved Orange Swirl Float but wasn't willing to wait in ANOTHER line.

While Morgan and I were waiting for Hei Hei's Andy and Gwen got in a different line...
Double Bacon
The candied bacon has become a staple for Andy and Gwen. And I fear for when they get rid of it.

I am SURE we sat in our secret spot, although I don't have photographic evenice of it. I think this is the time, that we found round tables in bench area, except the one with the Sorcer Mickey station. Which makes me wonder, if it was that way awhile back, and then they got ride of the tables? The tables def made it feel less "secret" Thankfully, the tables were gone this summer, so not sure what that is about.

We rested a bit and then decided to head towards our last fast pass.

Castle Show
We stopped and watched a tiny bit of this show. It is cute but it was so so so hot! And the love bugs were our in FULL force!!!! They were so so so annoying. And by now they were driving Morgan crazy!

Thugs

We headed the rest of the way over to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and scanned in a few minutes early.
Waiting for 7DMT

And in no time we were riding.
7DMT Ride Photo

Mine Train Ride Photo
I tried to get everyone to sway together to get the cart to sway more, and we did an ok job! And it def adds to it! Has oneone tried doing this?

M&G on 7DMT
7DMT was fun as always but too short as always.

Evil Witch
We were the first car, so I was able to get a good shot of the Evil Witch!

After our ride, we started to head out of the park.
Back of the Castle

We cut through the castle.
Castle Mosaic

And made our way to the shops. We walked through the stores to look at stuff and hide from the love bugs.

What is this love bug you are talking about?
Love Bugs
They are 2 bugs kind of stuck together, and they fly around and just get in your way and there were literally so many of them!

As we came out of the shops near the hub, I saw something that we were hoping to see and had completely forgotten about!

Phineas and Ferb!!!!

The girls LOVE P&F and watch the show all the time. So, we ran and got in line to meet them!

P&F

The line wasn't too bad, maybe 15 minutes, but the bugs were driving us crazy! But we were determined to meet them.

Phineas & Ferb!
Soon enough it was our turn!

See the hat I am holding, Morgan was swatting love bugs with it while we waited... animal lovers she is not.

Nice to Meet You

YEAH!
It was awsome to have a character meet that we were all excitied to meet. It had been awhile since there was anyone that we really wanted to meet!

Hello Hello
After everyone got there hugs in...

Family Pic with F&P
We got the main picture!!

Family Pic
It was awsome meeting them!!! And I am so glad it worked out, as I think they are gone again. Maybe they will bring them back out if the P&F movie does well on Disney+

After that, we headed out. I wish I had made us wait to meet birthday Mickey but I was trying to do what Morgan wanted to do.

We headed to the monorail to take that to EPCOT. I had suggested we ride to EPCOT and walk through the World Showcase and grab a few Flower & Garden food items as we made our way to the hotel. The girls were down with this plan ONLY because I showed them a picture of the Orange Bird Sippers!

We waited just a little bit. There was a very pregant woman waiting and she was carring a pillow with her. I felt so bad for her. She clearly had to be miserable in the heat and the fact that she needed a pillow to sit on! Oye!

We left P&F at 12:30 and were in EPCOT by 12:50! Not bad!
Flower & Garden

EPCOT Ball

Butterfly Topiary
We by passed all of the rides in the front of the park, and just checked out topiaries as we walked.

Goofy Topiary

I "forced" everyone to go into Club Cool.
Club Cool
I knew it would be closing soon and I am glad we went, because we didn't make it in on our August trip!

In the past Gwen never tried any, but she broke down this time and tried some.
Gwen actually trying some
She ended up liking the one that isn't carbonated, I think it was melon flavored?

We moved on to get some food.
Water Feature
It was hot! So I encouraged the girls to get a little wet, we would be back at the room soon enough.

But the big kids that they are, didn't want to get there shoes wet!
Water trapping the girls
And they ended up getting "stuck" in the middle! But they survived and made it out barely wet.

Finally we made it to our first stop!!!
Orange Bird Cups
Orange Bird sippers scored!!! The CM got a kick out of the girls, as they were beyond excitied about the cups. The drink inside was unfortanlty gross. It was milkshake consistancy and too heavy for the heat.

Orange Slush
I ordered the Orange Wine Slushy. And it was soooo good! I loved it. My biggest complaint? It wasn't big enough.

Lobster Tail from Citrus Blossom
Andy ordered the Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon. He said it was just ok.

We got our goodies and walked and ate / drank.

But not too long, we came across another booth to try.
Beef Tenderloin Tips from Northern Bloom
Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables

Probably from the Canada booth? This was very good. And pretty sure Morgan ate a little of this as well.

Seared Scallops from Northern Bloom
So, both of these were from Northern Bloom?

Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon

Morgan and Gwen both tried a part of a scallop and they both said they liked it but didn't love it. Andy said it was really good.

We walked and ate all of our goodies, and made our way to the International Gateway. It was time for some swimming!

Up next Swimming and rest! Exciting stuff right?

Orange Bird sippers scored!!! The CM got a kick out of the girls, as they were beyond excitied about the cups. The drink inside was unfortanlty gross. It was milkshake consistancy and too heavy for the heat.
Those sippers are adorable! Too bad the drink wasn't a hit.

Andy ordered the Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon. He said it was just ok.
This is disappointing too.

That's impressive park hopping! I would have thought getting from MK to Epcot via monorail would have taken a lot longer. The nice thing about having APs is that you don't have to stay at the parks all day. Excited to hear what the girls thought of SAB!

Since we had to wait, I decided to get one as well. I really wanted my beloved Orange Swirl Float but wasn't willing to wait in ANOTHER line.

The Hei Hei cones look so good! And fun. The orange Dole Whip was my favorite on our trip this year too but the line was soo long.

And the love bugs were our in FULL force!!!! They were so so so annoying. And by now they were driving Morgan crazy!

They were terrible! I heard someone saying they were out earlier than usual this year. I didn’t mind them here and there but there were a few times we walked through CLOUDS of them and they grossed me out.

Ugh, lovebugs. They're such a nuisance! Sorry you had to deal with them on your MK morning.

That's pretty awesome that you managed to catch Phineas and Ferb. I feel like it's always the Robin Hood friends out there.

I went to WDW in July when I was 27 weeks pregnant...it was a feat! Don't regret it but don't ever want to do it again, either. I was sympathizing with the poor pillow girl....

The Orange Bird sippers! The girls looked so excited to get them. Shame you couldn't have filled them with that orange wine slushy.

This is disappointing too.
It was. Oh well.

Excited to hear what the girls thought of SAB!
Spoiler Alert, we all loved it!

They were terrible! I heard someone saying they were out earlier than usual this year. I didn’t mind them here and there but there were a few times we walked through CLOUDS of them and they grossed me out.
We talked to someone the next day who was a local and said that they were particularly bad this year.

That's pretty awesome that you managed to catch Phineas and Ferb.
We tried to catch them in February and they were never out. So, it was really great that we got to see them.

The Orange Bird sippers! The girls looked so excited to get them. Shame you couldn't have filled them with that orange wine slushy.
Right?!? I totally would have done that. I am not sure why the stuff they put in the bird wasn't the same just non-alcholic.

How cool that the girls got to meet Phineas and Ferb! They looked like they loved it! Sorry about the lovebugs - we're going in May and I'm dreading the lovebugs for sure!

Such a fun day with the birthday girl at MK! And the photos of F&G remind me of the beautiful time I had there in May. You had many of the same food items I did and I loved them all. Isn't EPCOT so gorgeous for that Festival?!

As we came out of the shops near the hub, I saw something that we were hoping to see and had completely forgotten about!

Phineas and Ferb!!!!

The girls LOVE P&F and watch the show all the time. So, we ran and got in line to meet them!
I loved that show! I was disappointed when they stopped making new ones.
We headed to the monorail to take that to EPCOT. I had suggested we ride to EPCOT and walk through the World Showcase and grab a few Flower & Garden food items as we made our way to the hotel. The girls were down with this plan ONLY because I showed them a picture of the Orange Bird Sippers!
Good call! And nice use of your persuasive powers.
Orange Bird sippers scored!!! The CM got a kick out of the girls, as they were beyond excitied about the cups. The drink inside was unfortanlty gross.
Well, when the vessel sells itself, why worry about the contents?
Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
That looks pretty good. Just needs to be a bigger portion.

I've yet to experience the love bugs myself but they sound sooo annoying!!

Great pics with Phineas and Ferb! Sounds like a great morning at MK!

Good idea to stop at Epcot on the way back to your hotel!!

Double Bacon
The candied bacon has become a staple for Andy and Gwen. And I fear for when they get rid of it.
I was getting worried for a minute when you went for the Hei Hei's and I didn't see any bacon in sight :P

Has oneone tried doing this?
Yep. We're swingers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love Bugs
They are 2 bugs kind of stuck together, and they fly around and just get in your way and there were literally so many of them!
Ugh these things were so disgusting. I have never seen anything like it and they were just everywhere!! The love bugs may keep me from visiting in May again

Family Pic
It was awsome meeting them!!! And I am so glad it worked out, as I think they are gone again. Maybe they will bring them back out if the P&F movie does well on Disney+
Love it! Casey met them once in MGM but I'm pretty sure she had no idea who they were at the time

Orange Bird Cups
I brought one of these home for Casey and its one of her most prized possessions. Glad I ordered it without the drink though. That does not sound good

The sippers are SO cute! Sounds like an awesome birthday! Nice that you didn't try to stay in one park the whole day. Sometimes I feel like the day feels longer when you do that!

Sorry about the lovebugs - we're going in May and I'm dreading the lovebugs for sure!
I was told that this time was particularly bad, so hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

Such a fun day with the birthday girl at MK! And the photos of F&G remind me of the beautiful time I had there in May. You had many of the same food items I did and I loved them all. Isn't EPCOT so gorgeous for that Festival?!
EPCOT is really pretty. It was our first time seeing EPCOT during Food & Wine.

Well, when the vessel sells itself, why worry about the contents?
I guess so, but why make a new flavor then?

I loved that show! I was disappointed when they stopped making new ones.
They are making a movie for Disney+, maybe that will do well.

Good idea to stop at Epcot on the way back to your hotel!!
It worked out well, but I will say it was a lot more extra walking.

I was getting worried for a minute when you went for the Hei Hei's and I didn't see any bacon in sight :P
Ha! You know now it too well.

Yep. We're swingers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I had to look back and see why you were a swinger.

The love bugs may keep me from visiting in May again
Us to.

Love it! Casey met them once in MGM but I'm pretty sure she had no idea who they were at the ti
We saw them on our first visit, but at that time we didn't know who they were either.

Glad I ordered it without the drink though. That does not sound good
Yeah, the girls didn't even like it. I feel like that says something.

The sippers are SO cute! Sounds like an awesome birthday! Nice that you didn't try to stay in one park the whole day. Sometimes I feel like the day feels longer when you do that!
Just wait. It was good that we did. But someone was still pretty beat.

Those love bugs were so gross and annoying!
They really were so annoying!

Day One: Rest and Relaxation

I left us off heading back to the room for a swim. We got back and got suited up and headed down to the pool.

View from our room
I ended up taking a lot of pictures from our room, it was just so pretty!

I was texting with @Lesley Wake about meeting up at the pool.

Morgan in mid air
We headed down and Morgan and Gwen wasted no time getting in!

We all got in and floated around. And eventually Lesley, @disneyandi & @Mollydolly334 all found us. We chatted and floated around for a bit. Unforntanly we didn't get a picture as we were all in the water. But it was nice to chate with all 3 of them for a bit.

Eventually they had to head back to there room to get ready for the big dis dinner at Ohana. And we needed to get some food and go rest in the room for a bit.

We decided to divide and concour. Andy took the girls to the Beach Club Counter Service area and got them a flat bread to split.
Flatbread Pizza
Cheese for Gwen and Sausage for Morgan. They said they like it, and it was the second time they got it, so it must have been ok.

And I went to the pool bar and got Andy and I the nachos to split.
Barbecue Pork Nachos
Barbecue Pork Nachos with Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Pico de Gallo and Avocado Crema

These were suprisingly good! And hit the spot.

I of course had to get a drink since I was there!
Piña CoLAVA
Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with flavors of Coconut, Pineapple and Raspberry Purée

This was also suprisingly good!

We rested in the room, took turns showering and eating our food. We had spent a good 2 hours at the pool which was nice. BUT the sun and the late night the night before had really taken a toll on the girls! They were beat!

But we had to head back to Magic Kingdom for a special evening for Morgan!

At 6:30, we were on a bus back to Magic Kingdom and this was Morgan...
Soooo tired

tired and a little sun burnt
They both got a little sun burnt on the faces, it looks. And they were both SOOOOO tired.

We decided to take it slow, since we were so tired. And since we didn't have a fast pass for Splash Mountain, that is where we headed. We stopped somewhere and grabbed a soft pretzel and bottle of water for the girls to snack on in line.

Morgan and Gwen weren't too excitied to have to wait, but I don't think I was able to get anything good for a 4th Fast Pass.

On Splash

I have that we got on the ride around 8:00, so we probably waited a good amount of time.

Criter Wagon
But we had a nice sunset on our ride.

View from splash

We tried to do a ride photo all pointing at the birthday girl, but the guys in front of us had other plans...
Splash Ride Photo

After the ride, we decided to just go over and check in for the Dessert party. We were doing the After Dessert Party again. So, we checked in and the whole area was WAY more crowded than in February!!!

But we found a spot and sat down and just waited for the fireworks. We were still able to sit / lay down but not nearly as much room as last time.

Firworks

Fireworks Castle
The fireworks were great as always. And I do love not worrying about finding a good spot.

Grand Finale
After the fireworks, we headed over to get some desserts!

We waded across the crowd and I think we were one of the first families let in!

The girls, were quickly disapointed when they realized there were no macaroons! They had replaced them wiht cookie dough balls.
Cookie Dough and Push Pop

Happily Ever After Desserts
Probably my plate...

Ooey Gooey Toffee Bread Pudding
I told Morgan to try the Toffee Pudding as her and Andy love Bread Pudding. But Morgan was just so tired, she was just done. I felt bad for her. It was to be her birthday "cake" and she was so tired she barely approciated it.

We did enjoy the dessert party again but I think we were all tired and it was a little too close to the last time we did it. I honestly can't remember if the park was open after the fireworks or not. But we def headed home after that. We had another fun filled day ahead of us. And def needed our rest!

We headed home and straight to bed.

Up Next May the 4th be with you!

Sounds like a fun time at the pool!

The girls sure do look pooped!!

Beautiful sunset on Splash. But that guy in the front row..yikes lol

I'm sorry you guys couldn't enjoy the dessert party as much. I'm sure you all were so tired!

But sounds like a great birthday for Morgan overall!

The desserts look so good! I'm thinking we will try a dessert party when the girls are a little older. A stress-free place to watch fireworks sounds very appealing!

Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with flavors of Coconut, Pineapple and Raspberry Purée

Yum! I could go for one of these now...

At 6:30, we were on a bus back to Magic Kingdom and this was Morgan...

There is no tired like Disney tired! A sign of a good time :)

Criter Wagon
But we had a nice sunset on our ride.

This is so beautiful!!

Phinneas and Ferb!! We met them a few times at HS, Ricky knew who they were then but not so much Chris. We have really cute pictures somewhere, glad you got to meet them!!

Hmm, getting rid of macarons 👎 however I Ike the idea of cookie dough balls too🤔

But Morgan was just so tired, she was just done. I felt bad for her

It’s too bad she was too tired to enjoy it as much as she would have usually - it looked like a great day! And an awesome birthday surprise!!!
But I am sure she will remember all the highlights of the day in retrospect...
I sure hope you had a chance to rest the next morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!