The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

ALL the cousins - Kaycee and Patrick too? That is a big group going to the movies!

Maybe we'll forgive you, maybe not ;);) But have fun seeing Harry Potter! Dre and I saw it last night at midnight and I was definitely not dissapointed!!

I am taking my kids this morning.

Maybe we'll forgive you, maybe not ;);) But have fun seeing Harry Potter! Dre and I saw it last night at midnight and I was definitely not dissapointed!!

SWEET! I'm so excited :) I'm totally wearing my Gryffindor tie, shirt, and button (possibly my scarf if it doesn't get to 100 degrees today like it says on tv!

ALL the cousins - Kaycee and Patrick too? That is a big group going to the movies!

No, actually everyone except Kaycee. She's not here in California. BOO! :(

I am taking my kids this morning.

Have fun !! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Kaycee lives in Virginia, right? Or am I totally in the wrong region of the U.S.?:lmao::lmao:

Kaycee lives in Virginia, right? Or am I totally in the wrong region of the U.S.?:lmao::lmao:

She does :)

Unfortunately she had to go back to work and so she can't be here for our big family Harry Potter night. We usually go out to dinner before and watch the movie then talk about it afterwards haha !

She does :)

Unfortunately she had to go back to work and so she can't be here for our big family Harry Potter night. We usually go out to dinner before and watch the movie then talk about it afterwards haha !

Will she be part of the big bungFACE contingent at DLR in October? OH! And how cool is that about the DLR Halloween fireworks too? (Someone just posted about it today on the main DL forum, in the Space Mountain Halloween overlay thread.) Jack Skellington will be the Master of Scareamonies and the fireworks will feature the villains!!! Awesome!!! But the L.A. Times article that was quoted by this DIS-er does not mention the Haunted Mansion Holiday. They had BETTER bring back HMH, but I am worried they may not if they have Jack as MC of the fireworks event.

Will she be part of the big bungFACE contingent at DLR in October? OH! And how cool is that about the DLR Halloween fireworks too? (Someone just posted about it today on the main DL forum, in the Space Mountain Halloween overlay thread.) Jack Skellington will be the Master of Scareamonies and the fireworks will feature the villains!!! Awesome!!! But the L.A. Times article that was quoted by this DIS-er does not mention the Haunted Mansion Holiday. They had BETTER bring back HMH, but I am worried they may not if they have Jack as MC of the fireworks event.

YES she is, her and her boyfriend. Oh goodness that all sounds so fantastic!! GAH! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope you can come and say hi, that would be fantastic. Oh I hope they have the overlay, I'm going to be SOOO disappointed if they don't. Its my favorite part about the holidays! If Jack is around for the fireworks, he HAS to take over the Mansion. Thats just a must.

YES she is, her and her boyfriend. Oh goodness that all sounds so fantastic!! GAH! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope you can come and say hi, that would be fantastic. Oh I hope they have the overlay, I'm going to be SOOO disappointed if they don't. Its my favorite part about the holidays! If Jack is around for the fireworks, he HAS to take over the Mansion. Thats just a must.

That was my first thought - since the HMH is there and features Jack and crew, they want to make Jack more visible in DL by bringing him into the fireworks festivities too. I HOPE that is what their plan is, and not that they are trying to slowly phase out the HMH altogether (which has been a rumor for a while) and fill the Jack void with the fireworks. As for my plans, as you know, I am a continual state of up-in-the-air-ness! If I want to do the TOTP and see the Halloween fireworks (and believe me, I am usually not much of a fireworks person because it is tough to get anyone in my group to stand and wait for them, but I want to see these villain-themed fireworks), then we would HAVE to have at least an overnight stay, if not a couple of nights. If we did a day trip, my friend would not want to drive home at night after fireworks and the TOTP. But, again, the DLR hotel prices are so ridiculous in October - even with the AP discount - that it is hard to overlook the really good AP hotel prices in late September - but then I would miss the TOTP, which doesn't start until October. And then, if I go in October, would it be on your weekend or possibly on whatever weekend Courtney may go? Hmmm.... I am so confused!

Well, I will figure it out one way or the other. I am not missing all of this Halloween fun. And it only makes me foam at the mouth in anticipation of what they may come up with at DLR for Christmastime!!!:lmao::lmao: Too much holiday magic to handle in one year, between Halloweentime and Christmastime!

That was my first thought - since the HMH is there and features Jack and crew, they want to make Jack more visible in DL by bringing him into the fireworks festivities too. I HOPE that is what their plan is, and not that they are trying to slowly phase out the HMH altogether (which has been a rumor for a while) and fill the Jack void with the fireworks. As for my plans, as you know, I am a continual state of up-in-the-air-ness! If I want to do the TOTP and see the Halloween fireworks (and believe me, I am usually not much of a fireworks person because it is tough to get anyone in my group to stand and wait for them, but I want to see these villain-themed fireworks), then we would HAVE to have at least an overnight stay, if not a couple of nights. If we did a day trip, my friend would not want to drive home at night after fireworks and the TOTP. But, again, the DLR hotel prices are so ridiculous in October - even with the AP discount - that it is hard to overlook the really good AP hotel prices in late September - but then I would miss the TOTP, which doesn't start until October. And then, if I go in October, would it be on your weekend or possibly on whatever weekend Courtney may go? Hmmm.... I am so confused!

Well, I will figure it out one way or the other. I am not missing all of this Halloween fun. And it only makes me foam at the mouth in anticipation of what they may come up with at DLR for Christmastime!!!:lmao::lmao: Too much holiday magic to handle in one year, between Halloweentime and Christmastime!

Well, if you do happen to be there the weekend we are, we're going to watch the fireworks from NOS and you are more than welcome to sit with us because we sit and wait for them (we LOVE fireworks! especially if they are themed to special music). We won't be watching them on Friday because we'll be at MTOTP, but we'll be watching them on Saturday for sure!

I know what you mean about the Holidays. I love em both!! Its going to be so wonderful especially since the theme is Celebrate! If it would be a time to go all out on holidays, it should be when people are trying to go to the parks to celebrate them. I hope they do go all out for them!! EEK. I'm excited about halloween!

Well, if you do happen to be there the weekend we are, we're going to watch the fireworks from NOS and you are more than welcome to sit with us because we sit and wait for them (we LOVE fireworks! especially if they are themed to special music). We won't be watching them on Friday because we'll be at MTOTP, but we'll be watching them on Saturday for sure!

I know what you mean about the Holidays. I love em both!! Its going to be so wonderful especially since the theme is Celebrate! If it would be a time to go all out on holidays, it should be when people are trying to go to the parks to celebrate them. I hope they do go all out for them!! EEK. I'm excited about halloween!

I will take you up on it - if we end up at DLR for an overnight stay on your weekend, most likely my friends will bail or go back to the hotel and not want to sit and watch fireworks, so I will come and plunk myself down where you guys are! You will be able to get some really great Halloween fireworks nighttime shots!

Time flies by so fast - it seems like people were just beginning to talk on the DIS about last year's Halloweentime festivities, and already here we are and Halloweentime 2009 starts in 2 months and 10 days!!!:cool1::cool1: If I can just make it through the HOT months of August and September, then I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - Halloweentime season and Christmas season. Ahhhhh....relief!

And you are right - since this is a 'Celebration' year, they really should go all out, even more so than usual - for Christmastime, since they are for Halloweentime. The Storybook Land Canal Boats are shutting down in August and opening up on the exact day of the official start of the Holiday season at DLR, so I am guessing....possible holiday overlay on all the mini houses (like even more than what they have done in the previous years)?

I love your pictures. You have some awesome Trip reports. Plus, I think you have inspired me to give Minnie and Friends a try.

How was Harry Potttttteeerrrr!!??

I'm conflicted. I liked it, but I didn't at the same time because I read the book. So, IDK!!

I love your pictures. You have some awesome Trip reports. Plus, I think you have inspired me to give Minnie and Friends a try.

Thank you so much! I appreciate that you looked through them all because this thread is very LONG! You really should give Minnie & Friends a try and see it for yourself so you can decide whether or not you enjoy it. Its usually up to preference whether or not you like it, but I personally LOOOOVE the character interaction early in the morning. There are a BUNCH of photo ops there!

I'm conflicted. I liked it, but I didn't at the same time because I read the book. So, IDK!!

It's hard when they make movies from books, isn't it? I liked it but I am definitely left scratching my head at how they can leave out as much as they left out and expect for everything in the two Deathly Hallows movies to make any sense at all.

It's hard when they make movies from books, isn't it? I liked it but I am definitely left scratching my head at how they can leave out as much as they left out and expect for everything in the two Deathly Hallows movies to make any sense at all.

I KNOW. I guess I'm partly satisfied because of how long we had to wait for this film, but they left out SO much information that needed to be in it, not to mention some really great parts of the story that I would have loved to see translated on screen. BLEH. We'll see what happens with the last two though, right?

Well, I was kind of disappointed too. They left out some very important stuff. I think that they missed the boat with not showing Voldemort's mothers family. That went a long way towards explaining why he is the way he is.

I KNOW. I guess I'm partly satisfied because of how long we had to wait for this film, but they left out SO much information that needed to be in it, not to mention some really great parts of the story that I would have loved to see translated on screen. BLEH. We'll see what happens with the last two though, right?

Well, I was kind of disappointed too. They left out some very important stuff. I think that they missed the boat with not showing Voldemort's mothers family. That went a long way towards explaining why he is the way he is.

I will admit that most of it I can let slide because the cinematography and effects were great. As fasr as Dumbledore's other memories (the Gaunts, the other possible horcruxes, etc.) I can only hope that the reason they left them out of this one was to set up the next two films during the film. Why repeat information over and over? I'm sure they can write stuff in since they've changed so much already. Maybe add those extra memories to what he left behind in his will? Not so sure how they can re-write Harry seeing the diadem in the ROR though. And the whole "I am the half-blood Prince"part annoyed me too. It was just like, oh yeah, we forgot to add this in. I wanted more.

The only thing that really, really makes me angry is leaving out the funeral. How, how, how do they justify that? I don't buy the "everyone knew it was coming" excuse. Again, unless they add it to the first part of Deathly Hallows in place of the wedding (although they did cast a Bill Weasly and Fleur is returning).

I just don't know. Grr. I'm thinking about going to go see it again this morning after re-reading both HBP and DH.

I know it's got to be hard translatting a book that big to a movie, but I really didn't need all of the corny love stuff, even though it was funny at times. They could have easily put in either more about the HBP (seeing aas the name of the movie is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and not Harry Potter and the Raging Hormones) or about the horcruxes.

Now, one of the things I said to my kids on the way home was how much I think they missed the boat not having Bill and Fleur. That was a great part of the book.

Its funny that the both of you say what you missed out on because mine is a little different. I wanted there to be more of a fight in the castle when the Death Eaters show up because there was more in the book! When I watched the movie I was like "they're just walking out?"

OH & I was soo upset that Firenze wasn't even in it.

OH OH OH & YES, I agree about the funeral. They really needed the funeral in the movie. When I read the book I cried. It really need to be in there, but oh well. The movie was done. What can we do ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter