These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

At first I was so excited to see the shout out in your Narcoossee's review. Then I realized I inspired you to pick a mediocre dish - uh oh. :laughing: Sorry about that! I have to say, your dish doesn't look great - it looks like cheesy ravioli with some watery tomato broth. :confused3

I still love their ravioli dish from last summer (the ravioli even made it into my highlights post!). The mushrooms, the squash, the honeyed brown butter-white balsamic vinaigrette - the flavors were awesome. It seems like they took a step back when they changed the dish up (much like The Wave's summer salad, which really impressed me last year but was underwhelming in July).

Narcoossee's isn't on our list for August. After looking at the current menu (prices have gone crazy!) and reading your review, I don't miss it.

Hi Gin! Your daughter may just dance with the beast. I think she'll love it. I'm excited to return next month too. What day are you there? We are dining there on the 26th.

Oh, I think passing up a cupcake for a special birthday cake is so much better!!

We will be eating at BOG on the 20th, she is so excited.... your guys charater pictures are so cute and your pictures with Bo always make me laugh, they remind me of my DD who always wants her picture taken with the Old Navy mannequins in front of the store, I do not give in to the strange request but of course grandma always does :lmao:

Yes, the Pictures Shootin' Corral is not my favorite queue for a character meet. It's very cramped and there's no way you can take pictures with the props without stepping on someone's feet as I learned during our last trip.

And you're right. What is with Buzz's half hearted pose? Maybe the way his costume is built, he really can't lift his arm up that high above his shoulders without ripping a new one. I just googled Buzz character meet and can't find a single picture with his arm raised above his shoulders. Yeah, I know. Too much time on my hands. :rotfl: Hospital service has been surprisingly slow this past week so I've got a lot more time between rounds. :rolleyes1

Hmmm, I'm starting to get the feeling that Em is really not all that into character meet and greets, and she's just humoring her mom :rolleyes1 That's still very nice of her.

Nooooo, your TR is coming to an end :(

I demand you go on another trip ASAP ..... Oh wait you are about to aren't you? ;)

I hope it's not so cold in December!

I don't think I've commented on your TR at all.. But I've been lurking the whole time! I've really been enjoying your days and the fun way you write!

Sad to see this trip coming to end but I'm hoping to see another TR from you soon!

Love the photo with Pooh and Tigger. I just love those guys!
And as a vegetarian, I have to say I would have been really disappointed with the look of your entree. Boo Narcoosees.

Good on the character handler for stepping in to restore order. Another example of Universal AIN'T Disney.

Haha, too funny that you had a rules photo. Well done!

Holy that is indeed a weak pose by Buzz. Weak I say!

Bo told me he's excited you're returning soon. Just FYI.

Sorry your last meal (wow that sounds harsh :laughing:) wasn't so great.

"Our last photo of the castle light up at night. " Is there a sadder thing in the world? I think not.

But, since you'll be back soon, I feel a little less sad. ;)

See? I take photos of everything... I can even document what the inside of a ladies washroom looks like. Oh, wait, so can you! :lmao:

You know it's gonna be a good day when one trip report tells an inside joke based on someone else's trip report! AND when you know what the inside joke is referring to! I did a GOOD job randomly picking my trip reports!!!

That ravioli didn't look very good to me either. It's disappointing when you spend hard earned cash on a on just a so-so meal.

I'll never understand why some parents refuse to discipline their children. I'm glad the cast members intervened on your behalf.

I've said it before, but Emily is such a pretty girl!

ME Tag..... BOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok so I am really confused as to why the princesses needed to be bundled up... Last I checked there was no outdoor seating there.... Was the AC cranked.... Oh wait it's Florida they don't have the same type of relationship as I do with the oil man... ;)

I love how you guys got a previews of the Flower & Garden festival. I really would like to head down for that, sometime in New England our spring break is a decent (in april not near easter) time to go. One day I suppose.... I love Bruce!! Isn't WDW where we can all be kids anyway, go ahead and just say cheese! I have a few cute pictures from that area.

I may have drooled a little at your bakery pictures.... I'm a big fan of the eclairs and mousse.... However, unlike you I really enjoy chocolate :)

I have to say I can't blame you for skipping TSM.... Especially since you have it in DL. I enjoy all your character poses (and you had quite a few that day!) - so fun! I also get so annoyed when people don't discipline their kids. Don't get me wrong, my kids don't always listen and can be a handful but I would be so apologetic and try and round up my kiddos ASAP.

What a bummer that your final WDW dinner was less than stellar. That's just disappointing. Didn't they know you were already upset enough over the ME tags?! Good thing you will be heading back soon ;)

Oops! I got behind by a post.
Aww man, that envelop on the door is never a fun thing to wake up to.
38 degrees? Wow, that's cold! Way too cold for Disney World!
What a beautiful sight, an empty Epcot in the morning!
Looks like a wonderful breakfast at Akershus, but seriously, two waffles?? That's not enough for anybody!
We ate at Marrakesh for dinner once, we loved it, an unexpected favourite of our trip too! (I think we had the same two dishes!)
Adorable pics with Pooh and Tigger, and I really love the Incredibles pic! I really want to meet Mr. Incredible! Buzz & Woody's Picture Shootin' Corral is adorable, I've never seen the place before! Gotta love when parents just let their kids but right in front of a line :crazy2: glad the CM was willing to try to control them at least!
Hmmm, I hate to say it but your meal at Narcoosee's doesn't look all that appealing, especially for $32. We've looked into that restaurant many times, and we never see anything on the menu that makes us want to go. Some day I'll try a fancy restaurant in WDW!
Glad you had a cupcake to ease the pain of packing to go home. :upsidedow

Hi Wendy. So funny that you pointed out that for WDW 38 is cold but I'm sure you are still in a sweatshirt for those temps! ;)

I agree, only 1 waffle each - who does that? Not me!

I love those surprise finds for dining... I'm glad Em wanted to try it because I'm not sure I would have on my own.

The Buzz and Woody photo place is directly across from TSM. I'd never paid attention but then I saw someone's photos and I had to check it out. I'm a Buzz fan!

As much as I've heard good and mediocre things about Narcoosees I missed trying the one thing that may have been fabulous and that's the almond crusted cheesecake. :upsidedow

Awesome update! :)

Thanks Wiii!

At first I was so excited to see the shout out in your Narcoossee's review. Then I realized I inspired you to pick a mediocre dish - uh oh. :laughing: Sorry about that! I have to say, your dish doesn't look great - it looks like cheesy ravioli with some watery tomato broth. :confused3

I still love their ravioli dish from last summer (the ravioli even made it into my highlights post!). The mushrooms, the squash, the honeyed brown butter-white balsamic vinaigrette - the flavors were awesome. It seems like they took a step back when they changed the dish up (much like The Wave's summer salad, which really impressed me last year but was underwhelming in July).

Narcoossee's isn't on our list for August. After looking at the current menu (prices have gone crazy!) and reading your review, I don't miss it.

Mr. DDW! I remembered your Narcoosees ravioli before you included it in your dining hall of fame! It was so gorgeous and it looked fresh and delish. Mine wasn't horrible but it was not at all worthy of a Signature dining experience in my opinion.

Oh man! The Wave is a place the Em wants to try for lunch this trip. We didn't book an ADR but I think a walk up should be ok. We'll see....

You have me wondering where you will actually eat in a couple weeks. Don't make me check the live dining thread every day! :rotfl2: I think I know one or two places. ;)

Hi Gin! Your daughter may just dance with the beast. I think she'll love it. I'm excited to return next month too. What day are you there? We are dining there on the 26th.

Oh, I think passing up a cupcake for a special birthday cake is so much better!!

We will be eating at BOG on the 20th, she is so excited.... your guys charater pictures are so cute and your pictures with Bo always make me laugh, they remind me of my DD who always wants her picture taken with the Old Navy mannequins in front of the store, I do not give in to the strange request but of course grandma always does :lmao:

Aww thanks Gin! That's funny about the Old Navy characters :)

Yes, the Pictures Shootin' Corral is not my favorite queue for a character meet. It's very cramped and there's no way you can take pictures with the props without stepping on someone's feet as I learned during our last trip.

And you're right. What is with Buzz's half hearted pose? Maybe the way his costume is built, he really can't lift his arm up that high above his shoulders without ripping a new one. I just googled Buzz character meet and can't find a single picture with his arm raised above his shoulders. Yeah, I know. Too much time on my hands. :rotfl: Hospital service has been surprisingly slow this past week so I've got a lot more time between rounds. :rolleyes1

Hmmm, I'm starting to get the feeling that Em is really not all that into character meet and greets, and she's just humoring her mom :rolleyes1 That's still very nice of her.

You got that Dave! The queue is so cramped and if you want a photo with one of the props you have to stand back 3 groups of people.

Aha! Thanks for researching Buzz's range of motion!! Maybe he needs a rotator cuff repair to fix his problem. :lmao: Glad that you helped with that one. You'll hear no more complaints from me.

Well.... I will say that I prefer character photos FAR more than Em. The kid has her limits I suppose.

Nooooo, your TR is coming to an end :(

I demand you go on another trip ASAP ..... Oh wait you are about to aren't you? ;)

I hope it's not so cold in December!

Oh wait... YES..... And December with a wonderful bunch of Disers!! Life is good! :goodvibes

I don't think I've commented on your TR at all.. But I've been lurking the whole time! I've really been enjoying your days and the fun way you write!

Sad to see this trip coming to end but I'm hoping to see another TR from you soon!

Hi Miss Potts!! I'm thrilled to see you here and commenting! Thank you!

You are so kind. I think I'll be doing another TR - we'll see if there is anything to tell. :upsidedow

Love the photo with Pooh and Tigger. I just love those guys!
And as a vegetarian, I have to say I would have been really disappointed with the look of your entree. Boo Narcoosees.

Hi Alysa! Such classic characters and soooo adorable.

Ha! Maybe someone in the kitchen just didn't do their job up to par that night. :confused3 It wasn't inedible it just didn't look appetizing. But looks really set the stage so yeah... a bit disappointing.

Good on the character handler for stepping in to restore order. Another example of Universal AIN'T Disney.

Haha, too funny that you had a rules photo. Well done!

Holy that is indeed a weak pose by Buzz. Weak I say!

Bo told me he's excited you're returning soon. Just FYI.

Sorry your last meal (wow that sounds harsh :laughing:) wasn't so great.

"Our last photo of the castle light up at night. " Is there a sadder thing in the world? I think not.

But, since you'll be back soon, I feel a little less sad. ;)

I'm just glad that I didn't have to say, sorry you didn't see me standing in front of you for the last 40 minutes!! :lmao: Yeah, the kids may have been too young to read the rules but come on parents!! :drive:

See Dave's explanation above. Apparently Buzz needs an arm transplant.

Thanks so much for sharing Bo's regards. I was getting worried since I've seen him hanging with other women. Such a cad!

I'll reserve my sadness for another few weeks from now when I'll have to relive it all over again.... that vicious cycle you know. Plan, travel, enjoy, repeat. :)

You know it's gonna be a good day when one trip report tells an inside joke based on someone else's trip report! AND when you know what the inside joke is referring to! I did a GOOD job randomly picking my trip reports!!!

Oh my gosh!! YOU GET IT!! :lmao: I'm glad it wasn't lost on you and yes, you did an awesome job picking the TRs!! :thumbsup2

Great update! You guys looked great dressed up for dinner!

Thanks! I think we were dressed up under our bundles! ;)

That ravioli didn't look very good to me either. It's disappointing when you spend hard earned cash on a on just a so-so meal.

I'll never understand why some parents refuse to discipline their children. I'm glad the cast members intervened on your behalf.

I've said it before, but Emily is such a pretty girl!

Hi Annie! Honestly, I was glad to try Narcoosees but I don't have to rush back! Em liked her steak though and I don't think I mentioned that before.

Exactly! I know we weren't invisible so I'm glad the CM said something. :) Sure prevented an awkward moment since Buzz and Woody certainly weren't saying anything. :rotfl:

ME Tag..... BOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok so I am really confused as to why the princesses needed to be bundled up... Last I checked there was no outdoor seating there.... Was the AC cranked.... Oh wait it's Florida they don't have the same type of relationship as I do with the oil man... ;)

I love how you guys got a previews of the Flower & Garden festival. I really would like to head down for that, sometime in New England our spring break is a decent (in april not near easter) time to go. One day I suppose.... I love Bruce!! Isn't WDW where we can all be kids anyway, go ahead and just say cheese! I have a few cute pictures from that area.

I may have drooled a little at your bakery pictures.... I'm a big fan of the eclairs and mousse.... However, unlike you I really enjoy chocolate :)

I have to say I can't blame you for skipping TSM.... Especially since you have it in DL. I enjoy all your character poses (and you had quite a few that day!) - so fun! I also get so annoyed when people don't discipline their kids. Don't get me wrong, my kids don't always listen and can be a handful but I would be so apologetic and try and round up my kiddos ASAP.

What a bummer that your final WDW dinner was less than stellar. That's just disappointing. Didn't they know you were already upset enough over the ME tags?! Good thing you will be heading back soon ;)

Hi Sarah! I'm not sure why the gals needed to keep the layers on inside either. :confused3

We may end up at WDW at the same time in Spring some time since I love April and it's my birthday month so what better way to celebrate??

Your little girls are angels!! I'm sure of it. However, I didn't have angels when they were little (my boys at least) but I would never have let them run lose and push ahead of people. In fact, I still make sure they behave in lines which just makes for some funny looks from their wives!!! :rotfl2:

We're finishing this next trip on a strong note since it is a consistent favorite that can't go wrong!! I should insert a test to see if anyone has been paying attention to some of my favorites! :)

Oh No! I don't want your TR to end, but I like the way you ended your trip.

I've only eaten at N's once and it was just OK, so I understand your feeling. I would love to go back because the location is so unique and perfect, but I can't face an underwhelming dinner. Glad Em's dinner and dessert were good.

Packing - boo. Never fun, especially when you are full and tired, but at least you could sneak pics of the gorgeous view.

Hi Sarah! I'm not sure why the gals needed to keep the layers on inside either. :confused3

We may end up at WDW at the same time in Spring some time since I love April and it's my birthday month so what better way to celebrate??

Your little girls are angels!! I'm sure of it. However, I didn't have angels when they were little (my boys at least) but I would never have let them run lose and push ahead of people. In fact, I still make sure they behave in lines which just makes for some funny looks from their wives!!! :rotfl2:

We're finishing this next trip on a strong note since it is a consistent favorite that can't go wrong!! I should insert a test to see if anyone has been paying attention to some of my favorites! :)

You are not alone, on our last trip Zack's mom kept us all in line :) sometimes we get a little too silly together :D

Ooo ooo I think I know!

Oh No! I don't want your TR to end, but I like the way you ended your trip.

I've only eaten at N's once and it was just OK, so I understand your feeling. I would love to go back because the location is so unique and perfect, but I can't face an underwhelming dinner. Glad Em's dinner and dessert were good.

Packing - boo. Never fun, especially when you are full and tired, but at least you could sneak pics of the gorgeous view.

Hi Mary Ellen! I would go back to Narcoosees but it may take a few trips. It would be more appealing if we stayed at the new GFV I'm sure! (Like some people will!;))

As exciting as packing can be, unpacking yeahhhhh... quite the opposite! You get that! :)

You are not alone, on our last trip Zack's mom kept us all in line :) sometimes we get a little too silly together :D

Ooo ooo I think I know!

That's funny!!! Silliness is good.

I should turn this into a little pre-trip game.... we'll see if I have time! :scratchin

So sad that your trip report is coming to a close. Have really enjoyed reading and you have done a fabulous job :thumbsup2

As for Narcoose's I am a vegetarian and can't say that the ravioli looks very appealing - the pasta and veggies looked okay but the sauce :crazy2: (not for me).

Hope you enjoyed your trip! Allowed me to live vicariously through your vacation after ours last year.

Bonus Installment Part 3 - Grand Californian Hotel - July 2013

Friday July 19th Continued....

Last update we had just eaten lunch at Blue Bayou and enjoyed the dark cozy restaurant.

DSCN1139.jpg

We walked around after lunch but didn't really do any rides. We were feeling a little sluggish so we went back to the room to relax but we headed back out a couple hours later - this time over to California Adventure which is right outside the "back door" of the hotel.

Here's some photos of the evening:

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

We stopped in the Anamation building on Hollywood Blvd. I LOVE this place!! Bambi was on the big screens....

DSCN1198.jpg

Back to Hollywood Blvd.:
DSCN1199.jpg

Look familiar?
DSCN1207.jpg

We watched the Disneyland fireworks from DCA:
DSCN1213.jpg

Then headed to Paradise Pier:
DSCN1230.jpg

A view of the Cadillac Range mountains at Carsland
DSCN1231.jpg

DSCN1235.jpg

We hadn't eaten since 2:30 at Blue Bayou and it was now 10pm and we didn't see anything that we were really in the mood to eat so we headed back to the hotel.

We decided to just order Room Service from the late night menu:

DSCN1258.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

Em's burger:
DSCN1266.jpg

My chicken quesadilla with guacamole:
DSCN1270.jpg

About those desserts... I wanted to share something since I didn't need an entire dessert. Once I heard they had peach cobbler on the menu I HAD to try that. Em couldn't be influenced to split it with me so she ordered her own. Lucky for her...Em had the brownie thing and she liked it. I ordered the peach cobbler and it was awful. I only took 1 bite. Both were served with a side of ice-cream.

More to follow...

Next Bonus Content Update

So sad that your trip report is coming to a close. Have really enjoyed reading and you have done a fabulous job :thumbsup2

As for Narcoose's I am a vegetarian and can't say that the ravioli looks very appealing - the pasta and veggies looked okay but the sauce :crazy2: (not for me).

Hope you enjoyed your trip! Allowed me to live vicariously through your vacation after ours last year.

Hi Emelie! Thanks, I'm glad you have been reading and enjoying this TR! :goodvibes

Ha! Yes, the ravioli did not score high in the appearance department. That "broth" was just too soupy and didn't do anything for it except make be be careful not to dribble on myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter