The wedding pavilion to decorate or not to decorate?

Ann117

DIS Veteran
What have all you passed brides done or future brides going to do? Do you have pictures? Also can you bring your own isle runner and put down your own rose petals?

Judging from what I've read here and there, you can bring your own aisle runner, but they charge you for putting it down. I don't think you can bring your own rose petals to sprinkle, although you can bring in an outside florist for the Wedding Pavilion, so I could be wrong. As for decorating the WP, I think it might be gilding the lily a little to do more than an aisle and perhaps some altar decorations, but that's strictly opinion and WDW is all about gilding the lily! :rotfl:

We are planning on a runner and petals, and then arragements at the end of the front couple of pews. And also flowers on the alter incorporating the candle ceremony.

If you bring your own runner, they will not set up the runner for you, you have to designate one of your guests to do it.

We went with petals and an altar arrangement that doubled as a sweetheart table arrangement. I considered more arrangements on the side, but figured they would be covered up by the bridal party.

0247.jpg

It depends on what sort of thing you like :cutie: We had pillars down the aisle with vases of floating petals and candles on them, then will had a pillar at each side of the altar with a flower arrangement on and then on the altar we had lots of petals, 2 lanterns and our ring bearer frog :cloud9: Looking back, I wish we would have had an aisle runner as well - I debated about that for a long time whilst planning.

You can bring your own petals, but you will need to designate someone in your party to put them down. :thumbsup2

We had an isle runner and my planner put it down, no charge, but that might have changed. We also had arrangments at the front that doubled as centerpeices at the reception. And finally I made cone clusters to hang on the pews.

disney08105.jpg

disney08106.jpg

disney08107.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

We just used the tulle swagging and had the table center pieces on the alter. I'm glad we did have some decor in their, but I feel it would have looked just as nice without. When we went for the rehearsal the night before, there was no decor and was still a definite wow factor!

florida351.jpg

cm0080351809.jpg

So glad to see everyone's ideas come to life! It really helps me out, ladies!

Any other pics out there?!?!

It's so gorgeous in the inside you really don't have to do much at all ! We had the alter arrangement/unity candle set up that doubled as centerpiece for our head table as well as the swag with bows and an aisle runner with light petals.

Picture1435.jpg

Picture688.jpg

Picture1534.jpg

We plan on having just an alter arrangement, then that will go on our sweetheart table. No runner either.

When we went for our site visit and planning session I spent a lot of time in the wedding pavilion checking it out. I just felt it is such a beautiful place it doesn't need any additional decorations. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some really nice decorations done in there, but I am a minimalist. I think the space is beautiful on it's own.

For me... there was no way I was having that carpet in my pictures. So that pretty much made the decorating choice for me.

I had an aisle runner (that my sister made) and I used our centerpieces (three vases at different heights filled with water, rose petals, and a candle) line the aisle and on the altar. We also had rose petals on the edge of the aisle. The WP looked beautiful!!

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

How much is the tulle swagging along the aisle?

How much for the rose petals along the aisle?

Thanks!

Thanks everyone!!! All of your pictures are beautiful. I think I am going to go with an isle runner and rose petals. How long of an isle runner did you have to get?

I think that an aisle runner thru Disney is $75.
They originally charged me $300 for rose petals, I asked them if there was a way to reduce that so they did and charged me $150.
There was a move fee to have my centerpieces moved from the aisle to our tables. I don't remember what it was but it wasn't too much (I think less than $100)

I believe that my sister bought a 100 foot aisle runner and put the design about 40 feet in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter