They want to "bend over backwards." What should I ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed there for 9 nights. I assumed they would change the sheets at least once. I did call house keeping it took 2 calls 2 hours apart to get a clean bedspread.
I also tipped the maid everyday but that didnt seem to help.
All I expect is a clean room. I do expect something as I said we spent alot of money for that room it should of been clean. We love disney and have made several trips and I am in the planning stages of another trip there this summer. The lodge itself is beautiful and I had high hopes. I have read complaints over the years about all of the resorts at one time or another. I just expect high standards from disney as a trip there is high priced.
Thanks I will let you know what the outcome is.

It makes me sad to think how much this cost you and to have never even had clean sheets. Please write a letter directly to the manager at the address that was on your confirmation letter. I know they would want to get to the bottom of this. It sounds like you had two bad situatiuons here, one with poor housekeeping and another with lack of response to your problem by the front desk. Both need to be addressed so that others do not encounter this as well. I have found the management to be responsive to problems. They seem to care about their reputation. it is possible that the nasty front desk person never relayed your message to the higher ups at all. Your record will show who checked you in.........Please follow up on this for everyone's sake. We all work too hard to earn and save for a trip like this than to have less than Disney cleanliness and attitude. Even at a Value resort you deserve clean bedding. Good luck to you.

I hate it when people complain about the stupidest things, or over react to things like allergies or smoke, but from reading the original post, It didn't sound like anyone over reacted at all, just bringing it to the CM's attention which I would have done myself. I do find it hard to believe that Disney would "bend over backwards" from such a minor detail being overlooked, but I'm glad you were able to get something out of it.

I would ask to be ugraded to a Jr. Suite (maybe conciege) or maybe even the new Villas. Also, I would ask about maybe a complimentary Illumination Cruise or a special tour that is hard to get. Good luck

I think you should take advantage of their kindness.

I would ask for a room with a MK view at the GF at WL prices. I would say you have always dreamed of your child coming into the room and finding a Mickey and a balloon.

Something like that.

I also would ignore the UGLY responses you are getting from some people. I don't get it. Your room should have been vacuumed, and I think the sliding glass door should be locked as policy. Frankly, your very friendly complain could save them a nasty lawsuit, over a kid getting the peanuts or falling from an unlocks door.

I do always check the doors though. I am terrified of that. I once left an Embassy Suites because there was no way to childproof the door to the balcony. The risk management of these hotels should thank you. I think they are.

Since no one can seem to respond to this thread without comments about how other posters have responded - and the OP has gotten the answer to the original question - in fact they have already called and made thier request...

This is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter