There's A Snake In My Boot!!!! PTR April 24th-May 1, 2010 (Trip Report Started!!)

Hellooooooo! Finally another update!! My mouth is doing fine, I made chicken pasta salad for dinner so it's still softer food, but by tomorrow I will probably be 100%! I am getting a mani/pedi on Friday afternoon, I have gift cards to a local spa from last Mother's Day that I need to use so I get to relax a bit Friday!!! Cory is taking that afternoon off and we plan on renting Princess and the Frog to watch at dinner time!! It will be a nice way to end the week before our trip starts!!!:woohoo:

Here are a few pics of my packing...I think I am doing pretty good and I feel like I am on top of things!!
DSC01006.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

This is what our Countdown Calendar is looking like now!!!!!
DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

And while I am packing I have been drinking my water out of a 2000 Fantasmic! mug!! It rocks!
DSC01011.jpg

As far as the suitcases go this is the breakdown I think:
We are checking 2 bags (Large suitcase and a big duffle) with the hopes of keeping both under 50 pounds!!
I am carrying on a bag with our documents, snacks, diapers, and my purse inside of it.
Cory is carrying on a small rolling suitcase with our swimming gear and goody bag stuff, and a few extra diapers and necessities.
Gabe is carrying on his backpack with toys for the plane and the kids "babies".
Then we will gate check the stroller...phew!!!!!!!!
On the plane Cory and I will have Helen in the seat between us, and Gabe will be in the seat between my mom and dad! Worked out pretty well for us that way!!

I feel that we have a TON of snacks packed (including the cereal), but I know a lot will get eaten, not all of it but most of it! So between eating up the snacks and using the diapers I packed, we should have enough room in the bags for any souvenirs!! We are all just getting so pumped for this trip, Cory has been frustrated at work the last couple of weeks so this trip will REALLY be great for him!! Okay, off to do more checking things of "The List"!!!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their day!!!!!!!!!

haha, you are way more on top of packing than me. I can never do it more than a day ahead of time. :rolleyes:

Gotta love those Disney mugs. :goodvibes

Princess and the Frog sounds like a great way to spend an evening. It is an adorable movie.

haha, you are way more on top of packing than me. I can never do it more than a day ahead of time. :rolleyes:

Gotta love those Disney mugs. :goodvibes

Princess and the Frog sounds like a great way to spend an evening. It is an adorable movie.

Everyone I know has seen it and loves it!! I think Gabe will pull the "I don't want to watch a girl movie" thing, but then he won't be able to take his eyes off of it!!!:rotfl: For most other trips it seems I am a last minute packer, but for Disney it's seems to just be part of the fun!

Hellooooooo! Finally another update!! My mouth is doing fine, I made chicken pasta salad for dinner so it's still softer food, but by tomorrow I will probably be 100%! I am getting a mani/pedi on Friday afternoon, I have gift cards to a local spa from last Mother's Day that I need to use so I get to relax a bit Friday!!! Cory is taking that afternoon off and we plan on renting Princess and the Frog to watch at dinner time!! It will be a nice way to end the week before our trip starts!!!:woohoo:

We are checking 2 bags (Large suitcase and a big duffle) with the hopes of keeping both under 50 pounds!!
I am carrying on a bag with our documents, snacks, diapers, and my purse inside of it.
Cory is carrying on a small rolling suitcase with our swimming gear and goody bag stuff, and a few extra diapers and necessities.

I feel that we have a TON of snacks packed (including the cereal), but I know a lot will get eaten, not all of it but most of it! So between eating up the snacks and using the diapers I packed, we should have enough room in the bags for any souvenirs!! We are all just getting so pumped for this trip, Cory has been frustrated at work the last couple of weeks so this trip will REALLY be great for him!! Okay, off to do more checking things of "The List"!!!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their day!!!!!!!!!

Glad your mouth is better. Have you seen Princess and the Frog? I thought it was great! Hope we run into Tiana while we are at WDW!

I went out and bought a luggage scale because I am really nervous about that whole 50lb thing. My suitcase is really big to start out with and empty probably weighs 7 lbs! I too have a bunch of snacks. My plan is to distribute stuff between the four suitcases. I feel like we are taking a LOT but we will be gone 9 days. We have four carry-ons and four bags to be checked. I guess we'll have a lot of room for souvenirs:rotfl:

Here are a few pics of my packing...I think I am doing pretty good and I feel like I am on top of things!!
DSC01006.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

This is what our Countdown Calendar is looking like now!!!!!
DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

And while I am packing I have been drinking my water out of a 2000 Fantasmic! mug!! It rocks!
DSC01011.jpg

On the plane Cory and I will have Helen in the seat between us, and Gabe will be in the seat between my mom and dad! Worked out pretty well for us that way!!

sounds like you have it all together! your packing puts my mess to shame :rotfl: JK! really I hope by tomorrow after noon it will be ready to put in thre trunk of the car and everything will be in its place!

it must be spring fever; Danny is having a time at work too! We thought they were going to tell him he could not go...

you guys have the right idea for relaxing just before you leave!
:wave2:

I missed the 4 day celebration.:confused:, but now I get to do the 3 DAY celebration and that is even better than 4 days!!!How exciting!!

:cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::banana::banana::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::rockband::jumping1::jumping1::jumping3::jumping2:

Yay for 3 days!!! :) I am sure everyone is so excited around your house!
Enjoy your mani/pedi too! I always get one before we go too..love them!
Princess & the Frog is a great movie choice!

3 Days to go!!

I'm glad you are finding some time to go to the spa on Friday! A fresh pedi always makes me feel good! :thumbsup2

My DH has been looking forward to this trip more than any other year... work related stress too!

Your packing looks great!! We are going to be checking more bags than I had planned, but at least we are on Southwest so they are all free.

Have a great trip!! Hope to see you down there! :banana:

Hi! Just wanted to check in and tell you to have a GREAT trip. I hope it's filled with magical memories for all of you. :)

I missed the 4 day celebration.:confused:, but now I get to do the 3 DAY celebration and that is even better than 4 days!!!How exciting!!

:cool1::cool1::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana::yay::cheer2::cheer2::rockband::jumping1::jumping1::jumping3::jumping2:
Thank you!!! The 3 day celebration is lots of fun too!!!!
:banana::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:
Yay for 3 days!!! :) I am sure everyone is so excited around your house!
Enjoy your mani/pedi too! I always get one before we go too..love them!
Princess & the Frog is a great movie choice!
Thanks Heather!! I think I am looking forward to the movie the most, I think the kids will love it too, they just don't know it yet!! I can't wait for my mani/pedi, pedicures are one of my most favorite things to do, I am always so relaxed when I get them!!!!:thumbsup2
3 Days to go!!

I'm glad you are finding some time to go to the spa on Friday! A fresh pedi always makes me feel good! :thumbsup2

My DH has been looking forward to this trip more than any other year... work related stress too!

Your packing looks great!! We are going to be checking more bags than I had planned, but at least we are on Southwest so they are all free.

Have a great trip!! Hope to see you down there! :banana:
SO jealous that your bags are free, that's why we are only checking 2 bags! I am glad our DH's are looking forward to our trips, it makes it fun when Cory asks, "how many days left??" every morning!! I hope to see you too, I am thinking we may try to run eachother over during the mad dash to TSM on Monday!!!:rotfl:
Hi! Just wanted to check in and tell you to have a GREAT trip. I hope it's filled with magical memories for all of you. :)

Thank you so so much!! We are so looking forward to being at WDW together!! Glad you are still checking in!!!!:goodvibes

Hello everyone, Happy Wednesday!!! Not too much to update today. Took Gabe to get his haircut today and he looks so cute!!
DSC01015.jpg

I had it cut REALLY short because I know his head will get hot on our trip, he wears a ball cap all the time so I want him to be cool!!!!

I am happy that the weather outlook looks much better than earlier in the week, a little less rain predicted and more sun!!:cool2: I found a swimsuit FINALLY for myself at Kohl's this morning, I am not crazy about it but I don't think I am crazy for ANY swimsuit that I have to wear!:rotfl: I also got some new socks and another pair of shorts for Helen!

We were bummed to find out that Gabe is going to miss his first t-ball game and team pictures while we are gone:sad1:, I was looking forward to wearing his picture on a button during his games, oh well, we will have to take a team picture another time! On Friday I get to turn in all my change from my change bucket (WDW popcorn bucket), it is about 95% full!! It will be fun to find out how much we saved!!!!! Other than that pretty low key, we are trying to eat up all produce and other food that will spoil while we are gone, so that's been fun! I also want to clean the house a bit and of course stay caught up on the laundry :laundy: ...so the next two days will be mostly getting the house ready and Friday afternoon is my goal to have EVERYTHING packed!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe we only have 3 days to go!
Have a great afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, Happy Wednesday!!! Not too much to update today. Took Gabe to get his haircut today and he looks so cute!!
DSC01015.jpg

I had it cut REALLY short because I know his head will get hot on our trip, he wears a ball cap all the time so I want him to be cool!!!!

I am happy that the weather outlook looks much better than earlier in the week, a little less rain predicted and more sun!!:cool2: I found a swimsuit FINALLY for myself at Kohl's this morning, I am not crazy about it but I don't think I am crazy for ANY swimsuit that I have to wear!:rotfl: I also got some new socks and another pair of shorts for Helen!

We were bummed to find out that Gabe is going to miss his first t-ball game and team pictures while we are gone:sad1:, I was looking forward to wearing his picture on a button during his games, oh well, we will have to take a team picture another time! On Friday I get to turn in all my change from my change bucket (WDW popcorn bucket), it is about 95% full!! It will be fun to find out how much we saved!!!!! Other than that pretty low key, we are trying to eat up all produce and other food that will spoil while we are gone, so that's been fun! I also want to clean the house a bit and of course stay caught up on the laundry :laundy: ...so the next two days will be mostly getting the house ready and Friday afternoon is my goal to have EVERYTHING packed!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe we only have 3 days to go!
Have a great afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!

DS is too cute! Lovin the smile! :goodvibes I also cute DS hair really short before we go so it's alot easier to keep cool and to wash!
I :love: Kohl's!!!
Maybe they will have retakes for his tball??!! I just picked up DSs Teams pics last night (I am team mom) and noticed that they are having retakes or just individuals for those that were absent.
Curious to see about your WDW change bucket! We too are saving but it is in a animal cracker container (plastic bear)....I have been meaning to post a pic of it on my PTR but keep forgetting.
I am sure that you will have everything packed and ready to go Friday!
I am so excited for you guys!! :cheer2:

:stitch: :stitch: :stitch:
:woohoo:THREE DAYS!!! TO GO!!!:woohoo:
the last of your plans sound alot like mine! I brought Ashton today to get his hair cut and pick up a few things...I was thinking of letting Ashton cash in his change for his wants while we are there:rolleyes1still have not decided on that one...

:cheer2::cheer2:3 Days Left!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Wow! It looks like your packing is coming along great!:thumbsup2 Ahh...Princess and the Frog.:cloud9: Such a cute movie!! You're going to love it!!!

Gabe's haircut turned out so cute!!:goodvibes I bet he's so excited!!;)

We save change for all our trips too!! It's so much fun finding out how much we were able to save through the year.:)

Hi Beth! Congrats on 3 days...well, almost 2 now! You are so organized!!! I haven't even thought about packing or what the kids will bring on the plane, I suppose I should. Glad to hear your teeth are feeling better and you found a swimsuit! Nice to be able to check all those to-do's off your list!

Everyone I know has seen it and loves it!! I think Gabe will pull the "I don't want to watch a girl movie" thing, but then he won't be able to take his eyes off of it!!!:rotfl: For most other trips it seems I am a last minute packer, but for Disney it's seems to just be part of the fun!

I totally laughted when I read this - McQueen (he's 6) said that exact thing when we watched a preview! I asked him if he wanted to see that movie and he kind of gave me this quirky, raised eyebrow grimace and said "that's girly". I knew he'd say that...lately everything is "girly" unless it has four-wheel drive or is covered in mud. :rotfl: Let us know how he likes it!

Awww very cute haircut!

It sounds like you have a great day planned Friday! A mani/pedi is the perfect kick off to a great vacation in my opinion!

That does sound exciting about finding out how much change you were able to save. I never thought to do that this time, but my purse is always being weighed down with change that I rarely use. Definitely a must for our next vacation!

I hope to check in once more before we leave on Friday night, but I hope the next couple of days go by smoothly for you and you enjoy the spa and Princess and the Frog!

DS is too cute! Lovin the smile! :goodvibes I also cute DS hair really short before we go so it's alot easier to keep cool and to wash!
I :love: Kohl's!!!
Maybe they will have retakes for his tball??!! I just picked up DSs Teams pics last night (I am team mom) and noticed that they are having retakes or just individuals for those that were absent.
Curious to see about your WDW change bucket! We too are saving but it is in a animal cracker container (plastic bear)....I have been meaning to post a pic of it on my PTR but keep forgetting.
I am sure that you will have everything packed and ready to go Friday!
I am so excited for you guys!! :cheer2:
Thanks so much Heather!! Gabe is always so good when it comes to getting his hair cut (the free sucker at the end does help)! I hope they do get to do retakes, I would LOVE for him to participate, he LOVE LOVE LOVES t-ball so much! We are hitting up the bank today, I will post the total this afternoon!!

:stitch: :stitch: :stitch:
:woohoo:THREE DAYS!!! TO GO!!!:woohoo:
the last of your plans sound alot like mine! I brought Ashton today to get his hair cut and pick up a few things...I was thinking of letting Ashton cash in his change for his wants while we are there:rolleyes1still have not decided on that one...
YEAH for getting the boys' haircuts!! They always looks to clean and fresh after a cut!! We are giving Gabe some spending money, hopefully it will help with the "I want everything" chant. We will pick out Helen's things for her, they will probably come home with more than we need with Grandma and Grandpa with:rotfl:
:cheer2::cheer2:3 Days Left!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Wow! It looks like your packing is coming along great!:thumbsup2 Ahh...Princess and the Frog.:cloud9: Such a cute movie!! You're going to love it!!!

Gabe's haircut turned out so cute!!:goodvibes I bet he's so excited!!;)

We save change for all our trips too!! It's so much fun finding out how much we were able to save through the year.:)
Thanks Angie! I think I am looking forward to the movie the most!! Cory actually seems interested in seeing it too, which is a shocker!! I don't know why I am so excited about the change this time around, I have a feeling it will be a good amount!!!

Hi Beth! Congrats on 3 days...well, almost 2 now! You are so organized!!! I haven't even thought about packing or what the kids will bring on the plane, I suppose I should. Glad to hear your teeth are feeling better and you found a swimsuit! Nice to be able to check all those to-do's off your list!

I totally laughted when I read this - McQueen (he's 6) said that exact thing when we watched a preview! I asked him if he wanted to see that movie and he kind of gave me this quirky, raised eyebrow grimace and said "that's girly". I knew he'd say that...lately everything is "girly" unless it has four-wheel drive or is covered in mud. :rotfl: Let us know how he likes it!
Thanks Karen! I was so happy to get the swimsuit, I really needed a new one and I tried it on at home again yesterday and I still like it so I guess that's a good sign!! I will let you know about the movie, I hope to post Friday night before bed so I will include a 5 year old boy review!!:goodvibes
Awww very cute haircut!

It sounds like you have a great day planned Friday! A mani/pedi is the perfect kick off to a great vacation in my opinion!

That does sound exciting about finding out how much change you were able to save. I never thought to do that this time, but my purse is always being weighed down with change that I rarely use. Definitely a must for our next vacation!

I hope to check in once more before we leave on Friday night, but I hope the next couple of days go by smoothly for you and you enjoy the spa and Princess and the Frog!

Thanks Alicia!! I hope to also get on the DIS Friday night! I know Saturday morning will be way too rushed as we are hoping to get out of here no late than 7:45am!! I hope your next 2 days go QUICKLY and SMOOTHLY!!!!!!!!!!

He looks so handsome! Can't believe you are leaving so soon!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks Kayce!! I can't believe we are only 2 days away, you only have a little over a week too!!!! These days are flying by!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter