• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great packing list! We leave in just over three weeks! I am so excited! Does the Beach Club use the cuisinart coffee pod machines? I need good strong coffee in he morning and I am guessing that the coffee pods they supply won't cut it. I am thinking of ordering some to bring with me.

athyng, I believe they are the pod machines (as long as you're not staying at one of the villas - as far as I know the villas still use the traditional coffee machines). I ordered pods to bring with a week or so ago. I don't know if we can post the links or mention the company, but if you send me a PM, I can let you know the company. Always had great service from them (usually arrives within a few days). I've never once had good hotel coffee, so I figured I wouldn't risk it and just bought my own to bring along.

Nettie - it must be the combination of you and I together at YC that is brewing up the Atlantic.

I agree - this year has been the worse!

Hopefully this will pass and we will have a fantastic time!

So happy to say can we please be added to the Be Our Guest List.

Its only for one night but its still all good Tuesday Sept. 2nd at the Yacht Club.

Ds and I are taking a little mother/son trip and will be staying at the Dolphin first.

I am hoping to spend alot of time in Storm Along Bay on tues. for sure!

Still thinking of wed. too after we check out since our flight is not till 8pm.

Where are the shower/changing rooms again? I have never used them before.
And can someone tell me how handicapped friendly/accessible they are. TIA. I have some balance issues and I dont want to trip/fall etc.

Its only for one night but its still all good Tuesday Sept. 2nd at the Yacht Club.

Ds and I are taking a little mother/son trip and will be staying at the Dolphin first.

And can someone tell me how handicapped friendly/accessible they are. TIA. I have some balance issues and I dont want to trip/fall etc.

Yipppeeee!!! One night at the YC is fantastic news.

Unfortunately there are no changing rooms/indoor showers. The showers are actually outside at the pool. You rinse off in your bathing suit and take towels into one of the restrooms to change.

:woohoo:

So happy to be adding you to the Be Our Guest list again.

Yipppeeee!!! One night at the YC is fantastic news.

Unfortunately there are no changing rooms/indoor showers. The showers are actually outside at the pool. You rinse off in your bathing suit and take towels into one of the restrooms to change.

Although the policy about non-spa guests using the lockers/shower in the health club has changed (BOO!), I still recommend that you check with them to see if you can use the facilities on the day you will be using the pool. Given your balance issues, I think it would be a very bad decision on their part to deny you use of the showers in the locker room.

My $.02.

True story- I love pressed pennies and a gazillion years ago on the DIS, I read a really great tip about packing quarters and pennies (pre 1967 or something like that) in mini M&M canisters. Of course, if you pack them Q, Q, P, Q, Q, P, you can grab the trio to use without digging out the correct change.

I happen to have empty Airborne capsule tubes, like the mini M&M containers and I filled them with the coins.

Last July was the only time my carryon luggage has ever been pulled aside for inspection by TSA. The offending item?

My canister of coins for smooshed pennies.

:headache:

Yes I have a "Las Vegas" amount of quarters but as lady luck would have it DH installed a new pump on the washer and we are back in business> I have never been this happy to do laundry!

Yes Natebenma I too have gotten pulled aside by TSA all because of a roll of quarters. ever since then I just put the roll in my 3-1-1 bag and its never been a problem . Yes the M & M tube is a great way to transport them. Mini tube goes in the glove box for those darn Florida tolls and the larger one I use for laundry.

One thing I want add to NinjaMom list, a dull USB charger. I found a GE one at Target this week for less than $9.00 and the charging speed is 2.1

Please do not leave your valuables unattended while at Walt Disney World!

This includes the:
Pools
Parks
parking lots
restaurants

On another thread a poster is reporting that people at the Boardwalk Resort pool area had their belongings stolen (Phones, cash, backpacks) while they were in the water.

This is just another timely reminder that thieves, including guests who may be compelled to steal, can gain access to your valuables if you are not careful. This can happen anywhere, including the "always in lock down" Storm Along Bay pool.

Another way of saying it is to be careful, keep your stuff safe and not unattended, have a great trip and give your neighbor the hairy eyeball so they think you are a bit touched in the head (like Ninja Mom) and they will tend to give you a lot more space.

~NM
PS. Though I've not heard of it, perhaps there are people who are looking to upgrade their underwear and go shopping in the laundry facilities at Disney Resorts. Just to be safe keep those tighty whities within eyeball range, especially if you are drinking and laundering as we are wont to do at the Beach Club.

NM - I love the packing list. No spouse for me this trip though!! He will need to wait until the fall for his next Disney visit! Think I got the rest!

Rebecca

Yay, we made it to Seaworld todaand, we didn't have a drop of rain!!

NM. The only thing I don't have from your packing list is the power strip. However, I have never ever been in a hotel room that has as many sockets in appropriate places as this Marriott we are currently in!

Please do not leave your valuables unattended while at Walt Disney World!

This includes the:
Pools
Parks
parking lots
restaurants

On another thread a poster is reporting that people at the Boardwalk Resort pool area had their belongings stolen (Phones, cash, backpacks) while they were in the water.

This is just another timely reminder that thieves, including guests who may be compelled to steal, can gain access to your valuables if you are not careful. This can happen anywhere, including the "always in lock down" Storm Along Bay pool.

Another way of saying it is to be careful, keep your stuff safe and not unattended, have a great trip and give your neighbor the hairy eyeball so they think you are a bit touched in the head (like Ninja Mom) and they will tend to give you a lot more space.

~NM
PS. Though I've not heard of it, perhaps there are people who are looking to upgrade their underwear and go shopping in the laundry facilities at Disney Resorts. Just to be safe keep those tighty whities within eyeball range, especially if you are drinking and laundering as we are wont to do at the Beach Club.

There have also been reports this week of people being followed from the Apple Store at Florida Mall and having their cars broken into if they have stopped off somewhere for dinner on their way home.

Nettie - it must be the combination of you and I together at YC that is brewing up the Atlantic. I agree - this year has been the worse! Hopefully this will pass and we will have a fantastic time!

Robyn,

I am so looking forward to this and expect a gigantic hug the first time I see you that will (with words unspoken) say it all!!! Can't wait to see you and all the other Dis friends. I need this one!

This will be the first time EVER that I am staying at YC without staying CL. I have a feeling I may be spending a lot if time in Crew's Cup Lounge!!

YC Fan - sorry to hear things aren't going well for you right now. Hopefully a good dose of WDW will help smooth things over a bit.

Scott - happy to hear that your baby is on the mend and will hopefully be okay.

Our home drama this week, while mild compared to some of the problems others are facing right now, is that our computer up and died. Just gave things up yesterday and seems unrecoverable. That sent husband and son off to the computer store. We now have a shiny new computer, but no old emails and no old documents, including pictures. Both the old hard drive and the back up drive gave things up in unison.

Thankfully, my crazy packing strategy of waiting for the last minute to pack everything but my plane tickets and prized spreadsheet has paid off. While we may recover files by the weekend, we may not and so I am very happy that I used my time last weekend to print off our plane tickets and our planning spreadsheet, so at least that info is well in hand.

Unfortunately my husband can't remember what car service he called to take us to the airport, so let's just hope they show up on time on Sunday morning because if they don't I have no idea who to call to check on them. (I'll have some other car service numbers handy, just in case!)

We had a bit of a hiccup today.

It seems that if you make a plan and laminate it, you really should consult it. 8.30 this morning we are heading out to Ponderosa for breakfast before catching the IRide to Premium outlets for some shopping when I take a moment to glance at the plan. We were supposed to be at Seaworld. :eek::scared1::laughing:

:rotfl:

This made me laugh. No matter how much pre-planning we do, we cannot account for the fact that we can lose track of things once we get into that vacation relax mode!

I'm really glad to hear that all systems are go!
:thumbsup2

;)

Ninja Mom's (un)timely packing list!!

a roll of quarters for the laundry machines,

Tweezers Take advantage of that giant magnifying mirror in the bathroom and get those tweezers out to tame the Florida unibrow.

Your Spouse! Promise them candy or liquor or what ever it takes.

~NM

:rotfl2:

An excellent set of tips! I've just rummaged through our drawers and I came up with six US quarters that will help us clean our drawers in WDW. I'll have to gather any other quarters once we hit US soil.

Love the tweezers tip - Is it wrong that I'm now looking forward to using that magnifying mirror!

And, I've strategically placed the Biergarten as our last reservation of our trip next week, so that I have the constant carrot of beer to keep my husband moving forward.

Of course, if you pack them Q, Q, P, Q, Q, P, you can grab the trio to use without digging out the correct change.

Statements like this are why I love you so!

Given that you are "Beach Club Dee" your $.02 are worth a quarter easily on this board!

:goodvibes

Ninja Mom's (un)timely packing list!!

Some sort of insulated beverage container that you can take to the parks. Yeah sure you can spend close to $20 bucks on a tiny Disney refillable mug but it's a lot cheaper to bring your own from home. TAKE that drink container to the parks! You can fill it with your choice of beverage and keep it frosty cold as you hydrate in the killer Florida heat. The water that is dispensed in the soda machines is filtered water so you don't get as much of that yummy Florida tap water taste :crazy2:. IN the parks you can go up to many of the food service places and request a cup of free ice water or just plain ice.
I just ordered an insulated leak proof beverage container for our September trip. We've never been to WDW in Sept before and I know I'm going to need lots of frosty, cold drinks to make it through the day. But I still love to use the refillable mug to hold my Grey Goose slushies. ;)
Rain ponchos. Walmart and Dick's sporting goods have the small, thin disposable ones that fit easily in a back back and can be ditched after unfolding. Disney has the ones that you have to take a mortgage out on to purchase but they last forever and are a bear (Carlton) to be refolded. You decide which one fits your touring style.

I have no idea whether I want the easy to dispose of ponchos or the last a lifetime version. :confused3
Spare shoes Oops! You got caught in one of those Florida rain storms. You figured it would be ok to run around in it because it was only rain and you would dry off in no time.... but you forgot about the puddles and the fact that the rain would run down your legs and right into your sneakers. Don't be the guy that squishes and squashes around Disney for days while his only pair of foot wear takes days to dry out. Take a spare pair of foot wear!

~NM
Good idea! I usually wear running shoes when doing lots of walking, and once they get wet, they stay that way for awhile. I do have a way to dry them. I stuff them with newspaper if they get wet and keep replacing the wet newspaper with dry sheets until the shoes are dry. They have complimentary copies of USA Today available during the weekdays by the elevator that will work nicely. :)

What do you all do on your arrival day? We will be arriving at Yacht Club on Wednesday, September 24th. We live about an hour and a half from Orlando, so when we get there is all up to us (and traffic, of course). We plan on getting there around 1PM, at the latest. Do you guys explore the hotel, the pool, surrounding area, or what? We aren't looking to do a park that day, if we do, it will only be for the fireworks.

We are arriving at the YC around 11:30am on the same day as you are, Sept 24th. We plan to go right over to eat lunch at the Food & Wine booths. After spending some time there we'll come back for swimming and nap time. We'll need the nap after waking up at 3:30am for our flight to Orlando. We want to go back into Epcot to catch the Eat to the Beat concert. We plan to eat dinner at the Crews Cup lounge, too, either this night or one of the other nights we are there. Then we'll catch Illuminations to end the evening. I'm not sure if it will be inside Epcot, from the beach or, if we are super lucky, from our balcony. :goodvibes

I am looking forward to seeing so many of you next week. :wave2: Feel free to let me know about your dining plans so that I can join you. I'm more of a nibbler so it should be easy to share a plate with me. Being the gentleman I always offer to leave a tip but no one is interested in Fly logic like leave the window open just a crack so that I can get IN as well as OUT....

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

It's so hard to believe. I am settling in to bed right now. Tomorrow we get up bright and early to begin our journey to Florida! 8 months of planning come down to less then 8 hours of waiting...Most of it sleep! :hyper:

This will be the first time EVER that I am staying at YC without staying CL. I have a feeling I may be spending a lot if time in Crew's Cup Lounge!!

First time in 6 years that we aren't staying CL at YC/BC too. I'm just hoping we get a room with a nice view. Maybe we can meet up at crews cup!

You know I'll find you, I always do. DH has never recovered from the Narcoosse's ladies room meet!

First time in 6 years that we aren't staying CL at YC/BC too. I'm just hoping we get a room with a nice view. Maybe we can meet up at crews cup! You know I'll find you, I always do. DH has never recovered from the Narcoosse's ladies room meet!

Can't think of anyone I'd rather be stalked by!! A drink at Crew's Cup sounds lovely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter