The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting more they way they hyped it up. But it was still a good episode. I was expecting someone to die and I'm so glad no one did!

I don't think Tyrese, Carol and Judith are there yet. I really wish they would've given us an idea on where Beth is. I'm assuming she is there though. I hope the question is eventually answered and we're not left with a mystery on that one.

I was also hoping to find out what happened to Beth. I did not like how vague Daryl was with Rick about Beth. He just said she was gone. Rick just kind of nodded.

I really enjoyed it and was stoked at the end with Rick's last words. He's back and the termites don't know who they are messing with!!!!

I think the flashbacks were to show how Rick has evolved and showing that Carl is evolving as well, as he should, since he's so young. I liked how Michonne and Carl have fun and bring some levity to the darks days they've had. Nice sides of their characters. I like how Rick called Daryl his brother showing him that is was ok for him to be with those guys since he was alone. I also don't think Rick needed to dig deeped into why Beth is gone - I don't think this group can think about the why's, who's, etc anymore. They ahve lost too many and it's just a coping mechanism now to not question it.

I loved it when the wierd nerdy guy that has on Glenn's riot gear said he thought Tara was hot!!! Made me laugh. I also liked how Glenn stood by Tara to help her. It was intresting how the shooting at Terminus was to corral the group to where they wanted them to go - def cannibals I think!!!

In all honesty, I really just liked the episode and thought it ended well. I do not want the whole next season to focus on Terminus though, I hope that all plays out early on so that the group can find a place to put down roots again for a while until the next battle.

On the TD last night the writer said next season will be nuclear, I think those were his words or something to that effect. Should be good!!!

on spoil the dead (always want to do the initials for that site, but just can't) they interviewed Kirkman and he said they will reveal the Terminus thing quickly and we will get answers in the first episode. They will let us know what Rick and his group are up against.

This image is making the rounds and was part of a deleted scene from last night's finale:

KkMr2OO.jpg

It now has me wondering if the Termites (heh) are pulling a Hershel in season two: Keeping zombified friends and family around, and feeding them (which Hershel didn't do, I don't think).

The name of the place, Terminus, was immediately a negative association. Terminal, terminated...Sounds like a place where bad things happen.

In regards to the scene with Rick taking out the bad guys I thought that was awesome. That's the kick butt Rick I've been waiting to see.

I couldn't get a good look at the room with the candles, but I think there were names on the ground of the people they sacrificed to eat? It said "Never again!" and "We first always" which makes me think that they were starving and had to eat their own, so they devised a plan so that they could eat others instead. The room with the candles was a memorial to those of their group they were forced to eat.

Yup. I went back and stopped on that screen. There is first and last names, candles and at most names some sort of nicknack that I assume belonged to that person. Looks definitely like some sort of shrine to each person they have killed. Guess it's their way to feel ok with what they are doing!

In the comics….(highlight) they do encounter a group of cannibals and they explain that at first they had kids with them but basically that they killed and ate them!. Terminus doesn't exist in the comics so we're all just guessing based on what we've seen.

I thought the episode was alright but too many commercials as always and I did feel the mention that I would be crying all summer was wrong. I expected at last a major character death. I have hope that they will get free. It didn't have a "finale" sort of intense final scene for me. I'm not dying to see the next episode. I can't wait to see it but I didn't get that cliff hanger feeling again.

The name of the place, Terminus, was immediately a negative association. Terminal, terminated...Sounds like a place where bad things happen.

In regards to the scene with Rick taking out the bad guys I thought that was awesome. That's the kick butt Rick I've been waiting to see.

I thought I read somewhere that Terminus was the original name for Atlanta...so maybe the characters being from GA might not see the negative connotation that we immediately got from the name

Yes Terminus comes from the original name of the city of Atlanta. But I like Termites LOL.
I can't imagine where that photo would have fit in last nights episode with walkers on chains. It doesn't seem like there is anyplace in the series of events where that would have fit?
Herschels family did feed the walkers, they fed them chickens. I don't think Termites would have reason to feed and keep walkers though. If you are eating people, you don't want them torn apart by walkers.

I thought I read somewhere that Terminus was the original name for Atlanta...so maybe the characters being from GA might not see the negative connotation that we immediately got from the name

Correct. From what I understand Terminus was an unofficial name for Atlanta prior to the Civil War when railroads were built and it was the "end of the line". Clever of the writers to tie that to the storyline, IMHO.

I was happy with the finale. Don't follow spoilers, so I wasn't expecting a major character to die and/or tearjerker ending. I also don't expect non-stop action, so enjoyed the flashback reminders of the arc of the story...the moments of humanity represented by characters vs. the ever present horrors.

I live in ATL and never knew that Terminus was its original name 'til The Walking Dead!

Where are the walkers?? Even at the prison they were at the fences, this place was just open and no walkers hanging around.. Odd there were plenty of walkers on the tracks that led them there and they just stopped about 2 miles out it seemed.

Regarding Beth... I don't think her being taken has to do with the Termites. They obviously know how to lead people through their own rabbit trap and herd them into their snares, that I can't imagine they'd go out looking to pick up random survivors and bring them back. That just doesn't make sense to me. Regarding Daryl... When he told Rick that she was gone, he just looked so defeated. He went from thinking everyone was gone, trying to let it go, pretending no one mattered anymore, protecting and forming a friendship with Beth, and then "failing" her. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it (since I'm one of the few people who seem to like the Daryl and Beth friendship! Ha), but I thought it was his way of apologizing that he couldn't save her.

I wonder if Daryl will tell Maggie what happened to Beth.
I didn't watch Talking Dead yet, so I'm glad they explained the flashbacks. I like this Rick & that he can do what needs to be done w/o losing himself.
DH thought the powdered milk was also for Judith, but I guess it's for them. At least, they are not making them eat the meat! My grandmother would feed us strange meat (like rabbit) & always say it's just chicken. I was waiting for someone to ask them what type of meat it is & hear them answer it's just chicken.
Morgan was listed in the episode guide for this epi, but he wasn't in it. I am confused.

Right? I kept saying that over and over and over again while it was happening. LOL I could not stop.

I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock and 45 minutes had already gone by!

That was how I felt, it was suddenly 55 minutes in and almost over!

Totally agree. They built up the finale and ...... It's just ...... Wompwomp! I'm not going to be crying all summer like they said.

I didn't think I would be crying all summer, but I was happy with this finale.

Eugene was standing in the back behind Bob and Sasha

was he? I don't remember seeing him but we kept the episode because I want to watch it again.

I thought the episode was ok although I do wish it was longer. I couldn't tell if the bad guy who was shot by the sniper was shot in the head or not. I'm hoping not so that he turns and bites all the terminus people so that everyone else can escape.

I think that would have been amazing, but not likely. I think someone there would have stabbed him the head pretty fast.

I thought it was just okay. Would have been better without all the hype. I was expecting so much more the way they talked it up and said we would be talking and sobbing all summer. :confused3

Was waiting for a "big character death." Happy everyone made it.

I don't think Rick hid the guns for Carol and Ty, he hid them in case something went wrong with Terminus and their guns were confiscated I guess .

Thought it was odd they didn't explain about Beth. Daryl was like, "she's just gone" and Rick was basically like, "mkay." I thought Rick would press for details, or that Daryl would explain that she was kidnapped.

I think that's exactly why he buried them. He told Daryl "just in case" or something similar. I just wonder what's going to happen next.....

Yeah, i do think they are the cannibals. When the group were running around they showed fresh, picked clean human bones. They were only shooting at feet b/c they don't want to waste their food.
I also thought it was a good epi, especially the beginning which was intense. But all the hype built it up more than it was. When it ended, I said "Thats' It??" The flashbacks didn't really help except to show Glen had the watch. Now we can blame Hershel for turning Rick into the farmer. No sign of Beth, so I am guessing she is somewhere else or already eaten. Tyrese & Carol still need to arrive.
I don't think the Terminus people have a chance when you have Rick, Daryl, Michonne, & Abraham together! Add Tyrese & it will be a smack down!

I liked the flashbacks, and didn't think Rick being a farmer was a bad thing. Hershel had some valid points for wanting a peaceful place to live. And they all learned some good things about growing fruits/veggies. I definitely agree that the Terminus people don't have a chance, especially when you add Tyrese and Carol back in the mix!

On talking dead they said the flash backs were to show the journey Rick has made and even how Carl has grown. It brought us full circle and now Rick is able to fight/kill without the guilt in order to protect his family.

:thumbsup2

on spoil the dead they are all talking about the episode. Honestly, those folks see more than I ever do in these episodes!

Someone posted that there was a powdered milk container and two bowls on the floor? I did not see this, but apparently Rick saw it. Some are saying it COULD be Judith's milk and the two bowls could be Ty's and Carols, so I guess they could be at Terminus already. Not sure what to make of it as I did not see the milk and bowls. Just pure speculation. They also said there were piles of human bones on the ground as they were running. Again, I did not see that.

Also, I guess the name of the episode was "A" When they were being herded by the gunshots, someone pointed out that every door they ran through was marked "A" I guess the people at terminus have herded others through the compound via gunshots, leading them to the train cars.

I swear I watched it but I did not pick up any of that!

The powdered milk and bowls were on the ground outside the train car they put them in. I don't know that they belong to Carol and Ty but I suppose that could be possible. I also saw the piles of bones so yes, those were there. And yes, they definitely looked like human bones to my uneducated eye.

Why ask to see their weapons and then give them back?? Hopefully Rick has a spare hidden. Kind of a let down these last few episodes. I think Beth was taken in the car by these people and eaten. No chain on the gates...come on! Daryl should have at least questioned that or Rick. My DD came in after the show was over and said "That was the big ending??" :sad2:

Where would he have a weapon hidden? lol I mean, they gave him a pat down, they gave them all a pat down. It would have to be a small weapon and stuck down inside his boots or something.
And yes, they didn't go in the front gates (as a PP said) so nothing for them to notice, I did wonder why Glenn, Maggie, Abraham didn't notice that in their episode.

This image is making the rounds and was part of a deleted scene from last night's finale:

KkMr2OO.jpg

It now has me wondering if the Termites (heh) are pulling a Hershel in season two: Keeping zombified friends and family around, and feeding them (which Hershel didn't do, I don't think).

Ok so THAT makes me wonder if they aren't keeping them to feed the zombies they are catching and then cooking up to eat. instead of being cannibals and eating people, they are eating zombies instead? So they would keep them alive long enough to kill them and feed them to the walkers, or simply feed them to the walkers alive (OMG horrible!) and then they eat the walkers.....again gross but possible.

Regarding Beth... I don't think her being taken has to do with the Termites. They obviously know how to lead people through their own rabbit trap and herd them into their snares, that I can't imagine they'd go out looking to pick up random survivors and bring them back. That just doesn't make sense to me. Regarding Daryl... When he told Rick that she was gone, he just looked so defeated. He went from thinking everyone was gone, trying to let it go, pretending no one mattered anymore, protecting and forming a friendship with Beth, and then "failing" her. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it (since I'm one of the few people who seem to like the Daryl and Beth friendship! Ha), but I thought it was his way of apologizing that he couldn't save her.

I wonder if Beth ends up with Carol and Ty? Maybe the guy in the car runs across them as well and since they know Beth they go with him? I don't know, just a thought. I don't think she's dead, I think she's still alive we just don't know where yet. And I think Daryl feels like he failed her because she's "just gone" and there was nothing he could do on foot. I also want to say that I like their friendship just fine, but I don't want them getting together in a sexual type of way.
I don't think that Carol & Ty are in Terminus yet, I think they are behind the others on the tracks, I'm pretty sure if they came in with a baby they wouldn't put her in a train car with the others, I think they would try to keep her for themselves and raise her in their society.

The guy shot by the sniper was shot in the head. It was in slow mo on TD and I had actually rewound that to watch again, because I wanted to see if the bullet came from the front of his head or the back, but he was definitely shot in the head.

I am fine with Daryl and Beth also as long as it's only friendship. I really want him to see Carol again.

I don't think they are eating walkers, wouldn't that make you sick, basically eating rotten meat?

I thought it was a pretty good episode. There had been so much speculation and analysis of clues, foilers and spoilers on Television Without Pity (which is where I usually go for most of my uncensored, non-family friendly TV show chatter) prior to it airing that I think we all built it up much more in our minds. Some thought the episode would be much worse (in terms of brutality) than it was. Some folks thought that things would go a totally different way. I think there were even a few folks who were hoping that Terminus would be a good place! We even pondered what the "A" meant before the show aired!

I read 3 detailed foilers last week (some of them were on IMDb), and I was convinced that they were all fake from start to finish. It turned out that there were actually bits of at least one of the foilers that were true -- including Rick stopping Carl from saving the random guy in the forest, and snipers shooting at everyone while at Terminus.

I really don't mind if Daryl and Beth get together. To me, it was clear that he had a little crush on her (right before she got kidnapped). I did not see a "brother-sister" vibe in that moment. I have never liked Beth, but her scenes with Daryl this season made me actually pay attention to her and I ended up liking her a bit more. When she was with him she seemed much more like a young woman to me, instead of a young girl.

However, that said, I'm not sure that Beth will even survive the next season, so I don't really count on anything happening between Beth and Daryl. I think she was kind of there to open his eyes to the fact that there are still good people out there -- that was her purpose for him. Maybe he will take that bit of insight and open up his heart to someone else down the road.

I would also have no problem if Carol and Tyreese got together. I think they'd make a nice couple. Again, I'm not sure that either or both will survive long enough for anything to happen, so I am not counting on it.

Finally, I would like to see Rick and Michonne together. I think they'd make a great pair -- they have a bond, which is obvious. That is a great foundation for everything else.

This show will never be about making a huge deal of romantic couplings, clearly, but it would be sweet if we got little hints that certain people were together. Sadly, there is so much terror and worry going on in this zombie apocalypse that our heroes and heroines have to constantly fight for their lives and can't settle down to have a bit of fun once in a while.

I'm glad that Rick and Daryl solidified their friendship/loyalty to each other because I have wanted Rick to have a good male friend since Shane went rogue. (Morgan would have filled the bill nicely, but Morgan wasn't in his right mind the last time he and Rick met up.) And I wanted Daryl to have a nice male buddy too.

Does anyone else wonder about all those Termites outside the fence with guns?

I mean, I can understand them hiding and "letting" Rick & Co. breach the perimeter into the compound, but wouldn't they have seen Rick burying the bag of guns? :confused3

Guess we'll see next year.

I'm also confused about something else.

How are they convincing people to eat people ? I know I wouldn't do that. Look at rick and them what they had going with the whole farmer thing. They didn't have to become cannibals to survive. They ate veggies. and had the pigs too lol.

And I still find it very odd, why there were no walkers hovering anywhere close to terminus ?

Do they have some in invisible walker deterrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter