• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Young Avengers: A Very Avengers Holiday (YARP Part 6)

Jay: "True. There's no rush. Unless it is Hope. Then there's no time to waste. Yeah, dating someone in the military would be tough."

Evelyn: She patted june's back. Poor June.

June: She just looked at Evelyn and started to laugh.

Nova: She enchanged an uncomfortable look with Thora. Out of all the people here, she probably had missed her and Evelyn the most. She had grown close to them, and she felt as if she had left a small family behind. Of course, she would never admit that out loud. After all, her mother would want to keep her here forever and she'd use that to attempt to keep Nova in the field.

Thora: "You wanna go do something?"

Conrad: "At this point, Jay, you're unofficially a married man. I don't think you need to worry about having Hope at all."

Eli: "Oh, despair! He'll be no fun in college!"
Jay: "Wait what? She can still be my partner without being in a marriage. Hey! I'm still going to have a blast. Jay knows how to party. Anyways, after a long crazy night I constantly have someone to snuggle me and make me feel better."

Jay: "Wait what? She can still be my partner without being in a marriage. Hey! I'm still going to have a blast. Jay knows how to party. Anyways, after a long crazy night I constantly have someone to snuggle me and make me feel better."

Nova: Nova couldn't help but smile at his response.

Conrad: He grinned. "I'm sorry. We don't mean any harm, or, at least, I don't."

Eli: He laughed. "Your buttons are so easy to push. Okay, you might be fun in college."

Nova: Nova couldn't help but smile at his response.

Conrad: He grinned. "I'm sorry. We don't mean any harm, or, at least, I don't."

Eli: He laughed. "Your buttons are so easy to push. Okay, you might be fun in college."
Jay: He grinned. "It's okay. Yeah, I need to get better with my buttons. Yeah, I will have a good time in college. You guys know I'll usually win an argument."

Last edited:

Jay: He grinned. "It's okay. Yeah, I need to get better with my buttons. Yeah, I will have a good time in college. You guys know I'll usually win an argument."
Eli: "Yeah, yeah."

Sarah: She was feeling awkward, though they were pretty funny. They seemed to know each other so well, be so close knit.

Eli: "Yeah, yeah."

Sarah: She was feeling awkward, though they were pretty funny. They seemed to know each other so well, be so close knit.
Evelyn: She whispered to Sarah, "We have a lot of talkers and outgoing people in this group. You can't be afraid to speak up, or else you never may get a chance to talk. Although sometimes watching is just as amusing."

Evelyn: She whispered to Sarah, "We have a lot of talkers and outgoing people in this group. You can't be afraid to speak up, or else you never may get a chance to talk. Although sometimes watching is just as amusing."
Sarah: "Thank you," she replied quietly.

OOC: Rant Time, just warning you.

Okay, so I googled gender roles in South Korea, because I have been planning to have Sarah be a little shyer and a little more feminine and a little more formal then Hope and Raven so I wanted to make sure I had a somewhat accurate portrayal, so I read several sources. Now I'm kinda mad. Apparently South Korean women didn't get "equal" rights with men until 1948, which is okay I guess considering that's about the time South Korea split from the North and became their own country. But, their equal rights are not so "equal" and though there are laws they aren't really followed that much. Until about the 90's a lot of women didn't go to high school or college and university. Apparently a less qualified man is more likely to be picked for a job than a perfectly qualified woman. Apparently their pay gap is so bad that with a man and woman on equal terms, same degrees and everything, a woman will on average only get paid 44% of what the man will. The US pay gap, as of 2013, says that we women will get paid 78% percent of what our male counterparts will make (I just looked that up too for comparing). And apparently when working Korean women get married or have kids, they are often encouraged to stop working. Women rarely get positions of power or rank or get to be in charge. Men are also more likely to get custody and everything in a divorce. Apparently things are getting better, the numbers are getting better, but it makes me so mad!

Links to my sources if you want to see for yourself
http://www.korea4expats.com/article-gender-roles.html
http://asiasociety.org/womens-role-contemporary-korea
http://keia.org/publication/korean-women-you-have-come-long-way
http://thediplomat.com/2014/08/south-koreas-failure-to-support-working-women/
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~yisei/issues/spring_95/yisei_95_30.html
http://www.aauw.org/research/the-simple-truth-about-the-gender-pay-gap/ (this is the American article)

Thora: She and Nova walked downstairs. "What do you want to do?"

Gordon: He was still in his room, chatting up Britannia

June: She turned to the new girl and whispered. "Don't worry about it. I never talk. Everyone here thinks I'm a fuddy duddy a lot but it's not bad."

OOC: Okay I am not even going to get into gender roles and how much they disgust me and put limitations on our culture. There are more than 2 genders and all should be equal. I'll put it at that. The only roles we need are cinnamon rolls.

Sarah: She smiled a bit. "I don't think you're a...fuddy duddy," she said, stumbling over the language.

Evelyn: "No problem, and i'll try to bring you into conversations. Let me know if you need anything. What is a fuddy duddy? Sounds like a lesser known candy my grandma, well if I had one, would give. You definitely aren't that June. "

OOC: Equality in South Korea makes me mad! But cinnamon and dinner rolls make me happy!

Thora: She and Nova walked downstairs. "What do you want to do?"

Gordon: He was still in his room, chatting up Britannia

June: She turned to the new girl and whispered. "Don't worry about it. I never talk. Everyone here thinks I'm a fuddy duddy a lot but it's not bad."

OOC: Okay I am not even going to get into gender roles and how much they disgust me and put limitations on our culture. There are more than 2 genders and all should be equal. I'll put it at that. The only roles we need are cinnamon rolls.

Nova: "I don't really know. We could talk."

Evelyn: "No problem, and i'll try to bring you into conversations. Let me know if you need anything. What is a fuddy duddy? Sounds like a lesser known candy my grandma, well if I had one, would give. You definitely aren't that June. "

OOC: Equality in South Korea makes me mad! But cinnamon and dinner rolls make me happy!

Sarah: She let out a giggle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter