They are here! (Summer 2025 I mean)

2023 took my oldest granddaughter and niece on a 3 night Wish sailing Nassau/Castaway, ages 10/13. First cruise for everyone, myself included, and decided 3 night, since we didn't know if we would like it or have seasickness issues. Splurged on consierge to offset our newbieness. Did Atlantis swim with the Dolphins, didn't get a cabana, but it worked out fine on Castaway cay. We loved the lounge for bfast, avoiding the chaos and trying to find seats for buffet, enjoyed getting in early for show and the snacks in the lounge and the hosts. I feel I got my money's worth

Well we had a great time, and I promised my other 2 grandkids that summer 2025, I'd take them. So it would be me, my granddaughter that went before, and the 2 younger ones. Summer 2025, they will be 8, 10, and 12. Looking at late July, early August - has to be that date range.

So the new schedule is out, and I'm checking out the itineraries. We enjoyed the Wish, so I thought we'll, we can do the Treasure. See some different shows, but similar lounge set up.

But I looked and, wow the Treasure for the 7 night Eastern Caribbean for 4 people consierge is $22,000! Now I was expecting more than my 3 nights, 3 people Wish trip - but that is NOT in my budget!
I'm not real excited to go back to Nassau, but 4 night Wish is possible, or a similar itinerary on the Dream but Lookout Point instead of Castaway. Also saw a 4 night Magic that was just Lookout Point and Castaway Cay.

I know the Magic is 25 years old- would we be disappointed in a smaller ship when our first experience was the Wish? Maybe the Dream would be better, even if going to Nassau My granddaughter that went last time was looking forward to a longer cruise where she could check out the kids club and hero zone- we were off the ship more than on last time, looking forward to a sea day to explore ship more.

It looks like 4, maayybee 5 day would work budget wise. We are from Texas, I'm disappointed that DCL doesn't cruise from Galveston in the summer time.

Back to the Wish? Or try out Magic or Dream?
How do the kids feel about equity? Sometimes taking groups of them works better if they get the “same/similar.” Of course, different kids, different interests, too.

If you are interested in Concierge again, be aware that it is not the same experience on the Magic. There is no one dedicated/ concentrated area of cabins. They are converting cabins each year, it seems, adding the number of Concierge guests, but I don’t know of an enlargement to the Lounge.

The Dream is offering a 5-night Nassau, Castaway Cay, and the new development at Lighthouse Point. A dedicated Sea Day and the time in Nassau which can be like a Sea Day (the ship will not be empty).

IMG_7175.jpeg

Fort Lauderdale is an easy, smaller, airport and very close to the cruise port. Probably an easier transportation situation than Port Canaveral, in terms of time.

The Dream Concierge Lounge is probably not as large as that of The Wish, but also does not have as many cabins associated. And the cabins are all located in the area near the Lounge.

I really need to decide which Alaska cruise to take so thanks so much for all the informative posts on here.

I kinda want to splurge on the 9 night one but as we were travelling internationally I wanted days in Vancouver before and we want to go to Seattle after. Need to check our vacation days and decide if Sitka is more important then Seattle to us - we could still do Seattle after but would be trying to fit things into 3 nights/2 full days, same with Vancouver.
Sitka is a town for history and nature. Our plan is to visit the sites associated with the Russian development in the area and then the National Historic Park (think trees, nature). It could be a more chill day, without all the thrill and adrenaline activities.

I would typically say do a city pre-cruise (helps as a buffer for time change and travel issues).

For Americans, the flights to Vancouver are more expensive than Seattle, making it an ideal visit. Or even just a place to catch a northbound train to Vancouver (they run daily, but typically only morning and evening).

Depending on what you want to see in Seattle, it can be an easy short visit. The main tourist spots of the Space Needle, the Chihuly Glass Museum, the Museum of Modern Culture, and Pike Place Market are very close together. No transportation needed if you are mobile. There are plenty of hotels in this area; they also serve the Convention Center. The views across the Puget Sound of the Olympic Peninsula and Mountains are lovely. (They have a lightrail through town and to the Seattle airport. Buses in town.)

If you want to visit anywhere else in this area, you would probably need a car.

Vancouver has the Skytrain from the airport and out to some of the suburbs. I read there was transportation to the Capilano suspension bridge in North Vancouver (across the bay). Granville Island, Gastown.

Sorry if I am repeating any research you have done.

Both of these cities can be highlighted in a 1-3 day trip if not exploring surrounding areas (and without a car). They both have the North American limitation of longer distances that are not serviced by mass transit.

What about doing a non concierge room? Then you'd be able to afford a longer cruise. We have never done concierge and loved all our Disney cruises.

I generally avoid the buffets and if we have time we'll do 1-2 sit down breakfasts and lunches/cruise in the main dining room that is open for it (usually the one by the atrium, or I'll get food by the pool bar area, room service cold breakfast on early port days, or free pastries (only on the original 4 ships) from Cove Cafe/Vista Cafe.
Thanks, non consierge is def an option - generally I try to keep it "equal" between the grands, so since I did it last time... But I'm not really sure they would care. The double dip with Castaway/Lighthouse point would be a hit with the two kids that haven't cruised before though, one especially would never leave any beach if she could!

Sitka is a town for history and nature. Our plan is to visit the sites associated with the Russian development in the area and then the National Historic Park (think trees, nature). It could be a more chill day, without all the thrill and adrenaline activities.

I would typically say do a city pre-cruise (helps as a buffer for time change and travel issues).

For Americans, the flights to Vancouver are more expensive than Seattle, making it an ideal visit. Or even just a place to catch a northbound train to Vancouver (they run daily, but typically only morning and evening).

Depending on what you want to see in Seattle, it can be an easy short visit. The main tourist spots of the Space Needle, the Chihuly Glass Museum, the Museum of Modern Culture, and Pike Place Market are very close together. No transportation needed if you are mobile. There are plenty of hotels in this area; they also serve the Convention Center. The views across the Puget Sound of the Olympic Peninsula and Mountains are lovely. (They have a lightrail through town and to the Seattle airport. Buses in town.)

If you want to visit anywhere else in this area, you would probably need a car.

Vancouver has the Skytrain from the airport and out to some of the suburbs. I read there was transportation to the Capilano suspension bridge in North Vancouver (across the bay). Granville Island, Gastown.

Sorry if I am repeating any research you have done.

Both of these cities can be highlighted in a 1-3 day trip if not exploring surrounding areas (and without a car). They both have the North American limitation of longer distances that are not serviced by mass transit.

Thanks so much for such an informative post. We haven’t been to Portland/Oregon/any of the Pacific Northwest before so I’m really leaning towards concentrate on Vancouver/9 night cruise and leaving Seattle/Portland/Oregon for another 2 week road trip sometime.

2023 took my oldest granddaughter and niece on a 3 night Wish sailing Nassau/Castaway, ages 10/13. First cruise for everyone, myself included, and decided 3 night, since we didn't know if we would like it or have seasickness issues. Splurged on consierge to offset our newbieness. Did Atlantis swim with the Dolphins, didn't get a cabana, but it worked out fine on Castaway cay. We loved the lounge for bfast, avoiding the chaos and trying to find seats for buffet, enjoyed getting in early for show and the snacks in the lounge and the hosts. I feel I got my money's worth

Well we had a great time, and I promised my other 2 grandkids that summer 2025, I'd take them. So it would be me, my granddaughter that went before, and the 2 younger ones. Summer 2025, they will be 8, 10, and 12. Looking at late July, early August - has to be that date range.

So the new schedule is out, and I'm checking out the itineraries. We enjoyed the Wish, so I thought we'll, we can do the Treasure. See some different shows, but similar lounge set up.

But I looked and, wow the Treasure for the 7 night Eastern Caribbean for 4 people consierge is $22,000! Now I was expecting more than my 3 nights, 3 people Wish trip - but that is NOT in my budget!
I'm not real excited to go back to Nassau, but 4 night Wish is possible, or a similar itinerary on the Dream but Lookout Point instead of Castaway. Also saw a 4 night Magic that was just Lookout Point and Castaway Cay.

I know the Magic is 25 years old- would we be disappointed in a smaller ship when our first experience was the Wish? Maybe the Dream would be better, even if going to Nassau My granddaughter that went last time was looking forward to a longer cruise where she could check out the kids club and hero zone- we were off the ship more than on last time, looking forward to a sea day to explore ship more.

It looks like 4, maayybee 5 day would work budget wise. We are from Texas, I'm disappointed that DCL doesn't cruise from Galveston in the summer time.

Back to the Wish? Or try out Magic or Dream?
Maybe not sail concierge?

I'm pretty disappointed in the Summer 2025 itineraries. We did Alaska last year and are doing an Eastern Caribbean this summer on the Fantasy. We were hoping they would offer a European Northern Fjords or Southern Caribbean options but there are none that would fit our time frame (DS starts back to school in early August).

Still might consider Europe though (especially if we love the Fantasy this year). Any recommendations on itineraries in the June-July time frame?

Also is it generally cheaper to book on opening day or wait until I have a placeholder after we sail this summer?

I'm pretty disappointed in the Summer 2025 itineraries. We did Alaska last year and are doing an Eastern Caribbean this summer on the Fantasy. We were hoping they would offer a European Northern Fjords or Southern Caribbean options but there are none that would fit our time frame (DS starts back to school in early August).

Still might consider Europe though (especially if we love the Fantasy this year). Any recommendations on itineraries in the June-July time frame?

Also is it generally cheaper to book on opening day or wait until I have a placeholder after we sail this summer?
Ha, it seems we’re on the same DCL plans 😂 same Alaska sailing last summer, Caribbean this summer, and we’re planning to do the June 14-21 Med/Greek Isles cruise in 2025.

Book on opening day. Once you have the placeholder see if you can rebook with it for cheaper. If not, keep the placeholder for booking summer 26 on opening day or cancel it and get your 250$ back.

We’re looking at the 9-night med. The addition of turkey as a port appeals to us and it is much less expensive than the 12 night.

We’re looking at the 9-night med. The addition of turkey as a port appeals to us and it is much less expensive than the 12 night.
The price of the 12 night is killing me - we want to go in 2026 - I guess the 9 night it will be.

Thanks so much for such an informative post. We haven’t been to Portland/Oregon/any of the Pacific Northwest before so I’m really leaning towards concentrate on Vancouver/9 night cruise and leaving Seattle/Portland/Oregon for another 2 week road trip sometime.
Or even longer... ;)

https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/7-wonders/

I've lived here my whole life and just did Smith Rock & the painted hills a couple years ago. Still need to go see the Wallowas - I've only driven through on the way to Yellowstone - and the Alvord desert which didn't make the cut for a Wonder but still a sight to behold I hear. Oregon has a lot packed into it!

We thought about pushing out our May Eastern to July as I have a "free" week off for the 4th but looks like its a Western this year. Makes it easy to stick with my plan...

With Mt Rainier, Olympic Peninsula, Columbia River Gorge, the Oregon coastline (no development!), views of various volcanoes, and Crater Lake - two weeks would be a great car trip.

We started our Alaska cruising habit with Disney out of Vancouver (there were no options for itinerary, then, just the standard 7-night, Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway + glacier day schedule).

Will there be updates on pricing and/or availability here anytime before Fri.?
As the returning cruisers etc. book the cruises, if the price goes up, you'll see that reflected in the general "category" prices that show up on the website. If you want to know price for a specific # of guests on a specific cruise in a certain room category, you can ask and one of the folks on this board can look it up for you, but may make sense to wait until later in the week since prices can go up between now and Friday.

As the returning cruisers etc. book the cruises, if the price goes up, you'll see that reflected in the general "category" prices that show up on the website. If you want to know price for a specific # of guests on a specific cruise in a certain room category, you can ask and one of the folks on this board can look it up for you, but may make sense to wait until later in the week since prices can go up between now and Friday.
Ah, okay. Thanks! :)

That being said, if I book something I will probably be boring and just pick a Treasure cruise in hurricane season. Use the potential for a hurricane to spice things up instead of the ports.

This is what I proposed, because the prices are significantly cheaper and not much more than what we paid for a 4 night during our spring break. All my husband wants is for me to insure the heck out of the trip.

Can somebody (Pearl?) check the price for 2 adults on the 9 night alaska in 2025 for categorie 7a and 6a?

Would someone be willing to check the 12-night Mediterranean for me, leaving on 6/30 from Civitavecchia/Rome? Two adults, one kid (10), 4A. No OBB/transfers. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter