The Year of Disney - A 2018 PTR. Updated 10/12x4!

It's a pretty strong maybe right now. I do like duck but it has to be done correctly or it's chewy so I'm scared to order it at times. If you remember, texture is one of the reasons I'm picky. It will probably be a last minute decision that day.
It's kinda funny...I guess duck can be messed up several ways. The two times I had it, it was dry and hard to eat. Whenever I mention that to folks, they most often say it's greasy. Now chewy. Guess the secret to good duck is hard to quack.

I enjoyed Pandora at night in August so I'm excited to share that with them.
I didn't get to see as much as I wanted.

Well more @pkondz than me because if I remember I think I only sank a handful of balls.
I think y'all did pretty good. You beat me most games and I was the one that was supposedly pretty good. I blame it on y'all ganging up on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

So jealous you will get to be right down the road from Disney! It's definitely in the future for me but not until retirement. Got a ways to go for that.
Well, good thing...when you get ready to retire, you'll have a friendly (let's not talk about my looks please) face ready to help.

I've had so many issues with MDE this trip! Luckily it was working fairly well when I did our FPs. I got everything I wanted but it took way longer than it should have.
I think I need to start mentioning when I DON'T have a problem with MDE. Much less typing that way.

I actually do like Kenny G, I'm just not sure if I could sit through an entire concert of his music. It's just too relaxing and puts me to sleep!
I sometimes listen at work and especially when I'm dealing with certain people where the relaxation is needed.

I know your favorite is Tiffins and I do plan to try it someday. But John and Jocelyn picked all the restaurants for this trip and Tiffin's was a bit out of their price range. Jocelyn told John he could pick one expensive meal for the trip and that was Brown Derby.
Not just her favorite. Mine too. I've never eaten at the Brown Derby (well Disney one), but I can't imagine anything topping Tiffins.

I honestly couldn't tell you when my love for Pluto started, it actually pre-dates my memory. All I know is that I've always had a love for him and some of the stuffies in my collection came from my childhood. The collection really started to take off though when Ebay came around in the 90s. I've got a long way to go to get the room back together but when I do I'll be sure to post pictures somewhere on the DIS.
Look forward to seeing that. I think the only love (okay I guess I can think of two) from childhood for me are trains and the Cubs.

I really don't remember sinking very many balls but then I was paying way more attention to the good company and conversation than to how I was doing at pool.
I remind you of my earlier statement...y'all beat me almost every game. The company was fantastic. Maybe I can use that as my excuse. :rotfl2:

I didn't even know there WAS an Ohio park!! I've only been to Sea World in Florida once, and it was all the way back in 2004.

Well the Ohio one closed way back in 2000 so that's probably why you never heard of it. It was OK this time, I don't think any of us were really impressed. To be honest I was kind of bored 2nd time around.

When we went, the only one there was the Kraken, I think. I do love some rollercoasters, so I should probably plan to get back to Sea World someday!

Spoiler alert, I rode two of the coasters and didn't like either of them. Sad to say I'm starting to get to the age where they aren't as fun on my body anymore. :sad1:

Oooh, yummy!!! Everything I've read about this restaurant and I totally missed this?! Sounds delish!

It was very good although kind of small.

Kindergarten teachers should not be dreaming about vodka and blue drinks at 9:40 a.m. should they? ....I blame you!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

D~ did such an incredible job (duh, she always does) on the photobomb bag!! I'm glad you'll get to use it a bunch on this trip--you should be flooded with admirers!!!!

She definitely did and yep, I got a lot of complements this trip.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Sea World! I haven't been since I was a kid but really want to go back one day.
Friday sounds like it will be a good day and not too stressful!
Spending the last day at AK sounds great!
I love all your Halloween shirts and the Pluto/Stitch bag!
Have a fantastic trip!!

Sea World was just OK this time around. Not much new for me so I was a little bored. The rides there just don't have the re-ride-ability of Disney rides. :rotfl2:

THe moonshine mash is so good.

I did enjoy it but thought it was a bit on the small side for the price.

We figured out how to go next weekend to get our cutting boards.

Great! I hope you got them. We did get ours but there's a story there that I'll get to in the TR.

The bear...… I held on to it for dear life for years and years. Then... one day, an animal (dog? hamster?) got at it and chewed up a foot a bit.... still worth money but. :( And then... it's disappeared. I don't know if it's in a box somewhere after a couple moves or... :confused3 Maybe Ruby tossed it. Just don't know.
Sad about that.

That is sad. :sad1: I have one that Ellie got a hold of but luckily she didn't do any damage.

Yay! I've been on pins and needles waiting!

:rotfl:And the fun thing, I ended up changing things up and didn't even wear several of those outfits.

Of course. Ya gotta have at least three bags, ya know.

Three is actually low for me. I took 4 in August and was only there half the time. :lmao:

Looking forward to hearing about that upcoming trip!

Started the TR, I'll post a link in a minute here.

It's kinda funny...I guess duck can be messed up several ways. The two times I had it, it was dry and hard to eat. Whenever I mention that to folks, they most often say it's greasy. Now chewy. Guess the secret to good duck is hard to quack.

Spoiler for the TR, the duck at Yak & Yeti was excellent.

I think y'all did pretty good. You beat me most games and I was the one that was supposedly pretty good. I blame it on y'all ganging up on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Uh huh, OK we'll leave it at that. :rotfl2:

Well, good thing...when you get ready to retire, you'll have a friendly (let's not talk about my looks please) face ready to help.

Unfortunately that's going to be at least 15 years. :sad: We both have good jobs that we have been at for 15 years so it doesn't make sense to move until we retire.

I think I need to start mentioning when I DON'T have a problem with MDE. Much less typing that way.

True! I've been having the worse time with the photos from this last trip. I did download some to my phone to use for the TR but every time I get on to download them to my computer so I can send to my SIL, it freezes up and gives me an error message.

I've never eaten at the Brown Derby (well Disney one), but I can't imagine anything topping Tiffins.

Another spoiler alert, I won't be going back to HBD any time soon if ever. Probably my least favorite meal of the trip. I am going to give Tiffins a try in May.

The TR for October is started! Here's a link.

Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets!

With that, I think I'm going to officially retire this PTR. I do have a trip coming up in May 2019 but that's going to be part of the Epic DIS trip that is being detailed here:

The Most Epic Pre-Trip Report

So I won't do a separate PTR for that trip, I'll just throw in some updates in my current TR when it gets closer to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter