"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Hi... Remember me? No? I'm Mel, and I used to be a very active member of this community. Then I got pregnant with my second child, and...

Okay, long story short, and because I have always been very honest with you guys: I got hit with depression. A lot of people are familiar with post-partum depression (baby-blues), but not so much with depression DURING pregnancy. How did I realize I was depressed? When I did not even want to talk about or read about Disney anymore. (That, and going to bed about 3 hours earlier than usual...). I'm much better now, with the help of meds and also my hormones not being out of whack anymore, but by the time I felt better I was so behind on everyone's TRs and my own that I was too overwhelmed to come back. I did a lame attempt a year ago, but that was actually during the height of my depression so it obviously did not work.

Now, I can't promise that I'm back for good, when I'll post my next real life or Disney update, reply to your posts, or that I'll be able to catch up on all your wonderful Disney trips, but at least I'm trying, right?

I can't wait to tell you all about my wonderful son, my new house(!), how much Peanut has grown, and what I've been up to in general.

Hi again, and thanks Mickeystoontown for kicking my butt (sorta) to come back.

Welcome back!! We are still here! (Well, I am at least. I guess I can't technically speak for everyone!)

Sorry that you had to go through that. I've been lucky enough to not have experienced depression myself so far, but I have many in my life that have battled it at one time or another. Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better though! Can't wait to hear all about all of it!

Hi... Remember me? No? I'm Mel, and I used to be a very active member of this community. Then I got pregnant with my second child, and...

Okay, long story short, and because I have always been very honest with you guys: I got hit with depression. A lot of people are familiar with post-partum depression (baby-blues), but not so much with depression DURING pregnancy. How did I realize I was depressed? When I did not even want to talk about or read about Disney anymore. (That, and going to bed about 3 hours earlier than usual...). I'm much better now, with the help of meds and also my hormones not being out of whack anymore, but by the time I felt better I was so behind on everyone's TRs and my own that I was too overwhelmed to come back. I did a lame attempt a year ago, but that was actually during the height of my depression so it obviously did not work.

Now, I can't promise that I'm back for good, when I'll post my next real life or Disney update, reply to your posts, or that I'll be able to catch up on all your wonderful Disney trips, but at least I'm trying, right?

I can't wait to tell you all about my wonderful son, my new house(!), how much Peanut has grown, and what I've been up to in general.

So glad you are back! I can sympathize on your struggle with depression..I've dealt with it since I was a kid and its not fun. Glad you are getting it under control.

Can't wait for a real life update!

Jill in CO

Mel, I'm soooooo glad to have you back! If it took a little Facebook nudge to get you back, then I'm glad that I did it. As I said on Facebook, I had been thinking of all of your ladies lately and you were all mind.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered depression when you were carrying that sweet baby boy of your's. Depression is something that John has had to deal with after his injury so I kind of know what you were dealing with. I am thankful that there are medications out there to help you!

We will all be here when you get the time to post an update. If it were me, I'd skip posting replies and just pick up where you left off but not before showing off those cute little kids of your's.

Hi Mel. So sorry you had to go through all that. My DH, Jim has a lot of panic issues and meds have helped him tremendously so I'm glad you found relief also.

We will be here when or if you decide to post again. :hug:

I was so glad to see that you posted! Congratulations on your little guy, and I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Welcome back, you were missed!

Hi Mel, I'm so glad to see you back here! I'm sorry you have been dealing with depression, but I know from Facebook how adorable both of your kids are! And as everyone else has said, don't feel pressured to do anything, post what and when you want! :goodvibes

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone!

Somebody sent me a friends request on Facebook yesterday, but I've been away from the Dis for so long, I don't know who it is? Whoever it is, can you send me a PM with your name please? ETA. Nevermind, I figured it out. :goodvibes

Ok, so first Mini Update: We bought a house!

We really thought we'd be living in an apartment all our life, but something in the back of my mind was nagging me, like what I had planned to do with my mom's inheritance was not the right thing. In less than 2 weeks of looking we found a house and about a week before I gave birth our offer got accepted! We didn't move in until the end of June, which was perfect for us. It's a great size for us, has a lovely yard, and room for my in-laws to live with us downstairs (yes, I live with my in-laws and am happy about it. I'm a lucky DIL. :) ). We now live in the same city as several of Ron's family and friends, which is awesome for get togethers. Peanut miraculously got a spot at the daycare at the CORNER OF OUR STREET!!!!! It usually has a several years waiting list, we got so lucky. Seriously, everything about this house has fallen into place perfectly. It was meant to be, I have no doubt about that.

Here is our lovely backyard:
024_zps05668e65.jpg

Here are some pictures of the kids' bedroom, which I've Disneyfied with Finding Nemo and Frozen:
039_zps12db9933.jpg

043_zps4a20a17a.jpg

036_zps7939e1dd.jpg

083_zpsb86e26ae.jpg

And finally, I'm leaving you with possibly my all-time favorite picture of Peanut:
10656686_10202430030026181_908729947_n_zps93dfff09.jpg

Congrats on the new house! Isn't it amazing how somethings are just meant to be?

Peanut is adorable!

Jill in CO

It truly does sound like the house and daycare was meant for you guys! I love how you Disney'fied the kids' rooms. So cute! The picture of Peanut is adorable!

Congratulations on the house purchase! I love the backyard and the kids room is so cute. And Peanut looks adorable as always. :goodvibes

Welcome back! Not that I was an active poster on this TR to begin with, but I was having fun reading, and did wonder how you were doing. I'm glad to see you post again.

The house looks lovely - I think there was some heavenly pixie dust making everything fall into place, and I can see why that picture of Peanut is one of your favourites. Such a happy image!

Look how much Peanut has grown! It's great to see you're doing okay and have been so blessed with the new home and everything.

Oops, I disappeared again. It's so hard to catch up! Anyway, here is the update you've all been waiting for:

Peanut's little brother is here!

Let's call him Simba. His middle name is Elias, after our dear "friend" Walt Disney. ;) He was born on February 20th, 3 days before his due date, and weighed 6lbs 4oz.

01-Kai-atthehospital4_zpsdcd5855b.jpg

From the moment he was born, he was so "chill". There is no better term to describe him: not much bothers him, he is calm, does his own thing, but will give you the warmest smile as soon as you look at him.

Kai_Hufana_Photoshoot84of183_zpsf2b10c8e.jpg

Kai_Hufana_Photoshoot160of183_zpsbea2edd0.jpg

Kai_Hufana_Photoshoot127of183_zpsce710924.jpg

Kai_Hufana_Photoshoot135of183_zps39a20126.jpg

0074_zpsf9daca9b.jpg

0113_zps037200cb.jpg

Don't forget to feed him though. That boy loves to EAT!

065_zps0493824e.jpg

0053_zps249b0417.jpg

As calm as mellow as he is though, he is also quite active. He learned to crawl a month before he learned to sit, and has been standing unassisted for about a month now.

022_zpsf3f31b6a.jpg

0382_zps2b2a2a12.jpg

I can't believe he is going to be 10 months in a couple of days!

0142_zpsb3c847f4.jpg

Otaku loves him very much. She has been a great help, as she had been when Peanut was born.

0052_zps8a94d866.jpg

042_zps1669664b.jpg

Peanut has been a great big sister. She rarely ever shows any signs of jealousy, and loves to help us take care of Simba, hug him, play with him.

180_zps00138c9c.jpg

0242_zpsb20db4be.jpg

She has grown so much. She has such a big character, but also a big heart. She speaks very well in French, and is doing better and better in English. She loves to jump and be active, as well as to read and do puzzles.

523_zpsee25400e.jpg

058_zps519d1c40.jpg

085_zps412f7468.jpg

116_zps7955179b.jpg

For Halloween Peanut was dressed as Boo from Monsters Inc, and Simba was Mike Wazowsky. Then in the evening Peanut was a ladybug and I was a butterfly.

0282_zps90fc8fee.jpg

0472_zpsddecbbe8.jpg

I leave you with our Santa picture, and a funny one:

204_zps20a8c5a0.jpg

Disneybabymeme_zps93bfd046.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter