The Time I Went and Got Married *Updated 8/23/2015

Wow ... id have been sleeping all day with a flight like that, but i get terrible jet lag anyway :(

I cant wait to see the wedding pics

Thank you! Yeah I was pretty surprised that rope drop at DHS was so amazing! Looks like we will be getting up early for every park from now on (which I'm sure Lee will love :rotfl2:)
I think it helps with the Jet Lag from England, but we make RD every day! But you definitely need to get Lee to every RD :rotfl::rotfl2:
Isn't the Minnie meet and greet so lovely and hidden! So good you found your family!
What a lovely afternoon! Naps are always a good thing as Disney tires you out!!
Can't wait to read more especially with the wedding coming up!!

Day 4: Wedding Day- June 15th Part One

This day actually starts at 1 am when I started freaking out. A lot had been happening over the last few days, combined with nerves and I was just kind of a mess. Luckily Chrissy and my mom saved the day and helped me out. They took a cab to the Pop to grab my phone and a few other things while I took a shower and relaxed a bit. Thank goodness I had them because I really needed it.

I watched Stacey and some true crime shows while they were gone :laughing:

Once they got back we set everything up for later and got some sleep.

At 4 am we got up and waited for the woman that would help us with our hair and makeup.

Her name was Lauren and she was from True Love Bridal Beauty. My mom had been reading about the best hair and makeup artists in Orlando and all of the reviews pointed to her. I am so glad my mom found her because she was amazing! She gave me exactly what I wanted and made me feel beautiful! :woohoo:

Getting my hair done! By the way, most of these are from my snapchat feed as Chrissy was taking photos for me today.

452.png

And here is the artistic wedding photo. Gotta have at least one, right?

450.jpg

And here is the finished product.

447.jpg

After my hair and makeup was done, Lauren helped my mom and sister and then we were off. We rushed downstairs to the limo that was waiting for us and made our way to our venue.

A few minutes later we pulled up at the Polynesian and met up with our wedding coordinator. She ran through the ceremony walkthrough on our way to the beach before handing me my flowers and wishing us good luck.

It was perfect. We were on the beach overlooking Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary Resort.

This was our view!

150.JPG

After our wedding ceremony ended we started our photo session with the Disney photographer. His name was Ali and he was amazing! He really took his time making sure we got some good photos.

While Lee and I were with Ali, the rest of the gang took some photos of my flowers and veil.

My flowers had a hidden Mickey!

158.JPG

Flowers and veil.

171.JPG

Occasionally we get along :P

208.JPG

Up Next: Photos at the Grand Floridian

Last edited:
Hi I'm here!!! I just read through everything you have written about your trip so far and I'm loving it! Congratulations on getting married!:goodvibes

I got my button!

390-png.110405
AHH I love Disney buttons! They are so much fun, and the CMs always seem to make an effort to recognize what you have on the button!

I love that trip to downtown. The scenery along the way is so pretty.

019-jpg.110414
It is so beautiful, especially at night! When the hot air balloon is up in the air and all lit up, it looks so magical!

Once we got there we got in the huge line for Earl of Sandwich. I had to have my Holiday sandwich! This was one of my all-time favorite meals while I was on my program and I had been thinking of it non-stop since I got home.
I love Earl of Sandwich! And the holiday sandwich is my favorite, I practically get that every time I go to EoS!
Also, that is so cool you took part in the Disney College Program. I am starting college in the fall, and my dream is to be accepted into the program while I am in school!

(I forgot to take most of the food pictures on this trip as I was always so hungry and impatient) :rotfl:
Oh yeah, I had the same thing happen to me, especially when you have a lot of people with you on a trip, everyone love to dig into their food, no pictures!!!:rotfl:
After our picture session we went back to Downtown Disney. We met up my best friends (They are actually all from the college program as well!) and went to Paradiso!
426-jpg.110538
How special is that! I hope to have as great of an experience with the program (hopefully I will be accepted) and meet great people like you did! It's great how you all were able to get together again for your wedding.

Her greeting area here was so cute!

436-jpg.110860

I love her meeting area at HS! Too bad they are getting rid of that whole building. I hope they give Minnie a good new home....:confused3
For the first time ever, we were going to 50’s Prime Time café!

Lee and I actually got two free Darth Vader cupcakes because the cast member at the register noticed our buttons! party:

The buttons are magical!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

And here is the artistic wedding photo. Gotta have at least one, right?

450-jpg.111885
You look so beautiful, like a princess! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!

And here is the finished product.

447-jpg.111884
Such a beautiful bride! How special it is to get married at Disney!:tinker:

Day 4: Wedding Day June 15th- Part Two ~ Photo Session at the Grand Floridian.

After our photo session with our photographer we all made our way to the Grand Floridian for more photos!

On the way there.

Days 1-4 (2).png

As soon as we got out of our limo, the lovely Richard helped me get into the lobby. He was so sweet and kind!

Days 1-4 (47).JPG

Photo session!

Days 1-4 (2).JPG

Such beauty. Much grace.

Days 1-4 (3).JPG

We moved outside after a bit so that people could use the staircase to get to their rooms :rotfl2:

Photobomb!

Days 1-4 (5).JPG

This one is my favorite :love:

Days 1-4 (4).JPG

After we finished taking pictures we all hurried back to the hotel to change and get ready for our ADR at 2 pm.

For the very first time ever we were going to….The Crystal Palace!!

On the bus!

Days 1-4 (9).jpg

By the time we got there we were all starving and, thus, didn’t get any pictures….what were we thinking?! It must’ve been the exhaustion.

After stuffing my face with mac n’ cheese and dancing around with the Hundred Acre Woods gang, I followed the family back out toward Main Street.

We had about an hour to hang out before I had to meet up with Kelly and Danielle so we just walked around and enjoyed the scenery for a bit. We also got some photos on Main Street.

Days 1-4 (2).jpeg

This is one of my favorites.

Days 1-4 (9).jpeg

At 4, I took the monorail to the Grand Floridian and met Kelly and Danielle at 1900 Park Fare!

We had another thirty minutes until our ADR so we explored a bit and got a photo on the balcony area!

Days 1-4 (10).jpg

Then it was time for food!

Did I have another ADR only an hour and a half after Crystal Palace? Yes, yes I did. Needless to say I focused more on pictures and dessert this round.

Up Next: Second Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

Last edited:
Hi I'm here!!! I just read through everything you have written about your trip so far and I'm loving it! Congratulations on getting married!:goodvibes

AHH I love Disney buttons! They are so much fun, and the CMs always seem to make an effort to recognize what you have on the button!

It is so beautiful, especially at night! When the hot air balloon is up in the air and all lit up, it looks so magical!

I love Earl of Sandwich! And the holiday sandwich is my favorite, I practically get that every time I go to EoS!
Also, that is so cool you took part in the Disney College Program. I am starting college in the fall, and my dream is to be accepted into the program while I am in school!

Oh yeah, I had the same thing happen to me, especially when you have a lot of people with you on a trip, everyone love to dig into their food, no pictures!!!:rotfl:

How special is that! I hope to have as great of an experience with the program (hopefully I will be accepted) and meet great people like you did! It's great how you all were able to get together again for your wedding.

I love her meeting area at HS! Too bad they are getting rid of that whole building. I hope they give Minnie a good new home....:confused3

The buttons are magical!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

You look so beautiful, like a princess! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous!

Such a beautiful bride! How special it is to get married at Disney!:tinker:

Thank you so much!!! My dress is actually from the Alfred Angelo Disney line and I just added straps. The DCP is an amazing experience and I definitely recommend it to everyone! If you ever have any questions about it just message me and I will help as best I can! :tink:

Following along! I have to say, I LOVE your dress! You look beautiful! Congrats on your wedding! Looking forward to hearing more!

Aw, nothing beats a Disney wedding!

You look amazing in your wedding photos :lovestruc:lovestruc So pretty!!

Congrats and best wishes for the future!!

Following along! I have to say, I LOVE your dress! You look beautiful! Congrats on your wedding! Looking forward to hearing more!

Thank you so much! That dress definitely made me feel like a princess princess:

Congrats!!!!

Thanks!

Aw, nothing beats a Disney wedding!

You look amazing in your wedding photos :lovestruc:lovestruc So pretty!!

Congrats and best wishes for the future!!

Thank you! Everyone at Disney that helped with the ceremony was amazing!

Congratulations On getting married. I hope you two have many happy years together. Beautiful wedding.

Thank you very much! Disney made an amazing day for us and I am so excited that we chose the Poly!

OK! All caught up...ready for the next installment...what is taking so long?!

Haha sorry I've been busy with work an family stuff. I will update today or tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter