The things kids say...

I love how my 4 year old son thinks about ages based on what Lego set that he would then be old enough to have ... however he is going to be very disappointed when, despite the fact that he turns 14, we don't buy him the 3,000 piece Sandcrawler set

That's hysterical! Isn't it crazy how expensive some lego sets are!?

We were starting to pack last night and ds (5) saw his suitcase and started to get upset. "But mommy I won't fit in there."

For some reason he had in his head he was riding to Disney in the suitcase.

I mean... it might save you airfare? :D

"Mommy, do you not wear that dress because it makes your butt look big?" I think my daughter was 3.

Oh boy! :lmao:

I love this thread!!!!

Today a third grader proceeded to tell me about the "teacher laboratory where teachers hold secret parties" aka the faculty room. LOL

Growing up I always thought teacher institute days were like party days for teachers. Pizza, cake, slip and slides in the hallways, nothing but fun. Then I grew up and dated a teacher. Turns out that's not what happens at all. :lmao:

My daughter is yet to get into Harry Potter but just got invited to a Harry Potter themed party. The invite came as a scroll tied to a string from a white balloon with an owl drawn on it

She informed me she got a letter from "Warthogs" :|

You need to get on this. :smickey:

Growing up I always thought teacher institute days were like party days for teachers. Pizza, cake, slip and slides in the hallways, nothing but fun. Then I grew up and dated a teacher. Turns out that's not what happens at all. :lmao:

Love it! :rotfl2:

While my sister was pregnant with her second, her and her 18 month would play a little game. Mommy says "where's the baby" and her 18 month old points at her belly and says "baby".

Sure enough when we were out to dinner she pointed at our waitresses belly and looked at me asking "baby?".

My 7 yr old daughter told me that the Disney princesses are not real ,they are just girls dressed up like princesses, I told her they are real what's next are you going to tell me that there is no Santa Claus , she said no there is a Santa Claus we always see him at the mall.

When we met Anna Elsa, my 3 year old had a conversation with Anna about making water balloons. It then went to something like "We could make water balloons and then splash them on Elsa's head." Anna thought it was a great idea.

When we met Anna Elsa, my 3 year old had a conversation with Anna about making water balloons. It then went to something like "We could make water balloons and then splash them on Elsa's head." Anna thought it was a great idea.

Hahaha that's great!

I'm going off topic here, but your avatar reminded me of how I campaigned to have my sister name her new son Statler because she wanted something different. No luck though, Harrison won out.

My little one is three but doesn't talk yet as he got some development issues, which is not great, but at least when we're out I know he not going to say anything outrageous.

Unlike my cousin's daughter (5) who a few years ago while we were out in a busy shopping street asked me how old I was, when I told her she said quiet loudly "GOSH that is so old" - My cousin just fell about laughing!!

I'm going off topic here, but your avatar reminded me of how I campaigned to have my sister name her new son Statler because she wanted something different. No luck though, Harrison won out.

Haha, maybe a middle name next time.

I love the crazy stuff kids say. My nephew (4) just announced excitedly, "When I'm a grown up, I can go to a bar when I need to!" When asked why he would need to, the answer was, "I don't know, just to see it."

What crazy things have you heard kids say lately?
Too funny! Slightly off topic - When I was younger I was obsessed with going to a bar. I didn't even know anything about alcohol... I think it was just this mysterious place that always seemed so exciting as adults on TV etc were always talking about going to a bar, or the fun things they did at a bar... so in my head I just equated it with this amazingly fun place that only adults can attend. When I was seven we moved from CA to OK due to my dad's job, and until our house was built his company put us up for the summer in a really nice hotel. This hotel had a really nice bar in the lobby and it just killed me that I couldn't go in there. I remember my mom laughing at me and asking me why I wanted to go in the bar so badly, and I think my response was the same as your nephew's, "I don't know, I just want to!" Then I grew up and very rarely ever go to a bar! Funny how things change when we grow up!

Years ago, my nephew had to write an "interview paper" on a friend or family member. I was VERY honored when he picked me. Much less so when he asked "describe what life was like back in the days when they had horses and buggies like I see on TV".

No - he was NOT kidding! :rotfl2:

I also had to explain to him how to work a rotary phone, and what a "phone booth" was. Guess the idea of going into a clear-glass enclosed little cubicle with a phone, shelf, hanging phone book (guess that's even out of date now! LOL), accordian folding door, and seat IS kinda weird. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter