The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
asmit4 said:
We are going Nov. 16th for a short 3 nights.It's my mom and I with my son who will be 20 months. It's his first trip :) We had booked AoA LM room but my mom was adamant about having a second room of some sort due to napping and sleeping issues with my son. (where do you go when your kid is napping etc). So I was gonna upgrade to a family suite but I'm not real thrilled with that either. It's only 1 real bed and then there's the pull down and a sofa. I want my mom to have her own bed and I'll sleep with my 20 month old since he's not out of a crib yet and will need to kept safe in a 'big bed'.

SOOOO....I did some more research and even if we rent a car- it's 200 bucks cheaper to book Bonnet Creek. I can get a 2 bedroom for a great deal, have 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, 3 beds, a kitchen, and WAY better pools :)

My mom and I haven't driven in/around disney since the 90s so I'm a bit nervous about it but I'm sure we will be fine. BC looks amazing. It's 'on site' but not!

We used Google maps on our smart phones to get around. Never and issue doing it that way. Things are well marked though.

In light of the recent accident at AKV it got me thinking. Does anyone know if the doors to the balconies have locks located at the top of the doors so young children can't reach them?

I'd like to know myself. My DGD will be turning five during our trip.

Also, I'm assuming the business center is in building one, correct? And how many computers are there? Again, I'm assuming desktop computers.

Just found out I have to edit my Photopass pictures while on the trip (I'm sharing with someone going earlier in October).

Staying at bonnet creek for the first time in 17 short days!! Are there towels by the pool to use or should I pack them? Trying to save as much luggage space as possible and would love to leave them at home.

Thanks

You will need to check them out at one of the activities desks, but they are available at the resort so you don't need to worry about packing them.
They used to have them by the pools, but started the check-out process after running into shortage and disappearing towel issues a few years back.

Also rememeber that the room has a washer/dryer in it, so if you plan on running some laundry thru overnight or during the day while in the parks you can potentially save even more luggage space. :goodvibes

Also, I'm assuming the business center is in building one, correct? And how many computers are there? Again, I'm assuming desktop computers.

Just found out I have to edit my Photopass pictures while on the trip (I'm sharing with someone going earlier in October).

AKV issue? Shows how out of the loop I've been lately.

Anyways, the sliding doors in the deluxe units have a standard sliding-door type latch on the handle. Some of them between the latch itself and attempts to slide the door could be a bit too much for smaller kids to get open themselves due to the weight and center of gravity.

If you are really concerned about the sliding doors, then you can always also put a broom handle or other item along the door tracks to help wedge the door shut and keep it from being easily opened.

Business center... I can't recall exactly, but I want to say at least 2-3 computers per business center. There is one located near the Activities desk in the Main building, and I want to say they have another small one in Tower 6 near it's activity center, however I'm not sure on that one.

There is a business center in the main activity center, in tower 6 and in the wyndham grande hotel.

As for the sliding door, i'ts pretty heavy. There is of course a railing around the patio as well.

I know there is a fee for transportation to the parks (Which we wont be using as my wife and I have a rental car), But is there a fee to park at the resort if you are a guest?

We are renting a 2 bedroom and like everyone else would like the newer/newest buildings. What buildings are newest/redone most recently. I'd love to have granite countertops but not sure if that's possible with a 2 bedroom :)

We are renting a 2 bedroom and like everyone else would like the newer/newest buildings. What buildings are newest/redone most recently. I'd love to have granite countertops but not sure if that's possible with a 2 bedroom :)

The Newest tower is 6, with 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 as the newest to oldest in that order.
HOWEVER.... Towers 1, 2, and 3 were refurbed last year.

Unfortunately I can't recall off the top of my head which are the remaining towers without the granite counter tops.

DCTooTall said:
The Newest tower is 6, with 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 as the newest to oldest in that order.
HOWEVER.... Towers 1, 2, and 3 were refurbed last year.

Unfortunately I can't recall off the top of my head which are the remaining towers without the granite counter tops.

We stayed in tower 2 last week. It was recently refurbished and it did have granite countertops.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but why does it matter if the suite has granite?

It's just a preference. I have quartz at home and I just prefer it or granite. I can put a hot pot on it no problem and it doesn't stain with things like koolaid and such. I just don't like laminate counters.
Many people on the boards book the presidential suites to have the upgraded countertops, furnishings and stainless appliances. I am currently looking into it since that's what I have at home and I don't like to downgrade for a vacation.

The Wyndham Bus stops are at the Offsite bus locations for each park.

For MK: The Offsite buses drop off at the TTC. She would then need to take the Ferry or Monorail to the park entrance. (still potentially less walking than from a car since you could subtract the distance from the tram to the car, even if the distance from the bus drop to the monorail/ferry could be about the same as from the tram to the monorail/ferry).

Epcot: Offsite Buses drop off just past the onsite dropoff loops. Not THAT far a walk...

Studios: Just to the left past the onsite bus loops. Honestly not far at all from the entrance.

Animal Kingdom: Basically just past the parking lot tram dropoff in the little bus lot located there. Onsite buses are to the right, but offsite are to the left.

As for how easy it would be for her to do the buses, It really could depend on what kind of mobility issues she has or flexibility she needs. The Bonnet Creek shuttles run on a fixed schedule. If you miss a bus, it could be an hour before the next one.....or longer in the middle of the afternoon since past schedules posted here show a trend of running regularly in the morning and evening, but having a stretch in the afternoon when there aren't as many buses. Mobility wise, The shuttle is going to be a typical mass-transit style bus, and with the bus stop locations both at the resort and at the parks, could still require a bit of a hike on one or both ends of the journey. Would she be walking? ECV? Does she have issues with traveling distances or steps?

Thanks for the info. It may be a better idea to try BC on a trip without her.

Yes..just forward the email and indicate that you are hoping they will price match (they offer a price match guarantee....it is written in the email you receive when you ask for a quote).

Thought this might be good to know about VS price matching:

Vacation Stratiges won't price match since Aaron doens't currently have points. They said they could "wait until January 1st to see what the possible points are on that reservation and look at a possible price match for that booking time," but honestly the only reason I would have booked with them over Aaron is to get the reservation in earlier. Plus their "possible price match" when they avertise a garuanteed price match makes me uncomfortable working with them. Aaron is much nicer and quick to reply, so looks like I am waiting until January, unless I can find another qoute close in the meantime. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

We were in building 5 in June for 10 days. No granite and honestly I didn't care! I'm in Disney, not having granite countertops was the last thing on my mind!

Since it looks like the parking garage is utilized quite a bit. What towers are closet to the garage?

Tower 6 has it's own attached garage that is shared with the hotel.

There is also a Garage "between" towers 4 and 5.

Honestly, there is enough surface parking for towers 1,2, and 3 that you don't really need a garage on that side of the lake. There is also a decent amount of surface parking around Towers 5 and 6. Personally, I like the garages for the simple reason that i can park my car in it and it's out of the sun so it doesn't turn into an oven for when I finally decide to go someplace the next day.

Thank you to all posters for the very helpful tips and info posted here! In about 12 weeks, we'll be arriving at WBC for our WDW vacation. I've stayed at half dozen other Wyndham properties, but will be my first stay at Bonnet Creek as well as my first ever trip to WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter