This is the "kindler and gentler" board, right?

Redmic

Can't fold fitted sheets
Hi everyone! I don't make it to this board very often (although I have tried a few of the recipes, thanks). I decided to come over here today because there was some rather mean-spirited stuff on a couple of the other boards. :( I don't recall seeing anyone attacking someone's recipe or telling them that their food choice was too fattening or anything, so hopefully this is the DIS safe-haven. :) Now I shall read about all the yummy stuff for a while and relax!

Yeah - I'm not a regular here either - but it's so stormy here - I'm thinking about Christmas baking - thought I'd get some inspiration here!

how about sharing some of your families favorite foods ......

I think this is a real stressful weekend for many families. Hurry, hurry, hurry. I will post some recipes, as soon I figure out how!!!

Herc

Welcome, We are always glad to see new faces.

Have you ever thought of making a scrapbook of your Disney trips or a memory book of family events? That's another aspect of this board. We always enjoy helping newbies get started.

Sit back, kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

chessie

Oh boy! New blood!!! :bounce: :bounce: That means new recipes, right? ;)

Welcome to the board! And yes, this board is very much the shelter in the storm. Everyone here is lovely and helpful and full of great ideas! (Chessie - I keep thinking about starting to scrap, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I hear it's addicting! ;) )

You were looking for ideas? Well, this morning I made orange muffins for breakfast & posted the recipe at Orange Muffins .

This afternoon I made a couple of batches of Chex Mix. I'll be packing baskets of goodies for C'mas and am trying out different flavors. I forget which we liked & which were only so-so. :rolleyes:

For dinner we are going to have steaks on the grill (it was really warm here again today) & I marinated them with the Boma's Flank Steak Marinade. We've had that a number of times before & it's always wonderful! :D We're having Rice Pilaf with it - because I'm lazy & don't feel like making FuFu - and salads, I guess.

So what are you looking to make???

Deb

and bisquits.......stuff was goooooooooooooooooood.....honest
Your steak sound good piratesmate

Hi Redmic,
Grab a cup of coffee or hot cocoa and enjoy some of the great recipes, food and SB chat here. No food fights have broken out in a long time. ;)

Margie J - I never thought about that . . . a virtual food fight! Cool beans! LOL :D :D

I'll fire the first round . . . a spoon of baked beans. (Can we do this without actually aiming at people??)

d

A BIG spoon of baked beans! :D

ah Piratesmate if those baked beans have brown sugar in'em throw them at me... I'll stand here with my mouth WIDE OPEN...;)
I suggest you duck tho as I chuck my left over scallopped corn ... FOOD FIGHT!!!

OK, I have some tortalini and sauce, and a piece of blueberry pie left over from Thanksgiving on it's way.

This is not going to be a pretty site.

room you want to remodel.........and also my seafood chowder was ........good.....non left......

Cool! I'll play, but I play dirty.......here it comes...........

The navy blue furry thing from the back of the left shelf in my refrigerator!

HAH! SO THERE! ( Threw it north and slightly west but I have bad aim. Whoever got hit, 'fess up! )

one that can cultivate penicillan too.........I had a tomato that was so different looking.........my husband applauded me on that one......no one he said could grow mold on something as acidic as a tomato........but MOI did it.........

My baked beans ALWAYS have brown sugar, MamaJoan! But between the ketchup, BBQ sauce, A-1 sauce & Worcestershire sauce, it stains pretty good. I hope you're not wearing white!!! :D :D

Hey, MsSocks! I saw something blue fly over, but you missed me! Nanny-nanny-foo-foo! :jester:

Pumba, I was hoping some of your seafood chowder would make it to me! Mmmm

:jester: :jester: Here's a brand new can of whipped cream . . . all shaken up & ready to go! SPLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

Yes I've found this board very pleasant even in the midst of a food fight.

:eek: :earseek:

boymeetsworldpie31.jpg

Cooks gone mad!

Hey! I got hit!

So.......rolls covered in peanut butter and fluff coming...........SOUTH!

Duck!

ROFL :D :D :D

And a big bowl of chocolate cake batter goes over the starboard bow . . .

d

PS Great picture!

This is sooooo much fun, and no one has to clean up the mess.

I have just shaken and pulled the top of a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew to wash off the runny bowl of cole slaw that preceded it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter