The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

The 16th was the 3rd Friday of June this year. And the 3rd Friday next year would be the 21st so that does make me nervous since our park days will be the 18th-22nd. I think I'll definitely plan to request a room on the pool side instead of parks and maybe that will help with noise. Maybe a lower floor would help too.
You should be Ok - for 2024 last day of school for LA is 6/11 or 12 -

https://www.lausd.org/cms/lib/CA010...23-24 Instructional Cal_Eng_Rev 6.20.2023.pdf

Phew. That makes me feel better. I'm wondering if I should still request to be on the pool side, just in case. Our next trip back will be in December 2025 so we can always request park view for that one.

I secured ALL of our dates now. Woohoo! I also have a few extra days added in case we want to push the trip a day either way. Right now we plan to drive and have pretty much decided on those dates. But if we change our minds and want to fly, we might change the dates. So we'll see! I'm really excited though. It will be our first official 'home' stay!

Last edited:
I have a question about noise. I am super sensitive to noise issues, like loud music/thumping bass. We are going in June and hopefully late enough in the month that we will miss grad nights. I heard those are pretty loud, especially if you're on the theme park side.

My husband said he think the restaurant/bar/whatever at the Grand Californian has music or maybe even live performers. Is that true? Can you hear in from the pool-side villa rooms?

I have a question about noise. I am super sensitive to noise issues, like loud music/thumping bass. We are going in June and hopefully late enough in the month that we will miss grad nights. I heard those are pretty loud, especially if you're on the theme park side.

My husband said he think the restaurant/bar/whatever at the Grand Californian has music or maybe even live performers. Is that true? Can you hear in from the pool-side villa rooms?
Yes they've had live music in the (very small) space in the Craftsman Lounge, and it replaces the typical hotel ambiance music via the speakers around the pool and in the covered walkways. So think of it as background music, not a loud concert, and nothing like you would hear from the Parks.

You probably have this info already: For quiet rooms, you will want to request Villas facing Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, followed by Pool side. Both will be quieter than the Park side, especially after those areas close at night. You might also mention sensitivity in the request; it can't hurt.

I'm not sure how white noise agrees with you, but we use an app on our phones in pretty much any hotel. It smooths out all the bumps in the night.

Unfortunately, there's not much out there that can block the music loop of Silly Symphony Swings, or the screams on Goofy's Sky School. :thumbsup2

We just returned from a short staycation at VGC. Our room 2520 was very quiet. We could hear some of the music from WoC but otherwise if the sliding glass door was closed, we really did not hear anything. I think between the trees and the lower floor, it really blocked a lot of the noise.

I also asked about when the refurb might be when I checked in as I know the rooms are in need (ours was in decent shape, but not all are). The cast member was not sure and went to ask a manager who said definitely in 2024, but they still do not have the dates yet.

Yes they've had live music in the (very small) space in the Craftsman Lounge, and it replaces the typical hotel ambiance music via the speakers around the pool and in the covered walkways. So think of it as background music, not a loud concert, and nothing like you would hear from the Parks.

You probably have this info already: For quiet rooms, you will want to request Villas facing Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, followed by Pool side. Both will be quieter than the Park side, especially after those areas close at night. You might also mention sensitivity in the request; it can't hurt.

I'm not sure how white noise agrees with you, but we use an app on our phones in pretty much any hotel. It smooths out all the bumps in the night.

Unfortunately, there's not much out there that can block the music loop of Silly Symphony Swings, or the screams on Goofy's Sky School. :thumbsup2

We do use white noise and it helps with a lot of sounds. It's really just loud, thumping bass that makes it through. For example, when we were at the Desert Inn on Harbor, I could hear the bass from the roof top bar at the Grand Legacy hotel. It was horrible.

We were actually in room 2260 at the Grand Californian last February. When the door was closed, I couldn't hear much from the parks except for World of Color but that doesn't last long so it wasn't a big deal, thankfully.

We could hear the music from there in our pool view 2 bedroom. It was a single singer if I recall.

Hmm...that doesn't sound too bad then. Do you by chance know how late it went on until?

We just returned from a short staycation at VGC. Our room 2520 was very quiet. We could hear some of the music from WoC but otherwise if the sliding glass door was closed, we really did not hear anything. I think between the trees and the lower floor, it really blocked a lot of the noise.

I also asked about when the refurb might be when I checked in as I know the rooms are in need (ours was in decent shape, but not all are). The cast member was not sure and went to ask a manager who said definitely in 2024, but they still do not have the dates yet.

Ooh...I hope the refurb really does happen soon! Well, maybe they can wait and start it AFTER our June trip though...ha!

Oh...another question. So I was on a FB group and I saw someone mention something about the studio villas at a WDW resort. They said that in the lock-off, they couldn't control the thermostat because it was in the other villa and not the studio portion. Is that for real?? Is this something I need to worry about in a studio villa at VGC?

Oh...another question. So I was on a FB group and I saw someone mention something about the studio villas at a WDW resort. They said that in the lock-off, they couldn't control the thermostat because it was in the other villa and not the studio portion. Is that for real?? Is this something I need to worry about in a studio villa at VGC?
I saw you post this in another thread. This isn't true to my experience at any resort I've ever stayed at in a Studio a part of a lock-off or adjoining. Including VGC, BRV, RIV, CCV, PVB, VGF, BWV, BCV. I think the person was going for controversy or confused.

We were in a studio at VGC earlier this week. I definitely changed the temperature setting on the thermostat in our room. It was too cold for us and I bumped it up a couple degrees and it definitely got warmer in the room.

I saw you post this in another thread. This isn't true to my experience at any resort I've ever stayed at in a Studio a part of a lock-off or adjoining. Including VGC, BRV, RIV, CCV, PVB, VGF, BWV, BCV. I think the person was going for controversy or confused.

Hopefully. I think they were at AKL but I can't remember and I didn't save the post.

We were in a studio at VGC earlier this week. I definitely changed the temperature setting on the thermostat in our room. It was too cold for us and I bumped it up a couple degrees and it definitely got warmer in the room.

Phew! Good to hear!

We've never been to DL during the Christmas season, and we are excited to give it a try next year. We usually go to DW the first week in December but am unsure of when the best time to go to DL would be. We definitely want to see all the holiday offerings, including the big tree at the VGC, so we don't want to go too early, but I would prefer to go the week before the week of Thanksgiving (so not the week of Thanksgiving) if everything will be up and ready by then, but December is fine, too. Is the weather and crowds the same in November and December? Any suggestions for the best week?

We've never been to DL during the Christmas season, and we are excited to give it a try next year. We usually go to DW the first week in December but am unsure of when the best time to go to DL would be. We definitely want to see all the holiday offerings, including the big tree at the VGC, so we don't want to go too early, but I would prefer to go the week before the week of Thanksgiving (so not the week of Thanksgiving) if everything will be up and ready by then, but December is fine, too. Is the weather and crowds the same in November and December? Any suggestions for the best week?
The weather will be very similar between November and December. The Christmas decorations in the parks are mostly up by the second weekend of November, but the special food offerings in the parks are usually still themed to fall and thanksgiving with some Christmas food specialities not coming and merchandise not out until after thanksgiving, such as the hand-made candy canes. I don’t know if Grand Cal will have their tree or lobby gingerbread house all completed before thanksgiving.

Thank you everyone for your help! I am glad to hear that either time is good, so we can decide between the two. I'm not usually a big fan of candy canes, but I am intrigued by a hand-made candy cane. :-)

I can't speak for November but we went the first week of December 2018 and had a great time and plan do go back during that same week in 2025. I have a hard time getting into a "Christmas mood" before Thanksgiving though so that's part of the reason I prefer early December.

Almost had a heart attack this morning... since when is Grand Cal one of my "home resorts" lol
I'm guessing just a glitch.? (i mean hopefully they send me a bill ;) )

*edit* For more context, I did recently request to purchase Grand Cal, so I'm guessing they tagged me in the system and that has something to do with this.

Attachments

• My-DVC.png
    My-DVC.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Almost had a heart attack this morning... since when is Grand Cal one of my "home resorts" lol
I'm guessing just a glitch.? (i mean hopefully they send me a bill ;) )

*edit* For more context, I did recently request to purchase Grand Cal, so I'm guessing they tagged me in the system and that has something to do with this.
Did you buy OTUP for an upcoming reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter