The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all posters for the very helpful tips and info posted here! In about 12 weeks, we'll be arriving at WBC for our WDW vacation. I've stayed at half dozen other Wyndham properties, but will be my first stay at Bonnet Creek as well as my first ever trip to WDW!

Have a great trip! I'll be there one week from today and again in about 12 weeks (Sept 14th-22nd and Dec 6th-16th)!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We were also there this past May and loved it.

Have a great trip! I'll be there one week from today and again in about 12 weeks (Sept 14th-22nd and Dec 6th-16th)!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We were also there this past May and loved it.

TY! We're getting more excited as December gets closer. I'm sure it will be beyond our expectations! DH has been to WDW once, several years ago. First trip for me and for our 4-yr-old DD. Looking forward to being there all together, and seeing it for the first time especially through DD's eyes.

Already thinking I'd like to plan our next trip for May during the Flower & Garden Festival. (Just thinking way ahead, because it won't be May '14.)

Hope you have a great trip in Sept & another great trip in Dec!!

Mom has difficulty walking also has a handicap tag for her car. Do all the buildings have close handicap parking or do I need to say something at check in?

Mom has difficulty walking also has a handicap tag for her car. Do all the buildings have close handicap parking or do I need to say something at check in?

We were at Bonnet Creek this past May. My mom had an ECV and the one complaint I had about the resort was that there were not enough handicapped parking. There was some outside each building, but not enough. There were also quite a few people without handicap tags parking in those few spots. My mom called a young couple on it one morning. They got huffy, said BC didn't care and wouldn't do anything about it, so if they got there first they got the space. Sure enough they were right. We went to the front desk to report them (and others who were parked in those spaces without a handicap tag). When we came in that evening that same car was parked there again and continued to do so all week. All week we saw people in those spaces that did not have handicap tags and nothing was ever done. Most days we had to park in the garage. Thank goodness my mom had an ECV to ride from the parking garage to the building. We were in Tower 4, so close to the parking garage.

Hello everyone! I am looking into staying at BC in December and have been dealing with a very helpful gentleman by the name of Don (I believe his last name is Koehn). I found him through myresortnetwork.com. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with him before? I am nervous dealing with people online so just wanted to make sure he's legit. He has been great so I'm hoping he is. TIA! :thumbsup2

Can anyone provide me with the contact info for Shelby Resorts? I can't seem to find it anywhere! :confused3

Can anyone provide me with the contact info for Shelby Resorts? I can't seem to find it anywhere! :confused3

I contacted them through myresortnetwork.com. The email I have for them is shelbyresorts@comcast.net. Very nice people to do business with by the way. I have a one bedroom booked through them for Sept 14th-22nd. A friend of mine here on the DIS booked through them this past May and also for her Sept trip.

We were at Bonnet Creek this past May. My mom had an ECV and the one complaint I had about the resort was that there were not enough handicapped parking. There was some outside each building, but not enough. There were also quite a few people without handicap tags parking in those few spots. My mom called a young couple on it one morning. They got huffy, said BC didn't care and wouldn't do anything about it, so if they got there first they got the space. Sure enough they were right. We went to the front desk to report them (and others who were parked in those spaces without a handicap tag). When we came in that evening that same car was parked there again and continued to do so all week. All week we saw people in those spaces that did not have handicap tags and nothing was ever done. Most days we had to park in the garage. Thank goodness my mom had an ECV to ride from the parking garage to the building. We were in Tower 4, so close to the parking garage.
My observation on the handicapped parking was that the cars that were in the spots hardly moved while we were there. I would guess that building 5 has about 8 spots. I never noticed any cars without a permit though.

I imagine this info. is in this thread somewhere, but I can't find it...

Could someone please remind me if we need to bring the cone style coffee filters, or are there some in the room?

One more thing...I have seen all of your reports about what to say to avoid the timeshare sales. What happens if we simply skip going to the parking pass desk all together?

Could someone please remind me if we need to bring the cone style coffee filters, or are there some in the room?

One more thing...I have seen all of your reports about what to say to avoid the timeshare sales. What happens if we simply skip going to the parking pass desk all together?

They will give you 6 or 7 coffee filters....if you want more you need to get your own.

As far as the parking pass....some will say that yes, you can skip it and others will say no, you must get the pass. No one has confirmed 100% what the situation is. Personally, I was told by WBC staff, both yes and no about a pass. I opted to get one and left my DH in the villa when I got it....then told them I was divorced and unemployed. They handed me the pass with no further discussion. It was very easy and I will do it that way again.

They will give you 6 or 7 coffee filters....if you want more you need to get your own.

As far as the parking pass....some will say that yes, you can skip it and others will say no, you must get the pass. No one has confirmed 100% what the situation is. Personally, I was told by WBC staff, both yes and no about a pass. I opted to get one and left my DH in the villa when I got it....then told them I was divorced and unemployed. They handed me the pass with no further discussion. It was very easy and I will do it that way again.

If you tell them you are traveling without DH, then they won't bother you. Both spouses must be present for timeshare sales.

Katiecat said:

There are enough coffee filters for about 6 or 7 pots of coffee. We went to the desk and filled out some papers. No timeshare sales pitch after we said we are not in any position to buy. We also did not receive a parking pass. Not sure if they give any. I would say skip. When we go back we will skip the parking pass desk.

I have been lurking on this thread for a long time and very much appreciate all of the information provided, however, I have not been able to figure out whether or not one of the outdoor grills is located close to Building 6? We plan on doing an ADR for either breakfast or lunch each day but will do dinner at the resort and love to cook out. Thanks.

I just received a form from Vacation Strategies to fill in prior to arriving. Did anyone else get this form and does it save a lot of time on check in? I just print it out, fill in and take with me?

The groceries are left with front desk and stroller as well! I think you just pick up when you check-in. Last time I traveled I grocery shopped myself--NOT doing that this time! When are you going?

It seems that the grocery and stroller combo deliveries are no longer happening. I am renting our stroller from PKFamilyrentals. They have the ValcoZee strollers, which I prefer to the City Minis. They are better strollers, allow you to be flexible with drop off times with their equipment and don't penalize you. They include the raincovers and caddies. You can recognize your stroller much easier as the rest of the park is a sea of City Minis. The prices are comparable and for the service and peace of mind, I highly recommend them. That's just me.

It seems that the grocery and stroller combo deliveries are no longer happening. I am renting our stroller from PKFamilyrentals. They have the ValcoZee strollers, which I prefer to the City Minis. They are better strollers, allow you to be flexible with drop off times with their equipment and don't penalize you. They include the raincovers and caddies. You can recognize your stroller much easier as the rest of the park is a sea of City Minis. The prices are comparable and for the service and peace of mind, I highly recommend them. That's just me.

We didn't do combo order last time. I own a Bob double and will be using Kingdom Strollers because we like the Bob and are familiar with it!! I'm not fond of the City Mini!!

Has anyone actually had luck booking and then having the owner re-book at 60 days out to save money?

had planned on the city mini and now debating....we will have a 26lb, 22 month old who is 36 inches tall....what's not to like about the city mini?? What features do you like about the other options?

There are a few handicap spots by each tower. The issues however can come from the simple fact that there may be more people with permits in a tower than there are spots (Time Share ownership and resorts are very popular with the older crowd that may have a higher percentage of people with handicap permits..... plus the simple fact that not everyone with a permit necessarily needs a handicap accessible room depending upon their particular needs). Then you also have the case of abuse by those who don't have respect for those who need the spots. Personally I wouldn't think as much about someone without a permit on their car since IMHO it would be logical that with the high number of rentals and out of town guests that someone with a permit may not have it hanging in their rental due to forgetfulness or it's being used in their car back at the airport.

WORST case...... Each tower also has a little drop off loop by the front door. The loop is actually closer than the handicap parking spaces would be. You could always pick up and drop off your mom at the front door of the tower while you handle vehicle parking.

I have been lurking on this thread for a long time and very much appreciate all of the information provided, however, I have not been able to figure out whether or not one of the outdoor grills is located close to Building 6? We plan on doing an ADR for either breakfast or lunch each day but will do dinner at the resort and love to cook out. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, There is a set of grills between Towers 5 and 6.

Has anyone actually had luck booking and then having the owner re-book at 60 days out to save money?

Honestly, Most of the major commercial renters now factor in any point discounts and free upgrades they can utilize to bring down their point cost in their initial quotes. As the resort has become much more popular as a rental location many renter's have streamlined their processes and rates to make things as simple as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter