This Is So Frickin Frustrating!

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
It’s been like this for over 2 YEARS. You bought resale and you want to borrow points to secure that room that you’ve been stalking for months? TOO BAD! You need to call member services and hold for 1 hour so that the agent can tell you “so sorry it’s been taken already”. Frejdjdnfnrrhehdhfn!!

So sorry - crazy frustrating! The (potentially dangerous) workaround I've heard some people mention (I think?) is to book a room using borrowed points with the amount of points you need in advance so when you cancel it they go into holding and are available for you when you need them. But um... dangerous if the room isn't available after all that stalking and well... *why can't they just fix the dang website!?!!?*. Also those rapscallion dwarves... I just can't any more.

Someone needs to start a lawsuit - this is not equal opportunity access to the product for which we all pay dues. Beyond the realm of poor customer service now and they obviously have no intention of fixing it - nefarious or incompetent, result is the same.

Similar frustration yesterday and today trying to modify at the 7 month window over the phone for August You shouldn't have to risk "losing" your complete reservation to make a change for 2 nights of 5 total in the resy. They are being clear about the gamble, but there needs to be a way to have a 15 minute hold on the members reservation to make a change only having the nights you modifty/cancel return to the availability of all members. I've given up and now will simply stay at OKW for the full 5. I know, not the end of the world, but I wanted to try new places this trip! #sevenmonthwindowdoesntexist

Similar frustration yesterday and today trying to modify at the 7 month window over the phone for August You shouldn't have to risk "losing" your complete reservation to make a change for 2 nights of 5 total in the resy. They are being clear about the gamble, but there needs to be a way to have a 15 minute hold on the members reservation to make a change only having the nights you modifty/cancel return to the availability of all members. I've given up and now will simply stay at OKW for the full 5. I know, not the end of the world, but I wanted to try new places this trip! #sevenmonthwindowdoesntexist

The system is not set up to do a partial modification of a reservation. It isn't even always possible for the CM to do that on the phone...it has been that way as long as I have been a member.

One thing many of us do if we think we want to split stay is book that way from the start...two different stays and then at 7 months, modify half (or how many nights we want). If we don't get it, then we just have MS merge them into one.

I have lost days when even trying this via call when a CM told me there was only 1 room left of what I wanted, and no rooms left at what I had. A few times I gambled and got it...a few times, I lost both and ended up having to waitlist, or book a different resort for those nights.

I wonder what percent of resale owners this effects?

And also what percent of direct owners encounter this problem?

Just click back and then click book again. Works every time. It's not a grand conspiracy against resale buyers, it's just a glitchy website. I just borrowed resale points to book Animal Kingdom yesterday, then modified to add a night this morning, borrowing more points.

Just click back and then click book again. Works every time. It's not a grand conspiracy against resale buyers, it's just a glitchy website. I just borrowed resale points to book Animal Kingdom yesterday, then modified to add a night this morning, borrowing more points.
Thanks for the tip, @CaptainAmerica ! Shouldn't need to do that but appreciate knowing the workaround!

This has happened to me and unfortunately it wouldn't work even if I went back. I was able to borrow and complete the booking over chat which I think is a new feature, but they should definitely keep it around!
The chat feature is better than nothing.. but it feels like it's just a half-assed solution that wouldn't be necessary if they could just fix their broken website.

What if you knew you were going to need the points if you booked fewer days without borrowing and then call member services to modify the reservation and borrow the points you need at the same time.

What if you knew you were going to need the points if you booked fewer days without borrowing and then call member services to modify the reservation and borrow the points you need at the same time.
You would still risk losing the later dates while on hold......

The solution should have been after it couldn’t be fixed timely that they let people who think they may want to borrow, call ahead of time to borrow and if what they want doesn’t happen, call or email and have them returned.

Or, eliminated all online borrowing so it’s an equal playing field,.,of course, the phone lines would have been insane.

DVC and Disney vacations in general are starting to feel like too much work. Website problems with booking DVC rooms, linking correctly to MDE, dining reservation not working at 60 days, park reservations… I haven’t even had the pleasure of genie+ yet…..then add in all the special perks taken away like magical express, fast pass, staying on-site advanced dining window etc etc with prices skyrocketing. I know it’s the same old song a lot of Disney fans have been singing lately and I have the power to just stop going if I don’t like it. After this next trip I might be visiting less frequently. When people ask why I keep going back to Disney World over and over I used to tell them that Disney was expensive but worth the cost because of the special experiences a Disney vacation gave you (being in the Disney bubble and all the wonderful perks that came with it)… Now I’m honestly not sure why I keep going back… Memories? Tradition? Addiction to the feelings attached with Disney? Sorry I’m just in the middle of planning a very large family involved Disney trip and needed to vent. Btw… I’m planning UO for first time and it’s been hassle free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter