The Running Thread--2024

Tomorrow is a bonus day, but it won't include running for me so here we are on the normal last day of the month....
February 2024: Activities: 13 Distance: 50.05 mi Time: 10:23:42
**Very proud to have run 50 miles in 10 hours this month! This includes a 15k, a 5k, and everything in between.

At the end of January I came down with a cold (not Covid) and it lasted over two weeks into February. Despite that set back, I was able to work on my Heart Rate training plan, strength train and have 2 ski days.

My Heart Rate training plans includes a half hour easy jog on Mondays and I've committed to listening to a Spanish podcast during that run to "habit stack" running and practicing this second language.

I'm looking forward to more of the same in March, but with slightly warmer temperatures.

A whopping 6.9 miles in February, all on the treadmill. This is down ~5 miles from January but considering I had jury duty at the beginning of the month and a cold at the end of the month, I'm not surprised. I'm hoping that next month I can up the mileage and maybe even start running outside a bit.

Also, Garmin people - there's a Leap Day badge if you record an activity of 29 minutes or longer on February 29th. If that helps anyone get out the door.

Also, Garmin people - there's a Leap Day badge if you record an activity of 29 minutes or longer on February 29th. If that helps anyone get out the door.

For absolutely no good reason....my 25 min scheduled run today will now become 29.

ETA: Made it 29:29 and for good measure it clocked in at 2.99 miles, so there ya go.

Last edited:

So this month...
I got 48.2 miles in. Not bad.

But now I need a Garmin Badge... so may do runners yoga or body weight training on ifit tonight.

I have been pretty good this month adding in more runners yoga on ifit. Loving the mobility, strength and balance work with the runners yoga series on ifit to help me with my running. I am hoping it will keep me from getting injured as I start to train for my first Dopey.
Also my goal is to get my POT for rundisney...
It is a super stretch goal... my fastest half is 2:50... so need to get it down to 2:30. Which is a lot so probably won't happen but I am going to try.

Last edited:

IMG_1865.jpeg

Happy leap year!
Kept my 100+ streak alive, but admittedly slacked off a little. Skipped 3 shorter runs just because I didn’t feel it that day. With dropping plans for what would have been my first ultra and having nothing on the calendar, I’m losing the mental game. I’ve scolded myself, it’s too hard to start a good habit and too easy to stop so I will try to keep 5 days/week in March.

February 2024 Totals
Running Distance: 107.1 miles
Running Time: 29:10:58
Traditional Strength Training Time: 4:26:39
Core Training: 1:28:21
Pilates/Yoga: 1:19:00

I'm not surprised that my strength training is so low between the half marathon taper and recovery period. It's been really good getting back into the gym. Now, it's on to some base building as I figure out my path toward Dopey 2025.

February running:

Distance: 77.95 miles
Time: 17:48:48
Activities: 16

This month's big achievement was my first half marathon. I am both riding high from that accomplishment and also have post-race depression. :P
Congratulations on your first half marathon! But, don't give in to post-race depression. Ascertain what you felt could have gone better and use that as fuel for your next training plan. FWIW, you're doing an amazing job!

February running:

Total Distance: 88 miles
Average pace: 11:04/mi

Just ran the Princess Half as the last half marathon in my loooong training cycle. I haven't been NOT training for something since July, and mentally it's been a slog lately. No PRs in the past 10 months, after a year and a half of really smashing them. I'm going to take a week or 2 off completely and then pick up training for the Broad Street 10 miler in early May. After that, I guess I'll reassess what my goals are, if any, for the summer.

I almost ALWAYS run in the mornings. Meaning my February running should be done. But I have an evening run planned today. It's weird to see all these monthly running totals posted when I still have one more run this month.

I started doing a 6:30 a.m. exercise class one or two days per week and am trying to figure out how to work that in with my running. For now, the answer is to do my run in the evening. I definitely need to monitor my legs and how I feel to make sure I don't do too much and injure myself. But so far, so good!

I have a whopping 16 miles in February, mostly from the last 10 days. I was just TIRED after the WDW and DL races, so I took a mental and physical training break.

I found an old iFit endurance building series for the treadmill, and it's been fun! There are 30 workouts total, which (with cross-training and rest days) should take me right up to SS weekend. So far it is a combination of walk-run intervals, inclines and strides.

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 11.39.21 AM.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter