The Running Thread--2024

ATTQOTD:
I might be repeating myself, sorry if I do.

My Spring race season looks like this:
02-25 Vaudreuil-Dorion 10k
04-07 St-Laurent 10k
04-19, 20, 21 runDisney Springtime Surprise Challenge
05-26 Ottawa Marathon

The first race’s road conditions are completely unpredictable. The last two are likely to be hot. So I will try to be fast on April 7th.

I have no plans for the Fall season. Maybe a fast half. I might have already detailed what Halloween and Wine n Dine runDisney weekend would look like but I doubt my family would understand the obsession… Anyone have suggestions to twist my harm 🥹?

ATTQOTD: After the challenges I had with injury and tired legs the 2nd half of last year I decided to dial it back a bit and focus on weight loss and establishing a new PoT in a half in the spring race season. I'll reassess after that, but I already have an ultra on the calendar for the fall season. So far, 2024 looks like this for me:

January: Dopey Challenge ✅
March: Tobacco Road Half Marathon (tentative)
April: Flying Pirate Half Marathon (tentative)
October: Cape Fear 24h Challenge

ATTQOTD:
I pretty much always do the same local races every year:
Pittsburgh Half Marathon-May
Liberty Mile-July
City of Pittsburgh 10k-September
Pittsburgh 10-Miler-November

I'm doing the Chicago Marathon too in October. I might throw in a small local 8.1k in March as a warmup for the half marathon.

ATTQOTD

January: WDW Half a Half ✅ DL Half ✅
May: Ottawa Half Marathon - aiming for POT for Dopey

That’s all I have booked.Will likely run a Couple of 10ks this year and also Considering these for the fall:

October: Detroit International Half Marathon
November: Wine & Dine

ATTQOTD:
Jan-Rose Bowl Half ✅
Mar-LA 5k
+ LA Marathon
Sep-possibly DL Halloween Half (though thinking about logistics is already giving me anxiety)
+ Berlin Marathon

@Marebear_runs: sorry I never replied above-also first time doing LA marathon and sad it doesn't end at the ocean. But also, we're doing so many of the same races, would be fun to try to meet up (if that's not weird).

ATTQOTD:

I have not registered for many of these yet, but I am planning to focus on races in Michigan this year - excluding NYC (though I am sure it will be another year of not getting selected… and runDisney. :-) But I am hoping to complete 4 marathons and 1 to 2 half’s here in Michigan this year. The first is next weekend in Grand Rapids - Groundhog Marathon.

✅1/3-1/7/24 Dopey Challenge
2/3/24 Groundhog Day Marathon - registered
4/9/24: 2025 Marathon Weekend Registration! Hoping for Dopey #9!! :thumbsup2
4/19-21/24 Spring Surprise Challenge - registered
6/15/24 Charlevoix Marathon
7/20/24 Canal Run Half Marathon (POT effort)
9/22/24 Capitol City River Run Half Marathon (only doing if still need a POT)
10/5/24 Sleeping Bear Marathon
10/20/24 Detroit Free Press Marathon
11/3/24 New York City Marathon (only if selected in the lottery)

ATTQOTD:

After completing Goofy in January I have nothing on the calendar or plans/goals for first time in several years. Got my new POT for Disney last fall, so have decided to just go out and run through the Spring (although I still have it scheduled out for next 8 weeks to make sure I don't find it too easy to skip) and then will see where it goes. Historically I haven't been good about consistent running without a race on the schedule so we will see, but as long as I can keep up a good base before starting to ramp up for MW next year, I'm good. Guessing I will find something I want to run as I get further into the season.

Have you seen today’s medal preview? We are getting in the realms of runDisney medal size 😉

ETA: Sorry, just noticed that you are running the Half. Nevermind. You will have a great race!
I hadn’t but you made me look. Color and it spins - that’s definitely runDisney territory!

I’m guessing the half will be a little more subdued.

ATTQOTD:

Scheduled:
January--Dopey.
March--Sunrise 5k (or maybe half, but STRONGLY leaning 5k)

Considering (these will probably depend on if the POT gets pushed to 2:30 for WDW):
June--Charlevoix HM
August--North Country Trail something (will depend on which races they are running on Sunday)
September--Holland Haven HM
November--Turkey Trot (weather dependent)

ATTQOTD: People are doing lots of cool races! I'm signed up or planning to sign up for

Jan: WDW Half 7.1-Miler ✅
Feb: Princess Challenge
March: Rock 'n' Roll DC Remix Challenge (5K + HM)
Sept: DC Half
Oct: Army Ten-Miler (probably)
Oct: Marine Corps Marathon (hoping to snag an NYC virtual + guaranteed entry spot and use MCM for that also)

I'm also planning to check out my local parkrun when I get back to DC and maybe use it to race a 5K or two.

ATTQOTD:
DL Half in January
Upcoming:
Princess Half in Feb -- had to get that Coast to Coast medal if I was already hauling myself to the West Coast. I think DL Half was a once and done for me. It was fine, but not as good as WDW races and way too far a flight for a race (for me). It was a great opportunity to see a friend on the West Coast though so totally worth it in that way.

Nothing else on the schedule, and I do this every year, but I told myself I'd take a break from registering for races. However. There are so many good races right here within walking distance of my apartment in Philadelphia, I can't help myself. And I kind of may want to try to get better corral placement just in case I want to register for the WDW Marathon within the next few years. Corral A for the marathon would be a stretch but it's dangling out there like a carrot on a stick.
Broad Street 10 Miler in May is going to be hard to resist entering the lottery for. We'll see. No plans.
If I do target a race for the fall, it will probably be one of the 10k's we have in late August/early September.

ATTQOTD:

January: Dopey Challenge ✅
February: Lost Dutchman Marathon
April: Springtime Surprise Challenge
May: Revel White Mountains Marathon
October: Prairie Fire Marathon
November: Route 66 Marathon

We’ll see if I add anything else - like a half for POT. Or another state for my marathon list. My goal for the marathons is to ‘enjoy’ them and not run at a hard pace!

I had thought about trying to sign up for the DL Halloween races, but I think I have decided against them at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter