The Tenth Honeymoon is the Best One of Them All! - May '14 TR - COMPLETED 4/19

Back to Coronado, were we have a little bit of time to explore the resort:

We get on the Magical Express without a hitch, make it to the airport without a hitch...

...make our flight without a hitch, and arrive back in Philly without a hitch. Well, besides having to run back to the gate to get the "number 12" photo for this Trip Report.

Let's grab our luggage and head home. Back to work and school tomorrow!

Hold on, where's our last suitcase? It's not on the conveyor. And I'm pretty sure no one else took it, since it's pretty easily distinguishable from any other suitcase I've seen since 1982.

We file a claim, informing the Cast Member (wait, no. Just "worker". We're not in Disney anymore) that our luggage can be identified by the large Elsa doll inside it. It also had our new shirts in it, so the kids won't be wearing them to school the next day. Shame, because Dylan got an AWESOME "I Survived It's a Small World Shirt" from the Emporium, which he only wore once before saying he didn't like it anymore. I'm guessing it wasn't as much of a hit at school as it was with us. Oh, the days when we actually cared what other people think!

We followed the bag's whereabouts online, after a day of waiting for them to locate it (how did it end up in Tallahassee?), and eventually had all of our goods. Another Disney trip in the books, and another set of memories that won't fade any time soon. As were all of our other trips, this was a fantastic vacation, with a few small hiccups along the way that did little to harm the overall good time we had.

As I FINALLY wrap up this Trip Report (can't believe I'm typing that!), I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who followed along, and a huge SORRY to anyone's TR I haven't read. It's not because I don't love you!

Until 2015...

THE END

Aw, so sad it's over. :( But you'll be there again before you know it. I hope you do another TR this year. Yours are some of my favorites!

Aw, so sad it's over. :( But you'll be there again before you know it. I hope you do another TR this year. Yours are some of my favorites!

We don't go until June, but I've already started writing the Trip Report :)

Haven't posted any, yet. That'll happen shortly after we get back.

Now, keep updating yours! Need to see more of CBR!

Oh, and thanks! :)

...while Kristin tries the "Gnocchi Parisien à la Provençal (Parisian-style Dumplings with Vegetables and Mushrooms)", from France:

This looks delicious and its quite a bit of food. I totally want that!

So I've been sort of in and out of your TR but had to drop by for the grand finale. Do we get final thoughts?

Nothing like putting another great trip in the books.

When did you say you were going this year? Didn't you say summer? No more May? Say it isn't so?

We are going in August with my adult children and a girlfriend. I swore off summer trips when they graduated high school, but looks like I'll be taking one more.

Thanks for the fun TR. Looking forward to the next one.

Great report.

Thanks! I forgot how fun writing TRs is :)

Great trip report! Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you! You may have a cameo in the next one ;)

This looks delicious and its quite a bit of food. I totally want that!

There were so many good things to choose from, and you could use snack credits for most of them! Consdiering we typically have a bunch of those left to use up on the last day, that was perfect.

So I've been sort of in and out of your TR but had to drop by for the grand finale. Do we get final thoughts?

Ack! In my haste to complete, I knew I forgot a few things:

• The binge candy-buying on the last day, to use up even more snack credits
  • The story of Dylan jumping out of his seat on our nighttime ride on the Jungle Cruise, due to a very large bug making its way down the bench. It was like the entire right side of the boat was doing the wave on that one.
  • Final thoughts! And here they are:
We LOVE FastPass+ and the Magic Bands. It just made things so much easier. Sure, it requires planning, but we do that anyway, and it was a lot of fun booking and moving around FP+ reservations. Here's hoping they work out some of the kinks (booking FPs online for 2015 was much less bug-prone), and maximize the potential of the new system. It stinks we just missed the Mine Train grand opening, but that gives us something to look forward do this year.

When did you say you were going this year? Didn't you say summer? No more May? Say it isn't so?

Innnnnn Summmmmmmerrrrrrrrrr!

That's when we're going :)

June 8-19, to be specific. Stupid middle school! It's shaping up to be an exciting trip so far, though. So exciting, it requires even more bullet points:

• Staying at Caribbean Beach for the first time.
  • Seeing La Nouba, also for the first time.
  • A return to Le Cellier
  • Heat!
  • Crowds!
  • THE MINE TRAIN!

Can't wait. We're officially 7 weeks out now, but oddly enough, don't have a countdown on the refrigerator. That's because Kristin has given away most of our homemade number magnets, so I'll need to make more before we can get that going :)

We are going in August with my adult children and a girlfriend. I swore off summer trips when they graduated high school, but looks like I'll be taking one more.

I don't think I've been there in Summer since I was very, very young. If ever. It will be interesting. I think we're prepared for whatever it throws at us.

great report! loved reading it and looking forward to the next one.

Happy you enjoyed it! I already have an idea for how I'm going to start it. If you think this TR was ridiculous...

Thanks again, everyone!

Thanks for the TR again, Jon...always enjoy following your family adventures. I'm looking forward to trying the goods at the booths at Flower & Garden very soon. And, as always, love your Coronado pictures. I am in "shock" that you are trying the Caribbean this trip. I'll be curious to what you think.

So when are your dates for this year? Is it possible I might run into you and the family?

Thanks for the TR again, Jon...always enjoy following your family adventures. I'm looking forward to trying the goods at the booths at Flower & Garden very soon. And, as always, love your Coronado pictures. I am in "shock" that you are trying the Caribbean this trip. I'll be curious to what you think.

So when are your dates for this year? Is it possible I might run into you and the family?

No such luck :( We'll be there June 8-19. A KatMark DISmeet would be AWESOME, though I fear you may slap me for cheating on Coronado Springs :)

We booked CSR initially, then got talking and decided to switch it to CBR. Emily was NOT happy (she's a "continue traditions" kind of girl, which is a big reason we're making this trip in the first place - more in my upcoming TR on that), but we swayed her with the promise of a hair wrap. Kristin and I have also had periods of doubt about the switch. We're being optimistic, though. I can't imagine us hating CBR.

So your trip is about smack in the middle of my May trip and my July trip. :( I would have loved to have met you. Perhaps one of these days. I won't slap you for cheating. You may like it...go in with an open mind. I never thought I'd like the Boardwalk and I'm staying there again twice this year.

Jon ~

Thanks again for another wonderful trip report. I didn't post many replies but I was reading right along and enjoying every update. I hope you guys have a super fun trip in June. I'll be anxious to hear about CBR and how touring the parks in the summer goes.

I'm guessing the dark purple fish on your sushi was tuna? And the white fish on your sushi was, uh, white fish? In any case it looks tasty! We always go to WDW during the F&WF and it is awesome! We'll spend the entire day just eating & drinking at the various kiosk around World Showcase...heaven!

We don't have a Disney trip planned this year - BOO! Emily graduates from high school next month, then in July she's going to Europe (Spain & Germany) with her boyfriend & his family and then she starts college in August. So, it's a busy year for her!

I don't know if I ever mentioned that when I was in high school my family almost moved to Allentown. I was born & raised in Pittsburgh and my dad worked as a chemist for Lehigh Portland Cement. He was being promoted and the company was going to send him to either Allentown or northwest Indiana. My mom, siblings & I all hoped that we'd move to Allentown so we'd be closer to our family in NY-CT (and closer to our annual summer destination - Ocean City, MD). My dad hoped for Indiana because, while he was born & raised in NY, he went to college at Purdue and thought the people in Indiana were so nice. Well, we ended up moving to Indiana. And so it goes ...... :teeth:

Take care! I'll be keeping a lookout for your next TR.....
Debbie

I hope you guys have a super fun trip in June. I'll be anxious to hear about CBR and how touring the parks in the summer goes.

Thanks! I'm anxious about, too! 47 days and counting :)

I'm guessing the dark purple fish on your sushi was tuna? And the white fish on your sushi was, uh, white fish? In any case it looks tasty! We always go to WDW during the F&WF and it is awesome! We'll spend the entire day just eating & drinking at the various kiosk around World Showcase...heaven!

Your guess is correct! Well, I can't disprove it, so let's assume it's correct. I think you are correct, though :)

I'd love to go down there for F&W some time. Possibly when Kristin and I start taking couples trips!

We don't have a Disney trip planned this year - BOO! Emily graduates from high school next month, then in July she's going to Europe (Spain & Germany) with her boyfriend & his family and then she starts college in August. So, it's a busy year for her!

Disneyland Paris not an option? ;)

Should be a fun summer for her, even if it means no Disney trip for you! I've only been out of the country once (Jamaica). Kristin's been to France. One day, we'll expand our horizons.

I don't know if I ever mentioned that when I was in high school my family almost moved to Allentown. I was born & raised in Pittsburgh and my dad worked as a chemist for Lehigh Portland Cement. He was being promoted and the company was going to send him to either Allentown or northwest Indiana. My mom, siblings & I all hoped that we'd move to Allentown so we'd be closer to our family in NY-CT (and closer to our annual summer destination - Ocean City, MD). My dad hoped for Indiana because, while he was born & raised in NY, he went to college at Purdue and thought the people in Indiana were so nice. Well, we ended up moving to Indiana. And so it goes ...... :teeth:

I love living in the Lehigh Valley, and Allentown's been revitalizing their downtown in recent years (there's now an ALLENTOWN Brew Works!).

My only experience with Indiana was driving through there on the way to Chicago. I kid you not, the second we crossed the border into Indiana, John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses" came on the radio. I was certain there was a station near the border pumping that song out 24/7 :)

Take care! I'll be keeping a lookout for your next TR.....

I started writing it the other night, but won't post anything until after we get back. I "got the bug" now, and don't want to kill that momentum.

THANKS for reading!

Thanks for a great trip report! I can't wait until it's finally our turn to go and see at least some of what you were able to!

I randomly came across your trip report and really enjoyed it! We are getting ready for our trip in June, so this was a great thing to read to get us hyped up for it!! :)

Thanks for a great trip report! I can't wait until it's finally our turn to go and see at least some of what you were able to!

Make sure you write a TR about it!

Thanks for the compliment :)

I randomly came across your trip report and really enjoyed it! We are getting ready for our trip in June, so this was a great thing to read to get us hyped up for it!! :)

We'll be down there June 8-19, staying at CBR. If you see us, make sure you shout, "HEY, NILLA!" at the top of your lungs. Wouldn't be the first time we were recognized down there!

(note: it would be the third, and it's always been Emily who gets recognized ;))

BTW, JEALOUS of your Boardwalk reservations. At least we'll get to walk around there on the 15th, after our Cape May dinner.

Glad you found my report, and thanks for reading!

We'll be down there June 8-19, staying at CBR. If you see us, make sure you shout, "HEY, NILLA!" at the top of your lungs. Wouldn't be the first time we were recognized down there!

(note: it would be the third, and it's always been Emily who gets recognized ;))

BTW, JEALOUS of your Boardwalk reservations. At least we'll get to walk around there on the 15th, after our Cape May dinner.

Glad you found my report, and thanks for reading!

We will be there the 14th-20th! I will be sure to shout if I see you...or Emily!! :) We will be hanging out in EPCOT and the Boardwalk on the 15th so we just might see you! :) We are pretty excited to stay at the BW this year! I stayed at CBR one year and loved it! Such a beautiful resort. I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

We will be there the 14th-20th! I will be sure to shout if I see you...or Emily!! :) We will be hanging out in EPCOT and the Boardwalk on the 15th so we just might see you! :) We are pretty excited to stay at the BW this year! I stayed at CBR one year and loved it! Such a beautiful resort. I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

The 15th is our MK day. We typically eat at Cape May Clambake on either an Epcot or HS day, but didn't want to skip Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose (for the Fantasmic! package), Coral Reef, Biergarten, or Le Cellier). We booked too late to get BoG, so Cape May on a MK day it is!

Our next-door neighbors have BW as the Vacation Club home resort. I am even more jealous of them than I am of you :)

I think we'll definitely run into DISers this year!

Happy to hear a lot of glowing reviews for CBR on here. I'm excited.

Thank you so much for an amazing trip report! I have read many here, but this is the first time I've felt compelled to comment on one. I really like your writing style! Thank you so much for including all the pictures -- I am waiting not-patiently for meals at a few of the restaurants you went to, like BoG, Sci-Fi and Artist Point. Your pictures made me want to go even worse! We are staying at WL, so I especially appreciated those photos.

We, too, are going in the *GASP* summer, I know what you mean about those pesky school days getting in the way. We went on two trips previously in early December when we just had elementary school to deal with, but now have two middle-schoolers and a high-schooler, so gone are the school-year trips. I was incredibly jealous of all your low-crowd photos. Gonna be a lot different in June!

Thank you again, for entertaining me all morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter