The wedding pavilion to decorate or not to decorate?

We are just using the WP as is. When it came down to budgets, this was the first place we cut. After we took a look inside it is really pretty, plus i dont think people will take there eyes off of the giant window that has the Castle in the background. Until you walk in of course :goodvibes

Plus we figured that our service would only be about 20-30 min long so lets just put the money into stuff that we are going to enjoy longer.

I think I'm only going to be doing an aisle runner (plain white because the carpet is a bit much) and rose petals along the sides of the runner. I'm trying to cut the altar arrangement but I think my mom will have a cow if I have a bare altar lol! So I'll have the cheapest one if I have to have one.

we just had swagging and rose petals on the alter. The pavilion is so beautiful you dont really have to decorate that much! and our really complicated sand ceremony vases
l_a5d4b4c7bc944bfe941a41f04c9561fc.jpg

l_6731452f902e4e4db4b9040ba0b88fba.jpg

l_f9790bde191e42eca010979a627e3275.jpg

The bows were marine to match my dress and the ribbon in the swag is serene to match my MOH

we just had swagging and rose petals on the alter. The pavilion is so beautiful you dont really have to decorate that much! and our really complicated sand ceremony vases
l_a5d4b4c7bc944bfe941a41f04c9561fc.jpg

l_6731452f902e4e4db4b9040ba0b88fba.jpg

l_f9790bde191e42eca010979a627e3275.jpg

The bows were marine to match my dress and the ribbon in the swag is serene to match my MOH

Oooooo, I've never seen the swagging like this before. It really adds a nice pop of color and looks very elegant I love it!

We are just using the WP as is. When it came down to budgets, this was the first place we cut. After we took a look inside it is really pretty, plus i dont think people will take there eyes off of the giant window that has the Castle in the background. Until you walk in of course :goodvibes

Plus we figured that our service would only be about 20-30 min long so lets just put the money into stuff that we are going to enjoy longer.

After seeing the inside of this, I agree, for us, it's the 'Less is More' theme. It looks so elegant without the flowers and runner and we're not having a reception afterwards, instead we're just treating everyone to a Disney dinner and buying their ticket to 'Mickey's Merry Christmas Party' for the next night as we are getting married in December and we figured it would be another event that our family get together at and enjoy. All the pictures look beautiful having the WP all decorated, it's just a matter of personal preference. :bride:

Skyllar, I love your runner and the pedestals/columns! I definitely love that idea. If you don't mind sharing, how much did those things cost you? Did you decorate the pews?

And (sorry so many questions!) who was your photography? The black and whites are gorgeous!

Skyllar, I love your runner and the pedestals/columns! I definitely love that idea. If you don't mind sharing, how much did those things cost you? Did you decorate the pews?

And (sorry so many questions!) who was your photography? The black and whites are gorgeous!

Hi. We didn't use Disney for floral. We used the arrangements on the 'stage' for our centerpieces and I think they were around 400 a piece. I think each column in the aisle was about 250... so I'm estimating around $3,500 for the wedding pavilion total.

Thank you. Our photographer was Julia Bailey and we flew here in from New Orleans.

Good luck with your wedding planning.

I saw the wedding pavillion for the 1st time in person today, and it was breathtakingly beautiful! I think that it can work for both a lot of decor or just the minimum. The stained glass and the windows are gorgeous, so it would be really simple to get away with just rose petals!
Here are a few pics we took today:
Disney184p.jpg

(My 4 yr old son took this one. I wish he was a little taller, so he could have gotten the castle in the background.)
Disney179p.jpg

(My kids)
Disney186.jpg

Disney187.jpg

Disney173.jpg

Disney191.jpg

Disney189.jpg

Disney202.jpg

(This is through the doors - you can see my reflection in the glass)

Our wedding was in December, and we also looked to keep the cost down for the WP decorations. They did tulle bows with some evergreen and a single red rose and we put them on the first 4 rows of seats on each side along the aisle. It was simple, but really pretty and felt seasonally "right" for us. We did floral on the table that went around our candle, moved that for the head table, and otherwise, just had bouquets and boutonnieres.

Are you allow to bring your own decorations??? So far I got some fake leaves, pumpkins, vase and branches. Are there any restrictions? Will they let me use them? Also does anyone know how long and wide of an aisle runner I Would need? Hellp! :confused3

S<3 M - I have heard of people bringing their own pew bows and things like that. The only thing is you would need to designate someone to set it up for you since Disney will not set up any decorations you bring yourself. I have heard of people's planners helping with the aisle runner but when I asked Disney about that, and I was even willing to pay to have someone set it up, the answer was still no that one of my guests would have to do it.

CinderelliT - your pics are great! Although pictures really don't do the WP justice, I was overwhelmed by how beautiful it really is in person and I think if you needed to cut costs somewhere you could definitely go easy on the decorations in there and it would still be gorgeous.

S<3 M - I have heard of people bringing their own pew bows and things like that. The only thing is you would need to designate someone to set it up for you since Disney will not set up any decorations you bring yourself. I have heard of people's planners helping with the aisle runner but when I asked Disney about that, and I was even willing to pay to have someone set it up, the answer was still no that one of my guests would have to do it.

CinderelliT - your pics are great! Although pictures really don't do the WP justice, I was overwhelmed by how beautiful it really is in person and I think if you needed to cut costs somewhere you could definitely go easy on the decorations in there and it would still be gorgeous.

I agree pictures do not do the WP justice, it is just breathtaking. We are also getting married in December of 2010 and have decided to just have flowers on the alter with a unity candle, that's it, simple but yet elegant.:cool1:

I agree pictures do not do the WP justice, it is just breathtaking. We are also getting married in December of 2010 and have decided to just have flowers on the alter with a unity candle, that's it, simple but yet elegant.:cool1:
I am doing the same thing, just flowers on the altar, a runner, and rose petals down the aisle.

We're having an Escape at the WP and I don't intend to budget much for decor, but I'm worried because the colors for our fall wedding will be purple and deep orange...which totally, completely clashes with the WP carpet. I'm so jealous of those of you who have very light pastel colors and need to do so little to the WP to make it look gorgeous! I don't want our colors all over the place, they'll only be used in our floral and my accessories. I just don't know what to do to not look ridiculous walking down the pink and green aisle with my purple and orange flowers! It's not possible to cover the aisle entirely (width-wise) with an aisle runner, right?

Does anyone have tips? Has anyone else managed to 'cover' spots in the WP when utilizing 'darker' color schemes? Do you think if I got the longest, widest aisle runner and had petals in our colors sprinkled down the sides it would look odd?

The carpet is not that overpowering in person. Really, the windows are amazing - especially the one with the castle behind it. So, I wouldn't worry about your colors in there.

Also, I have seen pics with aisle runners wide enough to cover the carpet. I don't know if they were special order through Disney or not. I think there is a pic on the new disneywedding.com site that shows it.

Thanks for the info and reassurance! I think I'll try and find a wide, simple aisle runner and line it with silk petals in our colors. That and maybe some small arrangements around our sand ceremony are all I really want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter