• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2019

ATFQOTD: Usually I am sugared out by 3/4 way thru a marathon. I was overjoyed when someone at WWOS had some Ritz crackers! So I would love something salty right around then, maybe pretzels? Not like a Mickey Pretzel but the bagged, crunchy kind. Of course, I was ready for sweet again by the HS chocolate so :confused3, lol. And a Coke at the finish line. After the heat of the Silo District Marathon and throwing up due to heat exhaustion, all I wanted was a ice cold Coke to settle my stomach at the finish line.

The Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach that I did last month gave vouchers for FOUR free beers at the post-race party. I don't drink. Wonder how much of my race registration money went toward that? :)

I have yet to see 'vouchers' for drinks, do you get them after the race? I would not want to have to carry them with me.

I have yet to see 'vouchers' for drinks, do you get them after the race? I would not want to have to carry them with me.
Up here the vouchers are usually coupons attached to your bib, along with the tshirt voucher for larger races. It's like a perforated row across the bottom, they rip off the tshirt part when you get your shirt, and then you rip off the beer coupons at the end for your beers.

I've been on a cruise the last week and finally caught up... below are my answers to the QOTD that I can remember.
Old Disney movie: Bambi for sure.

Boston marathon: I kept track of people during our day at sea, but the streaming would not work for me. Thank goodness for Twitter and the BAA app. Huge congrats to everyone who finished!

Site I would visit: After visiting Mayan ruins in Belize this past week, I would love to see one of those civilizations in their prime.

Bad race: @camaker said it better than any response I could give.

Snack/drink during a race: If any of you follow my on Instagram or have ever read my training journal, you probably already know the answer to this. A Sprite and Reese's cup, no other snack even comes close. LOL

I get my own since she is 1. But in the future, peanut butter or coconut things if it’s over the counter chocolate. Caramel or coconut if it’s prescription.

Sugary snacks-all the citrus flavors.

To clarify-I don’t mean THC by prescription, if that’s your thing I don’t care, I was just trying to think of a clever way to “refer” to cheap or high-end hand-made chocolates.

I don’t think I am helping my case at all.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and happy late Easter for those who care. QOTD: What candy are you most likely to steal out of your kids candy stash?

ATTQOTD: Kit-Kats, LOVE THEM!!!

Thanks to my kids I have a fresh stash of York Peppermint Patties in my desk today but they will be untouched because someone came back to the office from Asia with RUM RAISIN KIT KAT!
Also, I am a bit sad my mom didn't get them jelly beans so I could mine out the black ones.

Thanks to my kids I have a fresh stash of York Peppermint Patties in my desk today but they will be untouched because someone came back to the office from Asia with RUM RAISIN KIT KAT!
Also, I am a bit sad my mom didn't get them jelly beans so I could mine out the black ones.
I really like the Ube Kit kats, but our local Asian grocery doesn’t have them, maybe i should try the Japan specific store.

QOTD: What candy are you most likely to steal out of your kids candy stash?
ATTQOTD: This was the first year we did not do candy for our kids who are both in college. They each got a Starbucks gift card instead.

At Easter dinner, I got lectured by my parents and older brother about how crazy I am to be doing 4 races in 4 days in January. And how at my age, I am going to do permanent damage to my body. My father, who has been a runner his entire adult life but has never run a race, not even a 5K, looked me straight in the eye and asked me what I was trying to prove by doing this.

It goes to show you that even when you are 50+ years old, your parents will still treat you like you are in Junior High School :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter