• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

I feel so sorry for campers impacted by this...:(

I think we are all just frustrated with the lack of information put out by Disney. Then also the fact that we can't get a straight answer from those when someone has gotten thru.
I understand that they have trees down, I get you don't know how long it will take to cut them up and remove them. Well you should have an idea. Having worked for a State Park, that suffered a tornado, we had an emergency plan for tree removal as there was only one way in/out. We at least had an idea based on the number of trees down, etc.
Poor Jim has to decide if he should tow down, or cancel a 6 year olds Disney trip. Triple B, also has a tough decision.
We are coming down, carrying a big load of diesel, and camping !!! Run me an extension cord from a light pole at the TTC !!

And above all Disney quit treating your campers as second class citizens. You should really appreciate us, as we require the least amount of Mousekeeping, least amount of linens, towels, and toiletries, All while paying the ever increasing rates you put upon us.
Ok, getting off my soapbox now.

I also posted this on two FW-specific threads, but I am posting here in case any here has any additional thoughts!!

Concern here on my end.

I have been the planner for my dad's dream vacation to WDW - there are nine of use going: my dad, stepmom, stepbrother, his wife, their three kids, DH and me! My dad has been dreaming about this for 10 years and is taking us as his big gift to all of us.

We are scheduled to stay in the Cabins at FW - DH, dad, stepmom and I to check-in on 9/27 and my stepbrother's family on 9/29. My dad, stepmom and stepbrother haven't been to WDW in almost 30 years and my sister-in-law, two nephews and niece have never been. DH and I are WDW veterans, but have never stayed at FW. Needless to say we are all really looking forward to it - I already have reservations for golf carts and a couple of meals at Trail's End.

So....and I know everything is just a guess at this point...should I just sit tight for now or should I go ahead and try to book something else (for my stepbrother's room I would need to find something which sleeps 5 which I know are in short supply on this short of notice)???

Help!!!!

I also posted this on two FW-specific threads, but I am posting here in case any here has any additional thoughts!!

Concern here on my end.

I have been the planner for my dad's dream vacation to WDW - there are nine of use going: my dad, stepmom, stepbrother, his wife, their three kids, DH and me! My dad has been dreaming about this for 10 years and is taking us as his big gift to all of us.

We are scheduled to stay in the Cabins at FW - DH, dad, stepmom and I to check-in on 9/27 and my stepbrother's family on 9/29. My dad, stepmom and stepbrother haven't been to WDW in almost 30 years and my sister-in-law, two nephews and niece have never been. DH and I are WDW veterans, but have never stayed at FW. Needless to say we are all really looking forward to it - I already have reservations for golf carts and a couple of meals at Trail's End.

So....and I know everything is just a guess at this point...should I just sit tight for now or should I go ahead and try to book something else (for my stepbrother's room I would need to find something which sleeps 5 which I know are in short supply on this short of notice)???

Help!!!!

For the 27th I would sit tight and breathe. I think they will be ok by then.
We know it will be closed thru the 17th, as there is no HDDR or BBQ. Hoping that they will get a ton of work done this week and be open on the 18th.

Here's the latest (mis)information. I'm currently 45 minutes into a predicted 2 hour hold on the phone with Guest Relations. Per the CM I talked to, who acted like he read this afternoon's memo.

Those of us with Fort check in dates between now and the 17th (Sunday), received the email. We are being offered a temporary relocate to a resort until the Fort opens. They are hoping to have the Fort open on the 18th, which is likely why Chris didn't get the email. They can't (obviously) guarantee the Fort will be open on the 18th, but that is the day they are shooting for now. Either way, whenever the Fort opens, we will be allowed to move in.

I may be making a 2000 mile round trip with 15,000 lbs in tow for nothing, but at least I'll be at Disney.

Guest relations has to do the relocate (at no additional charge), hence the 2 hour hold.

j

Here's the latest (mis)information. I'm currently 45 minutes into a predicted 2 hour hold on the phone with Guest Relations. Per the CM I talked to, who acted like he read this afternoon's memo.

Those of us with Fort check in dates between now and the 17th (Sunday), received the email. We are being offered a temporary relocate to a resort until the Fort opens. They are hoping to have the Fort open on the 18th, which is likely why Chris didn't get the email. They can't (obviously) guarantee the Fort will be open on the 18th, but that is the day they are shooting for now. Either way, whenever the Fort opens, we will be allowed to move in.

I may be making a 2000 mile round trip with 15,000 lbs in tow for nothing, but at least I'll be at Disney.

Guest relations has to do the relocate (at no additional charge), hence the 2 hour hold.

j
Wow. I'm glad you got through! I was on hold for 3 hours and 25 minutes before I finally called it and decided to call back tomorrow right at 7a. So you were moved to a resort? If so, which one?

Im on hold too 1 hour and 54 minutes! We are to check in on Sunday the 17th. My husband was going to come up and help me set up the tent saturday night we were going to stay at all star movies but if I cant get into the campground on sun then there's no point in him coming! So frustrating I don't want to have to kill one of our park days to change rooms and get set up by myself. I am contemplating just staying off site just so I know everything is resolved.

Wow. I'm glad you got through! I was on hold for 3 hours and 25 minutes before I finally called it and decided to call back tomorrow right at 7a. So you were moved to a resort? If so, which one?
I haven't got completely through. I just made it to a CM that seemed to have a memo (and actually read it) that spoke to the process for Fort reservations.

I said I had to get through to Guest Relations (still on hold with them. Going on 1:30), but we would be relocated to another resort until the Fort reopens. Same sort of process they had for those that had to evacuate before the storm.

j

I haven't got completely through. I just made it to a CM that seemed to have a memo (and actually read it) that spoke to the process for Fort reservations.

I said I had to get through to Guest Relations (still on hold with them. Going on 1:30), but we would be relocated to another resort until the Fort reopens. Same sort of process they had for those that had to evacuate before the storm.

j
Ohhhh okay..I misunderstood. Good to know we won't be charged. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer!

forget it. I guess I will just go up with my son on saturday that will give us an extra day to play in case we have to move mid stay. Maybe they will see I already have a sat night reservation at all stars and keep me there sun night.

Hi everyone, we got back early this morning from our "camping" trip. We checked in the Tuesday after labor day. We got two nights camping before we were relocated to the Art of Animation.

We were assigned 1515 which was 32x16. It was a great site because our canopy could hang off the sand pad over our picnic table and still be staked in the dirt. 1500 was spaced really well. We went through some rv loops where you could lean out your motor home and hi five your neighbor. Our land was triangular with a huge space on both sides. 1512 was the biggest site and was in our backyard. They had at least two tents, a canopy and a bunch of cars. They fit no problems. So if you have a monster tent, 1512 and 1515 are perfect if you can get them.

We loved the fort. The pool was great. I don't feel like we got to do but 10% of what we wanted. That is a good reason for another trip right?

We did not pay for the art of animation room. Andy the best CM on the planet gave us park tickets when he found out we were there to fish, swim, and bike ride. So we went to have a low key camping, non park, check out the fort, trip and got a real vacation package. Disney bent over backwards to make sure everyone was happy during the hurricane. Not to downplay the severity of the hurricane, but it was one of our best Disney trips ever.

We were told the bulk of the fort was relocated to AoA. And people were grilling in the parking lot :) and there were pets everywhere.

Last edited:
Update; Not true! It's a fake site. It was sent to me by a family member so I lost it a bit. And didn't do my usual fact checking. I apologise if it upset anyone. But just so everyone knows if they come across this. It's fake. Someone who is not a very nice person sent this to me just now. Can anyone confirm this? The Fort permanently closed? http://www.breakingnews247.net/59b8...-walt-disney-world-due-to-hurricane-irma.html

Last edited:
Someone who is not a very nice person sent this to me just now. Can anyone confirm this? The Fort permanently closed? http://www.breakingnews247.net/59b8...-walt-disney-world-due-to-hurricane-irma.html
That story is Pure Unadulterated Squirrel Poop. One Look at the price tag Disney does that in 1 day at Ft W. Two Check the stories to the right I at first glance fell for it too as all I saw was they are "CLOSING" the resort Rereading the headline and story it doesn't pass the smell tank. Maybe we should find the person who put it up and have him or her scrub all of our BLACK WATER tanks with a tooth brush

Someone who is not a very nice person sent this to me just now. Can anyone confirm this?

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you will see this:

This website is an entertainment website, news are created by users. These are humourous news, fantasy, fictional, that should not be seriously taken or as a source of information.

So, just because it's on the internet, doesn't necessarily mean its true.

After 3 hours on hold today a nice cm was able to get us into coronado preferred room.no extra charge would have been $600 more!. Had to remove my last night but its ok atleast i no longer have to worry.

That story is Pure Unadulterated Squirrel Poop. One Look at the price tag Disney does that in 1 day at Ft W. Two Check the stories to the right I at first glance fell for it too as all I saw was they are "CLOSING" the resort Rereading the headline and story it doesn't pass the smell tank. Maybe we should find the person who put it up and have him or her scrub all of our BLACK WATER tanks with a tooth brush

How about "with their toothbrush" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter