The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

wazowskiLOVER:)

Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How
I've realized that its going to be a pain in the butt to look through this whole thread to see the TRs and pictures, so if you wanna bypass all the convo, here is an index for pictures/Trs !

INDEX for all other TRs!

April '04 TR:
Day One, Two & Three

Engagement '06 TR:
Day One, Two, & Three

January '08 TR:
Day One
Day Two & Three

MTOTP TR:
Day One
Day Two & Three

January '09 TR:
Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four

Birthday TR:
Day One
Day Two
Day Three

Halloween Disneyland Trip!

Day One:

Hey everyone! !

I'm always on the DIS during my design history class (which I was in right when i wrote this!!) and I thought I'd take the time to talk about our trip. To start off with, we flew to Anaheim, which was a breeeeeze. It was very easy to get shuttles to our hotel (Desert Inn & Suites). We did not make ANY reservations for shuttles and just showed up to get a ride. We had 9 people and SNA Shuttle took us in two separate vans (4 & 5 people in each) and charged us $45 a van. Not too bad.

When we got to Desert Inn & Suites, we checked in. I booked a 2 parlor suite that fits 8 people (we put 10 in our room). I've stayed at this hotel before and thought it was just fine even though PLENTY of people have complained about it here on the DIS. I was happy about the rooms because they were VERY clean, re-decorated with a nice back splash of mocha on an accent wall. The bedding was also very pretty :) It looked very autumn-ish.

We had Vons send groceries to our hotel on the same day (which was very easy to do !! you can check it out here : http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=2&page=corphome) I had scheduled to get our delivery sent between 1 & 3pm and it arrived around 2:30. What I was bummed about was that they did NOT send any of the groceries that were needed to be refrigerated. In order to get your groceries delivered you needed to spend at least $50. I ordered 3 cases of water (24 in each), one 12 pack of coke, one 6 pack of diet Pepsi, 2 bags of lays chips, 2 bags of beef jerkey, 1 box of granola bars, a jug of orange juice, a package of breakfast hotpockets, and a package of jimmy dean breakfast biscuits. Those last 4 items did not come which didn't bother me much because I was just adding more things on the list so I could spend up to $50, so I called Vons and told them that some of my items didn't get sent. They were very nice about it and apologized. They took those items off of my visa (it took the next day for them to take it off).

I was really stoked about the people going on this trip because I'm very close to all of them separately and knew that they would all get a long (which they did :))

When we got to DL we were already heading towards a speed bump. When Shyboy72 and his sisters bought they’re tickets, they did not get activation receipts from the Disney Store. He was going back and forth on the phone then to the store in Oakridge trying to figure everything out. They said that we should go to guest services at the park to get it settled, so that is the first thing we did. When we first got there, the CM who first helped us said we would have to go back to the store to get it settled. We were furious. We live like 6 hours away. There is NO way that is happening. Ironically, 3 other families were waiting in line for the same issue. They bought their tickets at Disney stores as well. They managed to work everything out for us, but the family who was from Arizona had to buy NEW tickets and get their other tickets taken care of by the store they bought them from. It was RIDICULOUS. They said there is nothing they can do about it because the stores are run separately.

After all that, we finally got in the park! We headed straight for Indie since it was already 10 and Fantasyland was out of the question. The wait for Indie was 15 minutes !!! AMAZING ! I was so surprised since it was already 10 am on Friday and the wait times were so good. We got on Indie, Pirates, HMH, and Splash before heading to eat some gumbo at 12:30pm. Once we were done we headed towards Main Street. On the way there we went on the Jungle Cruise and went straight to Buzz ! That was pretty much a walk on. It was so fun. I kicked everyone’s butt.

l_a49f8a3f21554b97bdd855b99b6bbec2.jpg

family-7.jpg

family-3.jpg

family-6.jpg

l_0d4639d487ec4201bd238597eeb5f5f1.jpg

Before heading back to go to the hotel we rode Space (20 minute wait) and the Train. Shyboy72 & I had to get our pictures taken and our APs. We got there around 2 and only had to wait about 5 minutes to get it done ! WOOO ! We were waiting for some people in our group to get out of the Emporium before walking back to the hotel. When we got to the lobby we got our food from Vons minus the refrigerated foods and got settled.

family-2.jpg

family-9.jpg

Because it would take long for Kaycee & I to get all the makeup done we started right away. We still ended up behind on getting ready.

MTOTP-7-2.jpg

MTOTP-14.jpg

MTOTP-13.jpg

MTOTP-9-2.jpg

While walking toward the gates we got stopped by a woman asking if she could take a picture of us. OF COURSE we said yes !! It was so cool! We got to the turnstyles and quickly were let in. The mood was so great because there were people dancing in front of the HUGE candy corn ! We went straight towards Monster’s and starting collecting candy. Throughout the night we stopped a couple of places for treats (not a lot). Even though people from the first MTOTP said the lines were not long, they were for our night. It was PACKED. Of course it was though because the event was sold out.
We did not have to wait long for TOT which was great or for Monster’s. TSMM was a completely different story. The line wait said 30 minutes, but it was pretty much an hour. It was fine though because TheAXIOM dressed up as Barrel ‘broke necks’ as we say. People were taking double takes and kept saying how cool he looked. It was great !

MTOTP-8.jpg

MTOTP-18.jpg

MTOTP-10.jpg

We were getting realllly hungry during the party because we did not eat dinner yet. My younger sister-in-law wanted to get corn dogs so we went and tried to get some but it was CLOSED. We ended up getting slices of pizza at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. They were pretty big. I had the barbeque chicken. It was pretty good. I’m a waitress at a family owned pizza restaurant and I happen to believe that it is the best pizza on earth, so I’m picky on my pizza. They had a pizza called ‘Bodacious Sausage’ but I read it as bodalicious haha! Like a hybrid of bootylicious and bodacious; so hilarious!

MTOTP-11.jpg

MTOTP-17.jpg

At the end of the night, disneyL0VE, my cousin-in-law and I took pictures for the rest of the night!

MTOTP-22.jpg

More to come of the next two days :)

It looks like you all had a blast together. I Love all of the pictures.
Thanks for sharing!!

popcorn::

Nice TR! I look forward to more! Did you say the dates? Was your TOT party on October 10th? That's the day we left. The parks were so empty that morning, but had been busy all week. I figured everyone was sleeping in for the party.

:welcome: back wazowskiLOVER:)! Glad you had a great trip! You look so happy to be in the park in all of your photos. You have a beautiful smile, BTW.

We have always stayed at the Desert Inn and enjoyed it. My DS-17 says it's part of the tradition to be there and would probably never speak to me again if I booked us anywhere else. I am glad to hear that they have done some redecorating. Were the bedspreads new? They have had the same ones forever!
Also, when you had your grocery delivery made from Von's were you there for the delivery? I read somewhere that DI would accept deliveries for you but I am just a bit worried about doing that. :scared: It would be just my luck they decide I have to be present and not leave them. We we be arriving 30 minutes after Von's 2 hour delivery window begins. It would be nice to book it for 30 minutes before we arrive if they could leave it instead of having to wait for the next 2 hour window. Ugh! I hate making such decisions!

Well, you KNOW I want to hear more, more, more!!! And see more pictures! These photos really show all the fun you guys were having!

Oh, and by the way, I have ordered from Vons for probably the last 4 years, and 85% of the time, I have problems with them like that, where they bring my items to someone else's house, or numerous other issues much worse. Sometimes the customer service is horrible, sometimes it is okay. I am so exasperated with them but the only other viable option is Albertsons and their sales are not always as good so I am stuck with my horrible Vons (it may just be my area of town there the drivers and store personnel are all backwards, but maybe they are better in other areas of California).

And Mariezp is right - you do have a very lovely smile/face! You are a beautiful girl, and you look like a very happy one too!

popcorn::

Nice TR! I look forward to more! Did you say the dates? Was your TOT party on October 10th? That's the day we left. The parks were so empty that morning, but had been busy all week. I figured everyone was sleeping in for the party.

No I totally forgot! We were there from the 10th-12th! I know what you mean about it being empty during the day. I was surprised that even though we go started in the park at around 10, we got to do so many things !

:welcome: back wazowskiLOVER:)! Glad you had a great trip! You look so happy to be in the park in all of your photos. You have a beautiful smile, BTW.

We have always stayed at the Desert Inn and enjoyed it. My DS-17 says it's part of the tradition to be there and would probably never speak to me again if I booked us anywhere else. I am glad to hear that they have done some redecorating. Were the bedspreads new? They have had the same ones forever!
Also, when you had your grocery delivery made from Von's were you there for the delivery? I read somewhere that DI would accept deliveries for you but I am just a bit worried about doing that. :scared: It would be just my luck they decide I have to be present and not leave them. We we be arriving 30 minutes after Von's 2 hour delivery window begins. It would be nice to book it for 30 minutes before we arrive if they could leave it instead of having to wait for the next 2 hour window. Ugh! I hate making such decisions!

Thanks Marie :) Thats so sweet of you to say ! The last time we were at Desert Inn was in January, so i guess thats kind of recent. They looked different to me!

I talked to the people at Desert Inn and they had said all that Vons needs is the name under the reservation and they will hold it in the lobby for you. They even said that they would hold the refrigerated groceries in a refrigerator, but that didn't happen anyway. So you can be wherever you want while they deliver to the hotel ! The only down side is you have to spend at least $50. I have to say though, for the amount of people we had (11), the cases of water REALLY saved us money because we're all big water drinkers and that would have been expensive at the parks!

Well, you KNOW I want to hear more, more, more!!! And see more pictures! These photos really show all the fun you guys were having!

Oh, and by the way, I have ordered from Vons for probably the last 4 years, and 85% of the time, I have problems with them like that, where they bring my items to someone else's house, or numerous other issues much worse. Sometimes the customer service is horrible, sometimes it is okay. I am so exasperated with them but the only other viable option is Albertsons and their sales are not always as good so I am stuck with my horrible Vons (it may just be my area of town there the drivers and store personnel are all backwards, but maybe they are better in other areas of California).

And Mariezp is right - you do have a very lovely smile/face! You are a beautiful girl, and you look like a very happy one too!

Thanks Sherry :)

You know, I wasn't TOO disappointed. The only things I really wanted were the water, sodas, chips and beef jerky and I got all of those! I'm still in the process of doing the other days! I promise I'll get to them ;)

:goodvibes OOOH I cant wait to read more.... I got right into it. There is nothing better first thing in the morning as a good cup of coffee and a Dis trip report. Im really looking forward to hearing the rest. Great job on it by the way. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes OOOH I cant wait to read more.... I got right into it. There is nothing better first thing in the morning as a good cup of coffee and a Dis trip report. Im really looking forward to hearing the rest. Great job on it by the way. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad because I was worried that it would be annoying to hear about ! I will write more I promise!

Great TR so far! Can't wait to read more. Luv the pics, too, you all look like you were having a great time!

I'm so glad because I was worried that it would be annoying to hear about ! I will write more I promise!

I don't think many of us find TR's annoying over here! If anything, we all usually want more details, more pictures (I might be able to post some in just a few days - yay!), more report. I think, in a way, we all live vicariously through the other person's TR. We can pretend we are going on the trip too, and visiting DLR all over again (even if we just had our own trips), and we can all relate to the jubilation and disappointments that can occur during a DLR trip too, so we all feel in the same boat in some way.

I am glad you were okay with the Von's goof. I guess they delivered your missing items to someone else (a common occurrence) unless they were just out of stock. I have heard much better stories about them in Anaheim and other areas of California. Mine just sucks though. As I said, literally 85% of the time, they have messed up my order in some way over the last 4 years and they can't seem to improve. I am a big water drinker too - that and black coffee are pretty much all I drink all the time UNLESS I am at DLR, when I will splurge and drink soda sometimes. I guzzle water all day long, every day. Three weeks ago, I had a 4-hour window for delivery, so I had to stay home that whole time. They NEVER SHOWED UP AT ALL. I was totally out of drinkable water (my tap water is yucky) and expecting my cases of Arrowhead 24-pack. After much confusion and lame excuses, they agreed to deliver within a two hour window the next day, so I had to stay home again. Two hours came and went. No Vons delivery. They insisted they would credit my card for the delivery fee only, but they applied it to my Vons account, assuming I would be ordering from their stupid store ever again! I called and abandoned the polite, calm, tactful Sherry and started getting MAD. Finally, they gave me my delivery fee back to my card - more than TWO WEEKS LATER - but I will never get the six hours of my life I wasted waiting for them back!!!

But is always a pleasant surprise when a hot delivery guy shows up with my stuff;)

But is always a pleasant surprise when a hot delivery guy shows up with my stuff;)

Oh I BET. Right now, there is this pretty cute plumber guy at my house fixing some clogs we have. He has tats too and I'm a sucker for tats (having one myself;)) !!

Oh I BET. Right now, there is this pretty cute plumber guy at my house fixing some clogs we have. He has tats too and I'm a sucker for tats (having one myself;)) !!

Some tats are really sexy. (Remember, I used to work for that band back in the '80s and was surrounded by all kinds of people with tats on the Strip and I got used to them!) Sometimes people go overboard with them. I am not really into the guys who cover their entire bodies and neck and all that with tattoos, even though it is interesting to look at. I almost feel like saying, "What are you hiding?" But the right number of tattoos in the right locations can be very hot for a guy!

Most of my Vons delivery guys are not that hot, though. I have seen cuter guys delivering for Dominos! (I know Dominos is a bad word because you work in the place that serves the most awesome pizza - I wish I could try it! I LOVE good pizza! Dominos is basically cardboard with some sauce!)

Some tats are really sexy. (Remember, I used to work for that band back in the '80s and was surrounded by all kinds of people with tats on the Strip and I got used to them!) Sometimes people go overboard with them. I am not really into the guys who cover their entire bodies and neck and all that with tattoos, even though it is interesting to look at. I almost feel like saying, "What are you hiding?" But the right number of tattoos in the right locations can be very hot for a guy!

Most of my Vons delivery guys are not that hot, though. I have seen cuter guys delivering for Dominos! (I know Dominos is a bad word because you work in the place that serves the most awesome pizza - I wish I could try it! I LOVE good pizza! Dominos is basically cardboard with some sauce!)

Dominos IS cardboard with sauce ! I was just saying that last night !!!! Its so grossssss.

I agree about tats, I think i'm just a bit obsessed with tattoos though right now :) I can't help it !

Dominos IS cardboard with sauce ! I was just saying that last night !!!! Its so grossssss.

I agree about tats, I think i'm just a bit obsessed with tattoos though right now :) I can't help it !

Yeah, my friend Shawn (who you saw pictures of in the granny hat) is on a tattoo tear right now too. She started with one years ago, and all of a sudden, in the last year alone, I think she has gotten like three more! I think it is interesting when you know someone who has a tattoo for years and years, then you lose touch with them, see them again, and that old tattoo has been completely covered up with a new one. It is amazing how the artists can totally obliterate the old tattoo and make it into an all new one! That is talent!

Day Two:

(BTW, I hand painted our shirts and am IN LOVE WITH THEM!)
family-69.jpg

In the morning, we got some continental breakfast and got ready to go to the park. We went straight for Fantasyland and hit all of those rides before they got packed! It was a lot of fun taking pictures in line :)

(my fave picture, me & my dad:))
l_c25b734926dc414ea92780f13354271e.jpg

family-22.jpg

family-16.jpg

family-12.jpg

EricPat.jpg

family-2-2.jpg

After, we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The line wasn’t too long; it was about 30 minutes.

family-7-2.jpg

After, we checked in for our priority seating at BB. We had PS at 11:50 and we checked in at 11:15. When I first got there, everyone was gathered in the lobby because they had just first opened. I talked to the hostess and apparently my PS was on the 13th. I asked if we could have a PARTY OF 13 not having the PS on the 13th. We were leaving on the 12th so there was NO way that would work out (it was the 11th on Saturday). We had already been through SO many speed bumps at this point and I was NOT in the mood for more. At first she said that she could get us in but we would have to be split in a table of 6 and a table of 5 (two people backed out on the trip). After seeing our faces and how upset we were, they fit us all in.

family-34.jpg

family-37.jpg

Most of my family had never eaten at BB, so it was a new experience for some of them :) I have pictures of the various food we ate, but I’m planning on posting it on the sticky for dining reviews ! Our waiter’s name was Kevin and he was awesome ! He really took care of us and I was so glad after almost having our PS not happening.

After lunch we headed towards DCA because the people who didn’t go to MTOTP didn’t get to enjoy the park. Before we left we went on Jungle Cruise. We ended up taking A LOT of stops because stragglers kept looking in stores for stuff. It was getting people frustrated but it was understandable because they had never been there before and were just soo excited to be there. We went straight to TOT. The line was 30 minutes. It was a lot shorter at MTOTP but it was fine because we always have fun in line !

(tickle fight!)
family-44.jpg

we're so INTENSE! (in-tents.. get it? ;))
ride.jpg

After, we went to Screamin’ & the Orange Stinger. It was WAYYY to long of a wait for TSMM! By this time EVERYONE was exhausted to so we said ‘time to split up and do what you want to do’ so I stayed back and shopped with the youngins while the parents went back to rest. I finally got my ears !! I’ve never owned a pair and it was pretty exciting.

family-18-2.jpg

We finally got to the hotel around 4 and rested for about an hour and a half. It definitely wasn’t enough rest, but there were so many things we still wanted to see while we were there! We had Mc Donald’s for dinner just because its fast & cheap (ICK) and then headed towards DL. We went to Tomorrowland and waited about 35 minutes for Star Tours, then we went to Autopia and waited about 25 minutes. It was kind of busy that night! We tried to see how long Nemo was, but that was TOTALLY out of the question!

family-19-2.jpg

We all decided to wait for the Matterhorn. The wait was about 45 minutes, but it was too fun in line because we were all so tired that we were getting giddy and took ridiculous pictures. My fiancée and my cousin were taking pictures at the same time on purpose to get us in silly faces so I made obvious faces the whole time !! HAHA!

l_2985e3ae6bbd4c85b933c5274eae694f.jpg

l_14975d5a79114565b656a7e2ca3d5ccd.jpg

l_426a641a593f4fac9706b5dbeaf57bc5.jpg

After we watched the fireworks! I was sooo excited for this because I brought my Nikon and tripod. We sat at the Rivers of America. disneyL0VE and TheAXIOM bought tigger tails while we kept their place. It was fun to eat while walking after the fireworks. Since we were already in New Orleans Square we went on Pirates again (it was the shortest line there!). While on Pirates everyone was falling asleep on the boat. Most of them left for the hotel while TheAXIOM, my younger sister-inlaw, mom, uncle and I stayed back until closing. We went on HMH again… SOOOOOO fun! Then walked back towards Main Street and took pictures along the way! That was fun for me ;) That was the end of day two !!

fireworks-22sig-1.jpg

fireworks-2-1.jpg

I am loving your trip report, I have been a fan of you and your cousins make- up looks for a long time! Your fireworks and HMH pictures are so pretty! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter