The Time I Went and Got Married *Updated 8/23/2015

EpicPrincess

InnoPrincess
Hellllo there! My name is Tori and this is my very first trip report here on the disboards! :mickeyjum507.jpeg

A few things about me:

1. I am 22 and as you can probably tell from the title, I recently got married in Walt Disney World! His name is Lee and he is amazing. :love:

My favorite rides/attractions are: Spaceship Earth, Philharmagic, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain

My favorite park is Epcot

4. I have been to Disneyland countless times and I participated in the Walt Disney World College Program for Spring Advantage 2014. I worked Attractions as a Host/Hostess in Innoventions. I also occasionally worked Sum of All Thrills and the Illuminations show area.

My favorite character is Megara and my favorite princess is Belle.

And now introducing the man who puts up with my Disney crazy even though he doesn't understand it....Lee!

381.jpg

Lee is my partner in crime. My best friend and all that other mushy stuff. Like I said before, he isn't a huge fan of Disney but he does enjoy Marvel and Star Wars so it isn't too hard to convince him to come with me now.

His favorite rides are: Literally, in his own words, "All the mountains" so....there's that :rotfl2:
His
favorite character is Buzz Lightyear
And his
favorite park is Epcot

And for the other people traveling with us:

We started this trip with my mom, sister and my sister's boyfriend. We also met up with a few friends along the way to celebrate! Pictured here from left to right: In the back is Andy (Lee's best man), Lee, then Jameson (My sister's boyfriend). In the front it goes Me, Chrissy (My sister) and my mom. For the trip report I will mention my mom, Chrissy and Jameson quite often.

MK_MSCINEMA_7351868132.jpeg

Ok, now on to the trip!

We were in Disney World from June 12-20th.

For this trip we stayed in THREE different resorts! It was pretty hectic but, in the end, I am so glad we did.

Originally we were going to stay in Pop Century all week but then my mom (who was lovely enough to help us plan everything!) accidentally booked us a flight for the day before our original date so we booked an extra night at Port Orleans Riverside. Trust me, I was furious :rotfl:Then, we found out that we had some DVC points that we could use so Lee and I stayed at the Old Key West for two nights after the wedding ceremony!!

Before we left we made a pretty intense binder with all of our dining reservations, fastpasses and wedding must-dos so the vacation was pretty organized haha

Please let me know if there are mistakes or if the pictures aren't working as I don't quite know how to work all of this yet. :laughing:

Ok, up next: Flying to Disney and Checking In! :wave2:

Last edited:

Day 1: The Long Flight to Orlando- June 11th/12th

Today was a very busy day for me. I had work from 6 am-2 pm, then an interview at 2:30 for a possible promotion (I didn’t get but it’s ok because better things are coming my way :cool1:). After all that I got home, finished all of my last-minute packing and finally left for the airport around 8 pm.

We stopped at the Cheesecake Factory to meet up with Chrissy and Jameson.

Yum.

While we were there I spotted a hidden mickey in the building!

379.jpg

Disney on the brain haha

After our dinner we moved along to the airport and waited for our midnight flight to Chicago.

400.png

The flight was completely booked and they ended up checking Jameson’s and Chrissy’s bags. On our first flight we received blankets since it was an overnight. That was actually really nice because I could use it as a pillow :laughing:

Once we landed, we walked over to the nearest shop for food. It was still pretty early so not a lot was open but, luckily we found a bakery that was right by our gate! We got some bagels and orange juice and sat down.

As we were eating we saw our gate start to board. My mom and I looked at each other and, at first, we were like, “Oh that must be another flight” but then she remembered that ours was due to board in like 20 minutes so there was no way that was another plane so we shoveled the rest of the food in and raced over.

Unfortunately at this point Chrissy was feeling pretty sick so the flight was not very enjoyable for her. We were also surrounded by a family of 8 on this trip.

I don’t mind children at all but Lee was very tired and wanted to sleep so he was a little worried about this flight. Luckily they were all very nice and the kids were kept well-entertained haha

After another long flight we finally landed in Orlando!! :mickeyjum

We picked up our luggage and made our way to the Magical Express Bus. I love the Magical Express Bus!! The video that plays always gets me so excited for our vacation!

And then…We finally arrived at Port Orleans!!! We are officially on Disney property!

My mom went to go figure out some room stuff so we took a few pictures to pass the time.

389.png

I got my button!

390.png

Once we got our room number we were off! The room actually took us a while to find as there was some construction right in the middle of our path so we went through the parking lot.

Eventually we made it and dropped everything off. We all relaxed for a bit, most of us changed out of the grungy airport clothes and got ready for that Orlando heat!

382.jpg

At this point we realized we were all super hungry!

So we set off to the nearest quick service. On the way there Jameson found a toy dinosaur on one of the signs and took it.

If the owner of said dinosaur is reading this, I told him to put it back but he named it and said he would give it a good home so….I’m sorry for your loss.

008.JPG

After the kidnapping we continued along until we got to the food area by the lobby.

Unfortunately the woman that helped me here was not very friendly but the food was excellent.

Yummy Mac N’ Cheese.

387.jpg

After we ate and talked for awhile we explored the resort before returning to the room to crash. All of the flight drama and having been up for a good 30+ hours was really getting to me at this point.

So we all took a nap. And it was wonderful.

About 2 hours later we woke up and got ready for a trip to Downtown Disney.

On the way to the boat!

393.jpg

Just the girls.

396.jpg

I love that trip to downtown. The scenery along the way is so pretty.

019.JPG

Once we got there we got in the huge line for Earl of Sandwich. I had to have my Holiday sandwich! This was one of my all-time favorite meals while I was on my program and I had been thinking of it non-stop since I got home.

Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of it.

(I forgot to take most of the food pictures on this trip as I was always so hungry and impatient) :rotfl:

After we finished our sandwiches, we did a little shopping and ended the night with some Ghiradelli.

Phew! What a busy first day!

Next up: Downtown Disney Take Two!

Last edited:
Day 2: Downtown Disney Take Two- June 13th

Today was definitely the most relaxing day of the trip!

Around 10 am we all woke up and packed up our bags. We were headed to Pop Century!

We took a taxi over and checked in around 11:30. We got the 70’s room! :rainbow:

We lounged around for a bit, did some pin trading in the store and then got on the bus to Downtown Disney. I actually really like the bus system for Pop Century. We never really had to wait very long for a bus and the bus stops were right out front which was nice.

406.jpg

We got to Downtown Disney and made our way over to our ADR.

Mom and daughter picture with Anna and Elsa!

408.jpg

We passed by Rainforest café, not eating there today, crossed the bridge across the water and got to T-Rex. This was Jameson’s must-do so that’s where we were eating today.

411.jpg

Dinosaur!

029.JPG

We got seated and we were right by the Pterodactyl that screeched pretty much nonstop. Oh well haha

Since we had the dining plan for this trip we splurged for every meal. party:

I got the ribs and Lee got the steak. It was really good!!

After lunch we shopped around for a bit and then headed back to the Pop. We spent the rest of the day just relaxing and getting ready for my Bachelorette party!

413.jpg

421.jpg

After our picture session we went back to Downtown Disney. We met up my best friends (They are actually all from the college program as well!) and went to Paradiso!
426.jpg
From left to right it goes Neil, Danielle, Me, Kelly and Luke. We were all going to be hanging out throughout the week in the parks as well!

It was amazing! I am so happy that my friends could make it out for everything!

Next up: Star Wars Weekends

Last edited:
Day 3: Star Wars Weekends- June 14th Part One

041.JPG

It’s Star Wars Day!! Today was the last day of Star Wars Weekends so I knew it was gonna be busy. We got there pretty early and we were about 4th in line for rope drop.

049.JPG

Oh my gosh the opening show was so fun haha

051.JPG

Once we got through the tiny rope holding us back we followed the crowd to Toy Story Midway Mania.

I have never actually been to Hollywood Studios for opening so I was pretty shocked when we got on Toy Story in like 5 minutes!

For some reason I don’t have a picture of it but I got my average score which was around 180,000. Still working toward that 200,000!

After I destroyed everyone on Toy Story we walked over to toward the special shops open for Star Wars. On the way we saw a short line forming and walked over to check out what it was for.

Turns out it was for Darth Maul! He is Lee’s favorite so we decided to wait…and wait. After 20 minutes I decided to look up what time he would be coming out and it said 9 am! Considering that was 30 minutes from then we decided to leave and go shopping instead.

061.JPG

After we bought some cool stuff and built a lightsaber we made our way over to Star Tours. On the way there we saw the Once Upon a Time window!

431.jpg

The line was only a 10 minute wait so we hopped on!

We all split up after that with my mom, Chrissy and Jameson headed toward the animation building and Lee and I back toward Darth Maul to meet up with Kelly, Danielle, Luke and Neil!

We sat with them for a bit at Studio Catering Co. and got some water. It was so hot out!

After a bit we said goodbye to them as they had a fastpass for Tower and we made our way over to the Animation building.

We walked around a bit, looking for my mom and everyone but we couldn’t find them so we met Minnie instead! When we walked over there was no line so we figured it was closed but the attendant said we could walk right in! Yay!!

Her greeting area here was so cute!

436.jpg

She likes my ring.

441.jpg

Next Up: Part 2

Last edited:
Loved reading so far, love how you had your Bachelorette party at DTD so that your CP friends could join in!
DHS is so good at RD as it really helps with getting on TSM early!
Can't wait to read more!!

Loved reading so far, love how you had your Bachelorette party at DTD so that your CP friends could join in!
DHS is so good at RD as it really helps with getting on TSM early!
Can't wait to read more!!

Thank you! Yeah I was pretty surprised that rope drop at DHS was so amazing! Looks like we will be getting up early for every park from now on (which I'm sure Lee will love :rotfl2:)

Day 3: Star Wars Weekends -June 14th Part Two

After we finished hanging out with Minnie we got in line for the next animation class. Right before the class started I spotted my mom and called her over. They were actually the last group to make it in!

We drew Fred from Big Hero 6 which was really difficult! I was pretty surprised that they had us draw something so complicated :laughing:

We gathered our drawings and made our way to our ADR. For the first time ever, we were going to 50’s Prime Time café!

It was really good!

I got the chicken pot pie and Lee got the fried chicken. We ended up trading because that chicken was too good to pass up!

I also tried the peanut butter and jelly milkshake and really enjoyed it! It was actually not as sweet as I thought it would be and that was perfect! :love:

I actually would’ve taken pictures of everything but I was too afraid of getting in trouble haha

We walked through the shops for a bit afterward before we split up. Chrissy and Jameson were heading back to the hotel to relax for a bit before our fastpasses and Mom, Lee and I were off to check in to Old Key West to set up the room for tomorrow!!

We got to Old Key and checked in. Everyone was so nice!! We picked up the box holding my dress and got a lift to the room. It was pretty far from the main house but it had a really nice view of the water.

After we got everything moved in, Lee took his suit out of the suitcase and took the bus back to Pop while Mom and I took a nap.

We got a good two hours before we got back up and ready for our fastpasses for the night. We had missed our first one of the night for Star Tours but since we had gotten on it earlier we figured the sleep was more important

We met up with everyone (including Lee’s mom!!) at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

Lee likes to make fun of me…

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7351108786.jpeg

After that Chrissy, Jameson and I sat to the side while everyone went on Tower of Terror. I wish I could go on that ride because the theming is amazing but I can’t really handle drops so…

But we did get a good photo out of it!

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_7351159214.jpeg

After their terrifying drop we grabbed some dinner at the Fairfax Fare. Lee and I actually got two free Darth Vader cupcakes because the cast member at the register noticed our buttons! party:

Once we finished eating we met up with Kelly, Danielle, Neil and Luke again to watch the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic.

072.JPG

STUDIO_SUNSET3_7351225933.jpeg

Picture Frenzy!

093.JPG

096.JPG

108.JPG

126.JPG

After the show we said our goodbyes and split up. Mom, Chrissy and I went to Old Key West for the night as we all had an early day tomorrow.

I'm getting married!

Up Next: Wedding Day!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter