The trip that almost isn't. Or, how I'm hoping to not go to WDW

Thanks. Not sure if it helped or not. It felt good while I was in the tub, but I could feel my kneecap being pushed around by the jets, so when I got out it was hurting worse than before. Guess the lesson to take away there is: don't use the water jets, just soak. Getting ready now to take my Ambien, another hydro, and my other prescribed meds and call it an early night. Here's to hoping that I can sleep well and wake up rested.

It was relaxing. Of course, I think a nap every day is a good thing. I should have never left kindergarten, lol.

Tomorrows plans are head back to US and get as much done of the stuff that I haven't gotten to yet. I'm using the suggested touring plans from UCT (the 2-day 2-park version) and have pretty much finished all of day 1. So really, tomorrow and Monday are devoted to day 2 of the touring plan.

I am kind of missing Disney. I'm really liking the other parks, but (IMHO) SeaWorld is pretty much "seen/done it once, I'm good", and while sections of US are extremely well themed, they just kind of jar my senses a bit much. Moving from Poseidon's Fury to Seuss Landing is a much bigger jolt that moving from FantasyLand to TomorrowLand - for example. I'm also (and granted, I've only spent part of 2 days at US so far) not seeing quite as much detail in the land themes as I have grown accustomed to at Disney, so yeah, it's definitely a bit of a change. At the same time, as much as I would love to go check out HS and Star Wars Weekend, in my current condition I really DON'T want to deal with the crowds. Other than that, I've done Disney at least once a year for the past 5 or so, so while I still keep finding things I hadn't seen before on previous trips, I've seen enough of it that I don't mind skipping it this time around. (Of course, it helps knowing that I have tentatively planned a 4-day getaway in Nov that is devoted strictly to Disney. DME, AK lodge, whole 9 yards). :-) [I guess I need to update my ticker]

I really thought hard about bringing my heating pad, and ultimately decided not to. I think it is just the type of pain I'm dealing with, but hot/cold packs aren't really affecting it any - other than the psychological benefit of "doing something".

And thanks for asking, but I'm making it. Some days are more painful than others, but every day is fun. I'm on vacation, I'm able to go on vacation, and I'm doing things I enjoy. So, I just try to focus on the positives and not the negatives. Cause really, what purpose would that serve? If I had focused on how bad I felt, I would have canceled the trip and stayed at home - where I would still be in pain (though maybe not quite as much, granted), but would have missed out on all the fun I am managing to have.

You're so smart to concentrate on the positives! That's how you have a great trip.

I'm so jealous you're on vacation & already planning November! No fair!!!!!

You're so smart to concentrate on the positives! That's how you have a great trip.

I'm so jealous you're on vacation & already planning November! No fair!!!!!

LOL. Yeah, I did it as a reward to myself when the ex moved out initially. Cashed in some of my DVC points - so the room was free, and got a great deal through SouthWest Airlines for roundtrip for less than $250. Of course, right now, it is kind of interesting. I have 2 nights booked in AKL, then over to BoardWalk, then back to AKL. The weekend I'm able to go is a RunDisney weekend, so by the time I booked no resort had all 4 nights in a row. Plus, the flight I booked leaves on Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night, so I might have to cancel the first night, which means I'll be shuffling rooms every night I'm there. I have a wait-list for that one night at AKL and I'm really praying that it comes through. I'm also praying that SW will offer a later flight on Wednesday and I can change my flight over (not to mention hoping that my principal will let me leave school early that day. I may just have to schedule a doctor appointment for just after lunch. Work a half-day, go to doctor, then head to airport.) ;-)

LOL. Yeah, I did it as a reward to myself when the ex moved out initially. Cashed in some of my DVC points - so the room was free, and got a great deal through SouthWest Airlines for roundtrip for less than $250. Of course, right now, it is kind of interesting. I have 2 nights booked in AKL, then over to BoardWalk, then back to AKL. The weekend I'm able to go is a RunDisney weekend, so by the time I booked no resort had all 4 nights in a row. Plus, the flight I booked leaves on Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night, so I might have to cancel the first night, which means I'll be shuffling rooms every night I'm there. I have a wait-list for that one night at AKL and I'm really praying that it comes through. I'm also praying that SW will offer a later flight on Wednesday and I can change my flight over (not to mention hoping that my principal will let me leave school early that day. I may just have to schedule a doctor appointment for just after lunch. Work a half-day, go to doctor, then head to airport.) ;-)

I like how you think about afternoon doctor appointments :teacher:

Sunday fun day: got up this morning and went back to US to try to get as many of the rest of the rides as I could. Got there before the gates officially opened, which was almost a mistake as several of the rides did not start until after opening. But after the rides started running, I managed to ride E.T. Adventure, Kudo's and Kang's Twirl & Hurl and the Simpson's ride, then over to MIB Alien Attack, and came back to Terminator 2 in 3D before having to go out to the parking lot to exchange my scooter with the rental company. I really like this company, they have excellent customer service. Anyway, came back in and went to ride Twister and headed to Diagon Alley to try a Butter Beer before catching the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade. Was hoping to ride some of the water rides, but by then it was a bit after noon and the parks were starting to get crowded. Wait times for RipSaw Falls was at an hour, so I wound up grabbing something to eat and coming back to the resort for another pain pill and a long (3 hour) nap.

I have to say that the Team Members at US were nicer today than on either of my previous 2 visits. Which is not to say that they were rude on the earlier visits, just seemed more outgoing today to be helpful. Contemplating a quick visit to the hot tub, and then taking my sleepy-time medicine and calling it an early night. So tomorrow I can head back to Isle of Adventure and try to get in a few of the rides there, especially some of the water rides.

Catching up with your report, glad you've been able to do so much!!Hopefully the pain from yesterday has subsided a little bit.

I hope Monday was good to you, dayvewc! (The silence scares me a bit. I hope you're just busy.)

:flower1::genie::flower1::genie:

Sounds like another nice day! How have the crowds been? When do you head back?

It was a good day. Crowds were worse over the weekend than last week, but not too bad until afternoon, and that has been when I head back to the resort to rest some. I am heading home Thursday morning, which is getting closer much too quickly!

I hope Monday was good to you, dayvewc! (The silence scares me a bit. I hope you're just busy.)

:flower1::genie::flower1::genie:

Monday was actually really good. Went back to Islands of Adventure and rode Dudley Dorights Ripsaw Falls, Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges, and got absolutely soaked on both of them. Then went through Jurassic Park and rode the River Adventure again (hey, I was already wet, why not). Before going on into Hogwarts to get on Flight of the Hippogriph (not as good as I was expecting) and HP Incredible Journey (really, really good!). On the way back to the front of the park, stopped and ate at Thunder Falls Terrace, and the food there was awesome. I think this may be the best quick service place I have ever eaten at in all my visits down here. Only problem was, after I ate I was too full to risk Dr. Doom's Fear Fall and The Hulk, so we went next door to US and watched Shrek in 4D. Cheesy, but fun.

Then, it was back to the resort, where I took a short nap before lounging in the hot tub for a while, and had to go out to Target to get a few last things for the rest of the week, followed by an early night.

Today, we are headed back to IoA to hit the Dueling Dragons (or whatever it's called), Fear Fall, and Hulk, then jumping over to SeaWorld to ride Kracken and Manta. And I'll have done everything I wanted to do this week, leaving tomorrow as a down day to do laundry and repack for the trip home Thursday.

Can't believe the vacation is almost over!

I'm expecting lots of pics when you get back!!!

Yes!! Photos please (when you can of course!)

Oh, I am going to be in lots of trouble. I haven't been taking as many pictures this time around. I had planned to originally, but for some reason, I just didn't get many. :-( I'm going to blame the pain-killers on this one. ;-) It seems like they make me have to really focus on what I'm doing all the time, and since I was focused on getting to the parks and doing everything, the pictures slipped by the wayside. I will get some of the resort before I leave, though, promise!

In other news of the day, I got to IoA about 8:40 this morning, and for the first time I was blocked from going into the full park b/c of early admission hours (I was not eligible). So, hung out until 9, then went in and rode Hulk (really good), Dr. Doom Fear Fall (really bad), and hustled way back to Hogsmeade to ride the Dragon Challenge (really good). On the way out of the park, I picked up my souvenir from US/IoA - a Jurassic Park towel.

It was by now a bit after 11, so we ate a sandwich in the car in the parking garage (sandwich courtesy of Target deli last night, refrigerated overnight and kept in my travel cooler with freezer pack all morning). Not a great lunch, but it was sufficient. Then headed over to SeaWorld where I road the Kraken and Manta, picked up a couple of souvenirs from SW (towel and 50th anniversary tote bags they had on sale for $2.50) and came back to the resort where I just woke from a 2 1/2 hour nap.

Pretty soon, I am headed down to the hot tub to soak for a while, and then we are planning to grill steaks tonight for dinner. They have been in the freezer since we got here, and I just realized I have not gotten them out to thaw. So, ending now, and will post more later (and the resort pics).

Oh, I am going to be in lots of trouble. I haven't been taking as many pictures this time around. I had planned to originally, but for some reason, I just didn't get many. :-( I'm going to blame the pain-killers on this one. ;-) It seems like they make me have to really focus on what I'm doing all the time, and since I was focused on getting to the parks and doing everything, the pictures slipped by the wayside. I will get some of the resort before I leave, though, promise!

In other news of the day, I got to IoA about 8:40 this morning, and for the first time I was blocked from going into the full park b/c of early admission hours (I was not eligible). So, hung out until 9, then went in and rode Hulk (really good), Dr. Doom Fear Fall (really bad), and hustled way back to Hogsmeade to ride the Dragon Challenge (really good). On the way out of the park, I picked up my souvenir from US/IoA - a Jurassic Park towel.

It was by now a bit after 11, so we ate a sandwich in the car in the parking garage (sandwich courtesy of Target deli last night, refrigerated overnight and kept in my travel cooler with freezer pack all morning). Not a great lunch, but it was sufficient. Then headed over to SeaWorld where I road the Kraken and Manta, picked up a couple of souvenirs from SW (towel and 50th anniversary tote bags they had on sale for $2.50) and came back to the resort where I just woke from a 2 1/2 hour nap.

Pretty soon, I am headed down to the hot tub to soak for a while, and then we are planning to grill steaks tonight for dinner. They have been in the freezer since we got here, and I just realized I have not gotten them out to thaw. So, ending now, and will post more later (and the resort pics).

No pics????:scared1:

Ok well I guess we'll give you a little leeway on the photos, considering this trip almost didn't happen! But....get snappin ;-) You've got one more day left right? Hope those steaks thawed :)

Sing with me... "School's out for summer...." YAY!! I only have three more days of work until I can totally Dis out all day long. I've been following along but sadly not posting because- well you know- the kids aren't as patient at the end of the year. IF you get a chance... could you tell me more about Kraken and Manta? They look amazing but I'm not sure I would be brave enough for them.
Here's to a wonderful Wednesday for you!

Hey Davy~ Just checking in. Hope all is going well for you. I think today is your travel day home? Two more days of work- curriculum planning and such. I got to do my online check in today and scored an 8am BOG breakfast this morning so I am having a very good Disney day. Thinking of you!!!

Sing with me... "School's out for summer...." YAY!! I only have three more days of work until I can totally Dis out all day long. I've been following along but sadly not posting because- well you know- the kids aren't as patient at the end of the year. IF you get a chance... could you tell me more about Kraken and Manta? They look amazing but I'm not sure I would be brave enough for them.
Here's to a wonderful Wednesday for you!

YAY!! I know I love when that last day of school happens!!

The Kraken is pretty much a traditional coaster. You get in an upright seat, the harness buckles down, and away you go with loops, barrel rolls, hills, and drops.

The Manta is similar to the Superman coaster I rode *cough* too many *cough* years ago at Six Flags Chicago. You get in the seat, the harness comes down, and then braces lock your ankles down. The entire cart swings up to the back so you are facing down, and away you go!!! After that, it is just hills, drops, curves, loops, and barrel rolls. ;-) If you like coasters at all, you'll love them.

In fact, the only coasters the entire trip that I had any problems on were the Rip Ride Rockit - discussed previously, I don't think I need to re-explain why I didn't enjoy it - and the Dragon Challenge. Which I actually really enjoyed that one all the way up until the quick brake at the end to slow down to re-enter the loading area. It braked a bit harder/quicker/faster/more unexpected than all of the other coasters, and I felt my knee "pop". Which was always a possibility when your legs are dangling on a coaster. I would definitely ride it again, just maybe not if I had the same or similar problems.

Hey Davy~ Just checking in. Hope all is going well for you. I think today is your travel day home? Two more days of work- curriculum planning and such. I got to do my online check in today and scored an 8am BOG breakfast this morning so I am having a very good Disney day. Thinking of you!!!

Woo-hoo on your ressie!! I did BOG for dinner a couple of years ago (summer of '13), and loved the restaurant - was not personally impressed with the food. Don't get me wrong, the food was really good, I'm just a very basic meat & potatoes & both vegetables (corn-on-the-cob and green beans) person. When you start doing fancy things to food, it just goes past me. Underdeveloped palate, maybe?

Good luck on the curriculum planning. I am taking most of July to get that done. It'll be "on my own time" so I won't get PD credit for it, so I'm fitting it in when I want. ;-) and vacation came first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter