The ultimate split-stay thread

Personally from past experience I'd recommend doing what you consider the "nicer" room/experience last. That way you are looking forward to it rather than feeling disappointed you had to leave the nicer earlier.
Thanks! We are going from a one bedroom (onsite) to two bedroom (offsite) so maybe we will keep it like that. More space at the end the better, kids will be annoyed with each other.

Personally from past experience I'd recommend doing what you consider the "nicer" room/experience last. That way you are looking forward to it rather than feeling disappointed you had to leave the nicer earlier.
I agree, save the best for last!

I agree, save the best for last!
That's the problem. I don't know which will be nicer. I am guessing the AKV are better than Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but I'm thinking of using the more spacious option (WBC) for last. Nicer, probably not but after 2 weeks on the road together, the more space at the end the better is my guess!

So I have a dumb question - never done the split stay before- and I have read through this thread and maybe I just missed it. But I am checking out of AofA and moving to POR...If I leave my stuff with AofA bell services and ask them to transfer it for me, is it "in the room" when I get done with a day at the parks (probably after 3) or is it down in the POR bell services and I need to call them or go pick it up? How have experiences been with things showing up late from resort to resort transfers?

thanks!

I am coming from UK ...I have a 3 day RO ressie at AOA & then 10 day ressie at the Poly with free dining & tickets..Can i claim my tickets 3 days early ?

So I have a dumb question - never done the split stay before- and I have read through this thread and maybe I just missed it. But I am checking out of AofA and moving to POR...If I leave my stuff with AofA bell services and ask them to transfer it for me, is it "in the room" when I get done with a day at the parks (probably after 3) or is it down in the POR bell services and I need to call them or go pick it up? How have experiences been with things showing up late from resort to resort transfers?

thanks!
I figured you had to pick it up at bell services at the next resort. I'm wondering about this too now.

I figured you had to pick it up at bell services at the next resort. I'm wondering about this too now.

You can stop at bell services to check if they have arrived or call and have your luggage delivered once you are in your new room. I believe you must be in your room for them to deliver your bags. Have a great trip.

You can stop at bell services to check if they have arrived or call and have your luggage delivered once you are in your new room. I believe you must be in your room for them to deliver your bags. Have a great trip.
Yes, you do have to be in your room (unlike magical express) to have bell services bring you your transferred luggage. Your luggage will generally not be available till quite late afternoon. It's always a good idea to pack a day bag with important stuff including a swim suit if you would like to use the pool, etc.

thanks!
Your luggage will NOT be in you room after a day in the parks. Once you are in your room, call bell services at your new resort and have them deliver it to you. You must be present to get it ( unlike luggage delivery from magical express). Your luggage usually won't be available till very late afternoon, so pack a day bag with anything you will need before 5pm.

Considering a triple split-stay. My family has never done one, but I did a 2 night YC/ 2 night CR last October and it was great!

My family consists of all adults and we do not really unpack into rooms. The most we unpack is bathroom stuff, but that is organized into large ziplocks that can be packed up easily. Our fridge will have water bottles and no perishables. I am thinking our trip will be 7 nights, 8 days consisting of 2 AKL, 3 Poly, and 2 GF. The AK to Poly transfer day will be a Saturday and I figure we can relax at Poly since Saturdays can be crazy (especially during MNSSHP and MVMCP) and do the Luau for dinner. The Poly to GF day is planned as Disney Springs time. I figure the 2nd split should not be too bad since we can walk the path from Poly to GF.

Is this crazy?!

Considering a triple split-stay. My family has never done one, but I did a 2 night YC/ 2 night CR last October and it was great!

My family consists of all adults and we do not really unpack into rooms. The most we unpack is bathroom stuff, but that is organized into large ziplocks that can be packed up easily. Our fridge will have water bottles and no perishables. I am thinking our trip will be 7 nights, 8 days consisting of 2 AKL, 3 Poly, and 2 GF. The AK to Poly transfer day will be a Saturday and I figure we can relax at Poly since Saturdays can be crazy (especially during MNSSHP and MVMCP) and do the Luau for dinner. The Poly to GF day is planned as Disney Springs time. I figure the 2nd split should not be too bad since we can walk the path from Poly to GF.

Is this crazy?!
Not crazy at all. Two years ago I stayed in 5 Disney resorts over a two week stay. No problem at all. Have fun!

You should call & ask that a request is put on both reservations to stay in the same room. There is no guarantee but they will try if you request it.
I did that, I had the reservations linked and they said they will try to keep us in the same room, but not guaranteed like you mentioned. But with one less room to clean, we will probably have the same room.

Jumping back into this thread-Looks like we may have some more split stays coming up. Looking at renting points for August at OKW or SSR. Will start with off-site as I think we are driving and not wanting to waste $ on a resort we may not get to until late. In November we have off-site condo that runs Sun-Sun but usually cheaper flights from our local airport are Wed, Fri, or Sat so hoping I can sneak in an onsite night or two.

That's the problem. I don't know which will be nicer. I am guessing the AKV are better than Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but I'm thinking of using the more spacious option (WBC) for last. Nicer, probably not but after 2 weeks on the road together, the more space at the end the better is my guess!

We did this a couple years ago-6 night onsite (split) stay then offsite to spacious Marriott timeshare. OMG were we ready for space! and having full kitchen and W/D was heaven. I thought we'd miss the onsite part but we really didn't!

Is this crazy?!

Ha ha-I did my family crazy last trip : 3 CBR, 3BC, 7 nights Marriott Sabal Palms-but we had a one night at Universal Royal Pacific (was far cheaper to get a room than pay for EP for 5 people for 2 days-and with lots of CC points I even splurged and did club level there). We did build in an easy day on our disney resort transition day. And our condo/BC overlapped by 1 day-but I didn't want to be homeless for even a little bit. We did have a car so moving was easy though.

Split stay question. We are considering a night at SSR. We are renting DVC points for a few nights at AKL and while we love it there this will be our 3rd time in a row staying there so we would like to see some other resorts. We will only be in the parks (AK) 1/2 day Saturday and thought about switching to SSR for Sunday night to be close to DS for dining and evening entertainment options. I see most people check-out of one resort let Bell Services take their bags and head to the park until late afternoon when room is ready. My question is would it be possible to check-out, take our bags with us, check-in to new resort (have Bell Services hold our bags) and enjoy the pool/facilities until our room is ready?

would it be possible to check-out, take our bags with us, check-in to new resort (have Bell Services hold our bags) and enjoy the pool/facilities until our room is ready?
Yes, it is possible. If you have a lot of luggage it maybe a pain but there is no reason why you could not do this. It may get you into your room sooner.

Have a good trip.

Yes, it is possible. If you have a lot of luggage it maybe a pain but there is no reason why you could not do this. It may get you into your room sooner.

Have a good trip.

Thank you. We will not have much luggage at all but actually decided on Polynesian and confirmed reservations this afternoon. I think will just take our bags with us and take a taxi from Kidani to Poly Sunday morning. So excited!!

Just did 3 resorts in 5 nights. It was no big deal to pack up and move. We actually prefer getting to stay in multiple resorts and consider it part of the fun.

I've read a few of the split stay threads and they all mention to book a package with tickets at the first resort. We're staying at the Beach club for one night, poly bungalow for one night then the poly for 5 nights. If/When discounts come out I'd like to use that on the poly 5 night stay since it is the most expensive. Can I book that as a package with 7 day tickets? I know ADR 180 days would be different for all 3 stays but would the FP+ 60 day window start with my first stay? I don't think tickets are tied to a stay so they should be on my MDE for me to use the first night, correct?

I've read a few of the split stay threads and they all mention to book a package with tickets at the first resort. We're staying at the Beach club for one night, poly bungalow for one night then the poly for 5 nights. If/When discounts come out I'd like to use that on the poly 5 night stay since it is the most expensive. Can I book that as a package with 7 day tickets? I know ADR 180 days would be different for all 3 stays but would the FP+ 60 day window start with my first stay? I don't think tickets are tied to a stay so they should be on my MDE for me to use the first night, correct?
I had tickets tied to my second reservation and was still able to book FP when my window opened for my first room only night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter