The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping to see Morgan again. "Clear" was the best episode yet, IMHO.

.....And I still find it very odd, why there were no walkers hovering anywhere close to terminus ? Do they have some in invisible walker deterrent?
Not to be too gross or anything, but maybe with all the parts wasting away, there's a smell of "death" at Terminus, and it's a close enough smell to the zombies that they're not attracted to the area? They have enough people that they can do patrols outside of the fence (and keep an eye on groups getting close), that they easily dispatch of any close walkers? Although, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB wanted to focus on the "people are the real danger out there" story so walkers at the fence weren't necessary for that story line.

I don't think they try to convince new people to eat people b/c they eat the new people. I don't think they take anyone in to include them in the group. They know that strangers can be a danger & probably have lost some of their group b/c of it, so now they just eat the people who show up. That's my take on it at least.

I don't think they try to convince new people to eat people b/c they eat the new people. I don't think they take anyone in to include them in the group. They know that strangers can be a danger & probably have lost some of their group b/c of it, so now they just eat the people who show up. That's my take on it at least.

That is my take as well.
I wonder how long they can play things out in Terminus. They can't have multiple episodes inside a train car. And I would think when they get out of the car, things will go crazy. But who knows. The one guy, Gareth, in Terminus has been added as a regular for season 5, so that is rather interesting to me.

On a slightly OT note, I watch this show with my 18 year old dd. We watch on Sunday, then watch TD on Monday. It occurred to me as I turned of TD, she won't be at home to watch them with me next season :sad:. I just can't imagine not watching with her, and laughing at Chris Hardwick together, and yelling at the TV and squirming together. It's going to be so hard. Then she says, will I even get AMC in my dorm????? What if I can't???? LOL.

Was Eugene and the Hispanic girl missing from the train car?? Have they been eaten by the terminus cannibals!??

I wonder if Beth ends up with Carol and Ty? Maybe the guy in the car runs across them as well and since they know Beth they go with him? I don't know, just a thought. I don't think she's dead, I think she's still alive we just don't know where yet. And I think Daryl feels like he failed her because she's "just gone" and there was nothing he could do on foot. I also want to say that I like their friendship just fine, but I don't want them getting together in a sexual type of way.
I don't think that Carol & Ty are in Terminus yet, I think they are behind the others on the tracks, I'm pretty sure if they came in with a baby they wouldn't put her in a train car with the others, I think they would try to keep her for themselves and raise her in their society.

I want to believe that the car with the white cross in the back is protecting people from Terminus. Laying the trap in the funeral building and then grabbing them before they can go to Terminus. Maybe that is the only way to get people to believe them and go with them?? I know...too far fetched. Why would they have left Daryl behind then. But it could go down where this person (or people) saves Beth and they meet up with Carol and Tyrese. Then all of them find a way to help the others out of Terminus. :confused3
Well, it plays out good in my mind anyway :rotfl2:

I'm on the fence about the finale. I was glad I went back and watched the episode with Rick and the evil guys in the house. Cleared up a lot for me before watching the finale. I loved how that went down. Dh and I were cheering for Rick. We had no idea how they would get out of that situation. I also loved when Rick called Daryl his brother!!

The flashbacks were OK but there were a few too many for me. I understand why they were there but they got to the point (to me) that it started to take away from the episode instead of adding value. Mostly because there was so little actual episode in the first place.

And it ended with me feeling "that's it?" instead of OMG. The commercials were crazy again. With 45 minutes left, the show came back on for 6 minutes, then went into another 5-6 minutes of commercials (we were watching the clock), which only left 3-4 minutes to finish the episode.
After the mid-season finale, I was definitely left wanting more. But after this, I hate to admit it but I just don't have that same "I need to see more now" feeling. I definitely won't be crying from now until October :sad2:
I'm sure once it gets close again, I'll be amped and ready to go though :thumbsup2

I thought the post hiatus episodes were lackluster. Everything seemed to be a building to a huge finale. It just didn't pay off.

I understand that every episode can't be epic, but it seems the biggest thing that gets people excited about the show is speculation of the next big death. There needs to be some plan or goal to keep things interesting. That is why the first couple of seasons were so good.

My finale gripes...

I'm just tired of seeing Rick beat up. This guy has been bloody 90% of the time.

The guy in the circle of zombies? The zombies give him an easy escape route and he just stands there? Silly camera work and bad editing. The guy would have been smarter if he had survived this long.

Carl goes to bed without is gun? Nah.

Daryl just tells Rick that Beth is gone? Huh? How about some details? Or even some enthusiasm for trying to find her? Why wouldn't Daryl at least mention that Beth might be in Terminus?

Terminus. Ok, cannibals, but really makes them different from all the bad guys they have run a cross? Feels like Woodbury 2.0 with the dining plan.

No Carol

No Tyrese

No Beth

I hope the series starts to sway from the comics. I think that would keep the show fresh and stop a lot of the spoilers.

I was hoping the finale would get me interested in Season five. I may just hold out and watch the episodes after the season ends. I think the hiatus kills the momentum of the show.

Not to be too gross or anything, but maybe with all the parts wasting away, there's a smell of "death" at Terminus, and it's a close enough smell to the zombies that they're not attracted to the area? They have enough people that they can do patrols outside of the fence (and keep an eye on groups getting close), that they easily dispatch of any close walkers? Although, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB wanted to focus on the "people are the real danger out there" story so walkers at the fence weren't necessary for that story line.

But if that's true then wouldn't you think Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, Rick, etc etc would also smell it? But yes, I did wonder about that because the prison was surrounded by walkers and Terminus is not. I'm sure it's something we will figure out early in the next season but still.....lol

I think this is correct, I think that they eat the new people or they feed them to walkers and eat the walkers. And yes, to me that would be eating rotten meat but who knows...maybe they just take what they can from the new people who show up and then feed the rest to the walkers? Maybe the walkers help camouflage Terminus from the outside walkers? Like Michonne's walkers did when she first showed up.....?

That is my take as well.
I wonder how long they can play things out in Terminus. They can't have multiple episodes inside a train car. And I would think when they get out of the car, things will go crazy. But who knows. The one guy, Gareth, in Terminus has been added as a regular for season 5, so that is rather interesting to me.

On a slightly OT note, I watch this show with my 18 year old dd. We watch on Sunday, then watch TD on Monday. It occurred to me as I turned of TD, she won't be at home to watch them with me next season :sad:. I just can't imagine not watching with her, and laughing at Chris Hardwick together, and yelling at the TV and squirming together. It's going to be so hard. Then she says, will I even get AMC in my dorm????? What if I can't???? LOL.

When I was reading a synopsis for season 4 two of the characters that died very early on were listed as "regular characters", one of them actually died in the first or second episode of season 4. So that doesn't mean much IMO.
Get her Netflix, she'll be behind but she can watch it! LOL :)

I want to believe that the car with the white cross in the back is protecting people from Terminus. Laying the trap in the funeral building and then grabbing them before they can go to Terminus. Maybe that is the only way to get people to believe them and go with them?? I know...too far fetched. Why would they have left Daryl behind then. But it could go down where this person (or people) saves Beth and they meet up with Carol and Tyrese. Then all of them find a way to help the others out of Terminus. :confused3

I'm on the fence about the finale. I was glad I went back and watched the episode with Rick and the evil guys in the house. Cleared up a lot for me before watching the finale. I loved how that went down. Dh and I were cheering for Rick. We had no idea how they would get out of that situation. I also loved when Rick called Daryl his brother!!

The flashbacks were OK but there were a few too many for me. I understand why they were there but they got to the point (to me) that it started to take away from the episode instead of adding value. Mostly because there was so little actual episode in the first place.

And it ended with me feeling "that's it?" instead of OMG. The commercials were crazy again. With 45 minutes left, the show came back on for 6 minutes, then went into another 5-6 minutes of commercials (we were watching the clock), which only left 3-4 minutes to finish the episode.
After the mid-season finale, I was definitely left wanting more. But after this, I hate to admit it but I just don't have that same "I need to see more now" feeling. I definitely won't be crying from now until October :sad2:
I'm sure once it gets close again, I'll be amped and ready to go though :thumbsup2

that's what I'm wondering too.....and he may not have known Daryl was there, he may have thought Daryl was a lost cause, he may not have let Beth say anything about Daryl, just grabbed her and hit the road. That might explain why they left her backpack behind, they weren't going to need it where they were headed. I don't know but I think that Carol, Ty and Beth will very important to getting the rest of the crew out of there.....

How far behind is netflix? I thought they were a whole season behind and got the new season when the DVD came out?

How far behind is netflix? I thought they were a whole season behind and got the new season when the DVD came out?

Right now Netflix only goes to the end of Season 3. I'm not sure how long a season has to be over before they add it. I'm assuming not until after the dvd has been out for a bit.

DH and I watch this together while DS watches it at college and then we all discuss it.

However....

Between the murder of the two little girls and now the (attempted?) rape of Carl this week, I'm having some problems with it. As a mom, children in deadly peril really upset me, even when I know it's not "real". I closed my eyes during the scene with Carl this week (because I had read spoilers), and DH said it was only implied, but still, ick.

Terri

Right now Netflix only goes to the end of Season 3. I'm not sure how long a season has to be over before they add it. I'm assuming not until after the dvd has been out for a bit.

Well that wouldn't help her at all LOL, as I buy the BluRays. She could binge catch up when she is home, from the DVR, but she has friends who post spoilers. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to spend $$$ and buy it on ITunes.

DH and I watch this together while DS watches it at college and then we all discuss it.

However....

Between the murder of the two little girls and now the (attempted?) rape of Carl this week, I'm having some problems with it. As a mom, children in deadly peril really upset me, even when I know it's not "real". I closed my eyes during the scene with Carl this week (because I had read spoilers), and DH said it was only implied, but still, ick.

Terri

The Carl thing was very glossed over actually. I know what they were threatening, because of things posted here (which I wish I had not read), but my dd who is 18, did not even realize that is what they were getting at.

Regarding Daryl... When he told Rick that she was gone, he just looked so defeated. He went from thinking everyone was gone, trying to let it go, pretending no one mattered anymore, protecting and forming a friendship with Beth, and then "failing" her. I'm su
I think Daryl couldn't say what really happened to Beth in detail because he felt like he wasn't able to protect her, and Rick didn't push him because he didn't want to hear details. I'm sure Rick thought she was either eaten or turned while Daryl wasn't around and couldn't save/kill her. Neither one seemed to be in an emotional spot to be probing deep feelings/details at the time of that discussion, so I think they were both good to just let it go at that. Now, if they get a few quiet moments I'm sure Maggie will be wanting more details so it will be interesting to hear what Daryl says then.

The more I think about it, and considering Gareth (the leader of the Termites) has been made a season five regular... I think the Termites could be good guys.

Maybe they're corralling newbies to make sure they're not infected or overly hostile, before they allow them into the fold. I think the "weird" things we saw in the finale might just be red herrings and even explained away in the first episode of season five. Terminus could be the opposite of Woodbury: Woodbury seemed perfect, but the monster lived within. Terminus seems weird as heck but really isn't, they're just super protective of their people.

I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not.

The more I think about it, and considering Gareth (the leader of the Termites) has been made a season five regular... I think the Termites could be good guys.

Maybe they're corralling newbies to make sure they're not infected or overly hostile, before they allow them into the fold. I think the "weird" things we saw in the finale might just be red herrings and even explained away in the first episode of season five. Terminus could be the opposite of Woodbury: Woodbury seemed perfect, but the monster lived within. Terminus seems weird as heck but really isn't, they're just super protective of their people.

If they were good guys, I don't know how to explain that they took the possessions of the Glenn/Maggie gang and then locked them up in that train car. Oh, and the human skeletons (overly fresh by the look of them). :confused3

Anything is possible. Though why would they have stole all those belongings (poncho, backpack, pocket watch) if they were good?
An observation of mine: During the final flash back scene, Rick took the sheriffs hat off of Carl and put it on Beth while telling her she was the new "sheriff in town". I definitely think that scene is a bit of foreshadowing into season 5. I'm thinking she might be the one to save the crew from the termites.

I'm also confused about something else.

How are they convincing people to eat people ? I know I wouldn't do that. Look at rick and them what they had going with the whole farmer thing. They didn't have to become cannibals to survive. They ate veggies. and had the pigs too lol.

And I still find it very odd, why there were no walkers hovering anywhere close to terminus ?

Do they have some in invisible walker deterrent?

I think the crew outside the fence is the walker deterrent. If they've got patrols out to trap people who wander in, it makes sense that they'd need to keep the area clear of walkers so that those unsuspecting travelers don't get spooked before the trap springs.

As far as convincing people to eat people, I think the welcome plate is a test of sorts. If they tell newcomers what it is after they've eaten they can use their reactions at that point to separate new residents from future entrees. People willing to accept the cannibalism are welcomed into the fold, people who react with horror or violence or try to flee go into the train car.

That crossed my mind too. Anyone who didn't know Daryl would have understandably thought he was a goner given the number of walkers he was contending with, and might have forced Beth to go with them (hence the dropped bag) rather than leaving her to die waiting for/trying to save Daryl.

I see two ways that could play out. Either the house and the dog were a trap and the people in the car are bad guys, or the dog was just an animal trying to get home who unfortunately attracted walker attention and the people in the car are just more survivors without malicious intent. But I'm sort of leaning towards thinking they're going to turn out to be good guys because it would just flow so well to have Terminus - a place that seemed good but is anything but - balanced out by the presence of a group that seemed at first appearance to be bad/hostile but that turns out to be good.

Terminus. Ok, cannibals, but really makes them different from all the bad guys they have run a cross? Feels like Woodbury 2.0 with the dining plan.

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

If they were good guys, I don't know how to explain that they took the possessions of the Glenn/Maggie gang and then locked them up in that train car. Oh, and the human skeletons (overly fresh by the look of them). :confused3

Anything is possible. Though why would they have stole all those belongings (poncho, backpack, pocket watch) if they were good?
An observation of mine: During the final flash back scene, Rick took the sheriffs hat off of Carl and put it on Beth while telling her she was the new "sheriff in town". I definitely think that scene is a bit of foreshadowing into season 5. I'm thinking she might be the one to save the crew from the termites.

Perhaps they took the belongings because Glenn's group became hostile, or because the Termites confiscated them while Glenn's group is in isolation for observation (for illness, aggression, etc.).

The skeletons could be zombie remains, though I doubt it.

I just think there's more to Terminus and the Termites than them just being cannibals.

Regarding Beth being the new sheriff in town... I hope they turn her into the kind of character Andrea becomes in the comic book: Awesome.

can someone explain something.

When Michonne was talking to Carl about her past and her kid. Did she ever say what exactly happened to her child ? I don't think she did. Maybe I missed it. ????? I got the part about the 2 guys. One was her boyfriend. She said they were high ? And both were bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!