The Walt Disney Family Museum

@IncredibleboysMom, after they've visited the museum, can you post back with how your kids liked it? We'll be in SF mid July and want to visit it, but we are concerned that our kids 6,10,13 will get bored too quickly.

My husband and kids visited the museum this past Monday...and they loved it. They were there about 3 1/2 hours. Hubby said that there were a lot of interactive activities and the boys (ages 9 and 13) were never bored. They seemed to really enjoy and appreciate Walts ingenuity and have been sharing details with me since then. I say go!

My husband and kids visited the museum this past Monday...and they loved it. They were there about 3 1/2 hours. Hubby said that there were a lot of interactive activities and the boys (ages 9 and 13) were never bored. They seemed to really enjoy and appreciate Walts ingenuity and have been sharing details with me since then. I say go!

That's awesome. Thanks for the follow-up!!

Glad to hear younger kids have enjoyed it. I am taking my four children ages 7-15 on Saturday. Looking forward to it, especially with the new movie about Walt Disney coming soon.

My kid is only two. Not terribly interested in the beginning where Walt's early life was detailed, but once the old Mickey Mouse toys came into view it was plenty to keep a kid interested. The big model of Disneyland was also kid-friendly.

Of course we ended up playing a bit of hide and seek by the big window in the back. They had assorted places to hide.

This was a really great museum for my kids and I. The drive through downtown San Francisco is a little difficult but once there, what a great place to spend a few hours. We only had 1.5 hrs and easily could have doubled that (they close at six). Eleven galleries of art, photos, video and artifacts. Fantastic! My younger kids, ages 7 & 10, enjoyed it as well. Bonus: lots of Mary Blair, a nice surprise. We didn't make it to the temporary Sendak exhibit, unfortunately.

I'm so glad we got to visit during our cruise last September. Such a great tribute and it's a very well done and intersting museum. Lots of cool hands on stuff. No pictures allowed though.

Photography is allowed in all areas of the museum. (There are signs indicating so.) No flash pictures in the exhibits. Flash is allowed in the lobby and gift shop.
I just want to make sure people do bring their cameras and phones so they don't miss out.

I also enjoyed the Disney Museum. I didn't expect to spend as much time in there as I did but as you move around you get so involved in all the information and pieces throughout the museum that the time just flies by.
I have suggested to anyone I talk with who are visiting San Francisco to make sure and go the Disney Family Museum as they will not be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter