The Walt Disney World Annual Passes Open for Sale

still on hold as well, 4 1/2 hours. I almost think that we've been put into a black hole where no one is monitoring. It shouldn't take this long. I'm going to have to hang up soon, maybe I will try later. So frustrating.

So, I probably should feel optimistic for my “17 minute” hold…..

Reporting back: I lucked out and got the absolute BEST phone CM to help me. True pixie dust. Not only was she able to upgrade our tickets from our package to APs, but she also helped me KEEP my park reservations so I didn't have to rebook them, AND she helped modify my other 2 reservations for November.

Shout out to Katrice, I want her to run my entire life!
This is something I’ve been waiting to hear about, did she seem to make it sound like a special situation or was it not issue to keep your previous reservations?

It's confusing. I got the note when paying that I had to go to Will Call to pick up the ticket and show ID. Some are saying that the expiration date shown after purchasing is the date by when you need to pick up your ticket. Someone else got a different expiration date of 12/31/99. I'm wondering if there are some issues with the purchase/link/activation process that need to be resolved. I don't want an activated ticket until I pick mine up in January.
Thank you, I'm so confused
If I'm going to spend 3k on APs I dont want them to start untill I go.

We are thinking of upgrading just my ticket to an annual pass.

We have tickets/passes for end of sept/oct and hotel reservations. (Split stay.)

can I upgrade now? does the clock for the year start the day of purchase or when we enter the park? Please understand I know things were done differently before but this is regarding the new pass not the ones sold before the pandemic.

Do we have to wait till we get there? I don’t want to waste my first day MK morning with this.

also… I do not want to lose our oct 1MK park passes…if we mess around with this, could we lose it?

we have a early sept trip planned for next year, which is why we were going to upgrade just my ticket. It is not a savings to upgrade both.

It's confusing. I got the note when paying that I had to go to Will Call to pick up the ticket and show ID. Some are saying that the expiration date shown after purchasing is the date by when you need to pick up your ticket. Someone else got a different expiration date of 12/31/99. I'm wondering if there are some issues with the purchase/link/activation process that need to be resolved. I don't want an activated ticket until I pick mine up in January.
i wonder if it has something to do with whether you choose will call or that florida id process. i just went with will call because i was afraid of messing up the other method and getting an error or dumped back into the queue. i wonder if the different exp dates have to do with that? mine says expires 9/7/2022 but i think that is the last date you can show up at will call to collect and activate the AP? just a guess. maybe someone else can chime in on this.

We are thinking of upgrading just my ticket to an annual pass.

We have tickets/passes for end of sept/oct and hotel reservations. (Split stay.)

can I upgrade now? does the clock for the year start the day of purchase or when we enter the park? Please understand I know things were done differently before but this is regarding the new pass not the ones sold before the pandemic.

Do we have to wait till we get there? I don’t want to waste my first day MK morning with this.

also… I do not want to lose our oct 1MK park passes…if we mess around with this, could we lose it?

we have a early sept trip planned for next year, which is why we were going to upgrade just my ticket. It is not a savings to upgrade both.
The clock starts the first day you enter the park with them OR the first day you enter the park with a ticket that you use to upgrade to an AP. You can do the upgrade ahead of time to avoid waiting in line at guest services, but you can always do the upgrade anytime after the first time you enter the park. In the past when I've done it, I've gone to GS in the middle of the day when I'm heading back out to my resort for a break.

This is something I’ve been waiting to hear about, did she seem to make it sound like a special situation or was it not issue to keep your previous reservations?

It was not an issue. She gave me the ticket reservation # and I just plugged that into MDE under "Link tickets" to assign the APs to myself/my husband. The park reservations never went anywhere.

So, I probably should feel optimistic for my “17 minute” hold…..
I was quoted a 10 minute wait... 4 hours ago. Hopefully your 17 minute wait is more accurate! I feel like I'm in a black hole after 6 hours. I could easily take over this hold spiel lady's job.

It seems I can buy then online but if you want to add Photopass or waterpark and sports, you HAVE to add it to all tickets. I only want Photopass on 2 of the tickets (family of 6 but the children would always be with us)
I only wanted the water park add on for 3 out of 4 passes, I added 3 with the water park add on, went back 2 or 3 pages to the pass selection screen and then added 1 without the water park add on to my cart and was able to buy them like that.

I was quoted a 10 minute wait... 4 hours ago. Hopefully your 17 minute wait is more accurate! I feel like I'm in a black hole after 6 hours. I could easily take over this hold spiel lady's job.

Whelp, it turned into a 100 hour wait. I would normally not try to purchase on the first day, but the rumors of limited AP tickets have me spooked.

Well, I was able to speak with a really nice CM. She had to transfer me to different department to upgrade the tickets, which is a 100 hour wait. So pretty sure that I’m taking a left turn into the black hole.
So at this rate, I should be happy to have someone help me by Sunday afternoon :crazy2: It sounds like I could drive down to Florida and get help sooner than trying to get through on the phone, ha!

So, I should be able to upgrade the regular tickets. And then are the package tickets just a wash?
You can keep the package tickets for a future renewal or upgrade. Or maybe you can drop the tickets from the package, and just have a room-only (or "basic package").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter