• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Young Avengers: A Very Avengers Holiday (YARP Part 6)

Evelyn: "Yeah. I've overheard some adult conversations, or your dad will refrence it sometimes. Also in my business class we had a unit about how NYC was develpoed and how it's businesses have evolved. The Stork Club came up."

Jay: He wrapped his arm around Hope.
Mike: "Oh, I see." He took her hand and walked up to the doors.

Hope: She leaned into his arm.

Mike: "Oh, I see." He took her hand and walked up to the doors.

Hope: She leaned into his arm.
OOC: I am home.

Evelyn: "Yup." She followed Mike in, observing everything.

Jay: He wrapped his arm around Hope and held her tight.

OOC: I am home.

Evelyn: "Yup." She followed Mike in, observing everything.

Jay: He wrapped his arm around Hope and held her tight.

Mike: He led here in. There were people dancing, people getting drinks at the bar, and there were some outside at the tables or the outdoor dance floor.

Hope: She continued to watch the movie, relaxed in Jay's arm.

OOC: Hey! I don't know if you responded to Nova's post earlier in response to Thora's, the last thing she said was let's talk about the weather or something like that.

Thora: "Weather? Well I find the weather on earth to be a bit different, I mean, there's actually lightning that we aren't controlling! How odd!"

Mike: He led here in. There were people dancing, people getting drinks at the bar, and there were some outside at the tables or the outdoor dance floor.

Hope: She continued to watch the movie, relaxed in Jay's arm.
Evelyn: She had a spring in her step, but still kept her cool and looked elegant.

Jay: "Ahhh, I love being in my happy place."

Shadowy Figure: He sat in the back of the club, drinking whisky and reading the NYC times.

Natasha: She was reading some HYDRA Agents reports.

Clint: He was taking a bath and kept throwing old bath toys for the dogs to catch.

Evelyn: She had a spring in her step, but still kept her cool and looked elegant.

Jay: "Ahhh, I love being in my happy place."

Shadowy Figure: He sat in the back of the club, drinking whisky and reading the NYC times.

Natasha: She was reading some HYDRA Agents reports.

Clint: He was taking a bath and kept throwing old bath toys for the dogs to catch.

Mike: He weaved through the crowd, leading her along.

Hope: "Your happy place is with me on my couch?"

Mike: "Whatever you want."

Hope: "Well I hope you don't mind sticking around because I don't plan on letting you go."
Evelyn: "I think the dance floor is calling our name.'

Jay: He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I don't mind at all. I'd like that very much."

Evelyn: "I think the dance floor is calling our name.'

Jay: He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I don't mind at all. I'd like that very much."
Mike: 'The, may I have this dance, Evelyn?"

Hope: She smiled and arranged herself more comfortably and continued watching the movie.

Evelyn: "I'd be honored my love."

Jay: He enjoyed the movie.

Mike: He pulled her onto the dance floor and after a bit of finding his footing relaxed into the steady dancing.

Hope: She watched the movie with him.

OOC: New day soon, after the clubbing? I was thinking during the daytime tomorrow I can bring in the Rhodes', and that night can be either that concert that Hope and Jay were supposed to jam with Raven and her band or the party in which stuff happens and Ultron appears? Unless your Shadowy Figure there a few posts ago is a plan, then go ahead with that.

Sam: "What do you mean?"

Raven "It's just - I like Conrad a lot. He's a sweet guy, if a bit clueless at times. And you've been really nice to me. You didn't have to do as much as you have when my dad told you to keep me safe. I mean, he doesn't really know you THAT well, I honestly think he just picked you because Coulson was gone, I would never have fit with Hill, Steve is too conspicuous already and Natasha and Clint had enough on their plate already from the fall-out and their own two kids, let alone the fact that I could never ever be seen convincingly as a member if their family. So I got entrusted to you. All you really had to do was get JARVIS to check in on my vitals from time to time. You didn't have to be nice or make Conrad be kind to me or let me stay in a room on your floor in Avengers tower or make sure I get fed and have enough stuff. And I can't be more grateful for that, really. But, we're kidding ourselves if we think this is a real family."

Sam: "I'm sorry."

Raven: "What?"

Sam: "I never wanted you to feel like any of this. Not abandoned, not neglected, not a burden, not unwanted, not alone. I can't help but feel I failed you."

Raven: "How-"

Sam: "I also suspected those or similar reasons as to why Nick Fury left you with me. I didn't agree with his decision, I thought it would have been better for you if he too you with him, acted like a real father for once. But it wasn't my place to judge and so I decided I would do the best I could for you. But I failed.Sure, I made sure you had the necessities. But I didn't pay you the proper attention. I didn't take care of you. I didn't save you from Luke and I wasn't there to talk you down from jumping off the roof or comfort you afterwards. I saw your father was there so I went and dealt with our security issues. But your father left too quickly, and I should have helped you picked up the pieces that he left scattered. I should have treated you as a daughter, like I treated Conrad as my son. But I was afraid, that you would react badly, or that you would reject me. You didn't exactly take well the other adults trying to parent you. But that's no excuse. You needed me and I wasn't there for you so many times. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you being there for Conrad, during his depression and in the aftermath of his accident. It really helped him get back to himself, and I've done nothing to repay you. In short, I failed you as a parental guardian. You say this isn't a real family, well, I can't blame you for saying so."

Mike: He pulled her onto the dance floor and after a bit of finding his footing relaxed into the steady dancing.

Hope: She watched the movie with him.

OOC: New day soon, after the clubbing? I was thinking during the daytime tomorrow I can bring in the Rhodes', and that night can be either that concert that Hope and Jay were supposed to jam with Raven and her band or the party in which stuff happens and Ultron appears? Unless your Shadowy Figure there a few posts ago is a plan, then go ahead with that.
Evelyn: She enjoyed the dancing.

OOC: New day soon

Thora: "Weather? Well I find the weather on earth to be a bit different, I mean, there's actually lightning that we aren't controlling! How odd!"

Nova: Nova smiled. "It's crazy. Weather is one of the most beautiful things in the world. You can't control it, but every time something happens, there's always something to enjoy about it."

Sam: "I'm sorry."

Raven: "What?"

Sam: "I never wanted you to feel like any of this. Not abandoned, not neglected, not a burden, not unwanted, not alone. I can't help but feel I failed you."

Raven: "How-"

Sam: "I also suspected those or similar reasons as to why Nick Fury left you with me. I didn't agree with his decision, I thought it would have been better for you if he too you with him, acted like a real father for once. But it wasn't my place to judge and so I decided I would do the best I could for you. But I failed.Sure, I made sure you had the necessities. But I didn't pay you the proper attention. I didn't take care of you. I didn't save you from Luke and I wasn't there to talk you down from jumping off the roof or comfort you afterwards. I saw your father was there so I went and dealt with our security issues. But your father left too quickly, and I should have helped you picked up the pieces that he left scattered. I should have treated you as a daughter, like I treated Conrad as my son. But I was afraid, that you would react badly, or that you would reject me. You didn't exactly take well the other adults trying to parent you. But that's no excuse. You needed me and I wasn't there for you so many times. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you being there for Conrad, during his depression and in the aftermath of his accident. It really helped him get back to himself, and I've done nothing to repay you. In short, I failed you as a parental guardian. You say this isn't a real family, well, I can't blame you for saying so."

Silence reigned.

Raven: "Well, glad we both understand that is isn't really ideal family," she said at last. "So what are we going to do about it?"

Sam: "That depends."

Raven: "On?"

Sam: "A few things. The variable that we can't do anything about is your father. He comes and goes as he pleases, and with no way of contacting him, we can't really talk to him, and he doesn't exactly share his feelings all the time anyway. The things we can work with is Conrad and what you want to get out of this."

Raven: "What I want to get out of this?"

Sam: "Well, our two options would be to attempt coming closer together as a family or break ties. We can't really stay in this mid state, clearly it's not working, since we're having this conversation. Me, I'll always have a son, a responsibilty, so it's not my choice to make. And you're the one who came to me wanting a change. So, what do you want out of this, do you want a 'real family' with us Wilsons or do you want to be responsible for yourself and move to your own floor? I'll go along with whatever you decide."

Raven: "And Conrad?"

Sam: "Well, he's a part of this family too, isn't he? So shouldn't he have a say?"

Raven: "True. Then let him have his say. Will you fetch him?"

Sam: He nodded. "I'll get him."

Silence reigned.

Raven: "Well, glad we both understand that is isn't really ideal family," she said at last. "So what are we going to do about it?"

Sam: "That depends."

Raven: "On?"

Sam: "A few things. The variable that we can't do anything about is your father. He comes and goes as he pleases, and with no way of contacting him, we can't really talk to him, and he doesn't exactly share his feelings all the time anyway. The things we can work with is Conrad and what you want to get out of this."

Raven: "What I want to get out of this?"

Sam: "Well, our two options would be to attempt coming closer together as a family or break ties. We can't really stay in this mid state, clearly it's not working, since we're having this conversation. Me, I'll always have a son, a responsibilty, so it's not my choice to make. And you're the one who came to me wanting a change. So, what do you want out of this, do you want a 'real family' with us Wilsons or do you want to be responsible for yourself and move to your own floor? I'll go along with whatever you decide."

Raven: "And Conrad?"

Sam: "Well, he's a part of this family too, isn't he? So shouldn't he have a say?"

Raven: "True. Then let him have his say. Will you fetch him?"

Sam: He nodded. "I'll get him."

Sam: He found Conrad in his room. "Hey. Raven and I are having a discussion in the living room. Can you come join us?"

Conrad: "Yeah, sure." He followed Sam into the living room and sat down. "Hey Rave. So what are we talking about? Something serious?"

Raven: "Hi Con. Yeah, you could say that." She explained everything, then asked what he thought.

Conrad: He grabbed her hands. "I don't want you to go. You were constantly by my side and there for me when I didn't even know who me was. I don't want the only time we feel like family to be when someone's in pain."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter