• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2019

Good luck to @Wendy98 and @BikeFan at the Berlin Marathon, @roxymama at the Chicago Fall Half, @Guidman at the Great Race 10k, @KevM at the Ocean City NJ Half this weekend and anyone else not listed on the race calendar but still out there runnng this weekend. I'm running the Lederhosen Half in Delaware on Saturday and will be sending good vibes to everyone.

Wishing you good health, good times, and good weather with your events!
Good run to all!

Good luck to @Wendy98 and @BikeFan at the Berlin Marathon, @roxymama at the Chicago Fall Half, @Guidman at the Great Race 10k, @KevM at the Ocean City NJ Half this weekend and anyone else not listed on the race calendar but still out there runnng this weekend. I'm running the Lederhosen Half in Delaware on Saturday and will be sending good vibes to everyone.

Wishing you good health, good times, and good weather with your events!
@rteetz is running his first non-Disney Half Marathon on Saturday in hopes to get a better POT for Dopey! Go Panda!

Ran the Holly Springs police torch run 5k with my oldest this morning. Knowing the 2nd and 3rd miles we’re hilly, I told him he could run the first mile without intervals. He ran a 9:25 for his first mile! I fear my days of being able to keep up with him are coming to a close in the next year or so.

Attachments

• F5CB33AB-ED51-4411-9D2E-E39B0A3A2D5F.jpeg
    F5CB33AB-ED51-4411-9D2E-E39B0A3A2D5F.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 7
You Go Girl 10k - Race Recap

This morning I ran the You Go Girl 10k sponsored by Tacoma City Marathon Association. I first ran this race in 2014 and was looking forward to running the half in 2015. But, the race went away... finally returning last year with an entirely new course. The 10k fit into my plans last year, so this was supposed to be my first time finally running the half. However, they got rid of the half and instead only offered a 5k and 10k (starting together). Oh well...

Last year’s 10k was a PR for me (despite the course measuring a little short per my Garmin, it is certified) that I improved upon in April. Since I knew it was a fast course, and marathon training has had me training slow... I decided to go for it.

I pushed my pace and shortened my walk breaks from 1 min to 30 seconds per mile run. There are two very short but steep hills, so I chose to walk them (which was probably faster than trying to run them) to conserve energy. It worked and I shaved over a minute off April’s PR!

9/29 - CDKG - You Go Girl 10k (1:03:16 / 1:01:13)

Epilogue: After collecting my post race snacks, I went back to my car for the 30 min drive home. My car wouldn’t start. (Side note, I just picked it up after almost 3 full weeks at the auto body shop yesterday.) I found someone nice enough to give me a jump. It didn’t work. So, I had to call a tow truck to take me to the shop, about 2/3 of the way home.

It took forever! When I got to the shop (closed, but the dealership was open), they suggested trying to jump it one more time with their high powered jumper thingy (or whatever it is called). It stared immediately! Mind you, this was 2 1/2 hours and $185 later! I stopped at Costco on the way home to pickup a new battery.

I ordered pizza for lunch (because I was hungry and to bribe my brother to help me swap out the battery) and enjoyed a few slices with a couple glasses of wine. Because...adulting requires wine!

City of Pittsburgh Great Race 10k (40:30/38:52)

The race is a point-to-point course that is predominantly downhill. Was hoping to break 40 minutes. Weather was pretty good throughout the race, cloudy and mid 60s. Ended up with a new PR of 38:52. Set a new 5k PR too. 129/6,003, 13/417 AG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter