The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD:
All the wardrobe out and available because we could need any of it over the course of a single day? Check! So yes, fall is here. I actually brought shorts, capris, a tee shirt and a long sleeve shirt in my running bag this morning. I'm still not sure what I will put on....

ATTQOTD: Fall is here in the Birmingham area! It landed on the 12th and has been great. We've even had a couple mornings in the low 40s.

ATYQOTD: I only pause the watch for bathroom breaks, so not often. I discovered that the GPS jumps around and adds distance as you stand still. It's not an issue for short stops, but anything longer and it adds up.

ATTQOTD: in the last 10 days we've had temps ranging from 90-30. Today is mid 40s. This past weekend we went from 70 to 40 and had winds of 79mph that knocked out power and took down tons of trees. I don't know what season mother nature is going with.

ATTQOTD: Reporting from West-Central FL... it's "Fall" as far as I'm concerned! Overnight lows FINALLY dropped into the low-70s/mid- to high-60s. Highs are still mid- to high-80s, but they don't last all day, only a couple hours. So yeah: still "summer" by most folks' standards, but so much better than what "summer" means in FL!

ATTQOTD: We have entered that weird season in Arizona where you wear jeans and bring a sweater in the morning and by the afternoon wish that you had shorts on. We are still peaking at high 80s low 90s here. Last week mornings I put on a long sleeve with my shorts to run because there was a bite in the air. This week it's been 68* and 68% humidity. Gross. Fall usually doesn't really arrive until November in AZ.

ATTQOTD: Fall weather arrived, then snow, then late summer temps, ...Colorado weather is always variable. I had to wait until 1pm two weekends ago to get the temp above 25 for my long run, then ran in a T+D of 110 this past Sunday morning at 10am. Now we're enjoying daytime highs in the low 60's.

ATTQOTD: Cooler temps are here in central FL. Yesterday was just absolutely awesome. It's a little bit warmer today, but I'll take it! Hopefully these temps are here to stay.

ATTQOTD: Yes!!! Runs have felt so much better these past few weeks.

Yesterday’s question: I pause my watch on runs for anything that takes more than a few seconds. I run on some fairly busy roads that I will not cross without a signal so that can sometimes take a few minutes.

QOTD: Yall!!! It's finally fall here is South Louisiana! Its a little rainy today, but cool and temps in the 10 day range are only getting better! So far todays question, has fall weather reached your part of the world and for how long now?

It's gotten cooler here, but we haven't started getting rain yet. I'm really looking forward to that - I know I'll hate it once it gets here, but right now we've got 6 months of crud accumulating on the sidewalks and I'm looking forward to them getting washed off by a good rainstorm.

But, it's cool enough that I wore a jacket walking to the bus today. First time since spring.

Help me decide... Should I do....
The Hot Chocolate 15k in Scottsdale, AZ
OR
The Scottsdale Half Marathon in Scottsdale, AZ

Both are in Decemeber about a month before Dopey. I wouldn't race them at all, just run them as part of training. I was leaning towards the Half because it goes better with my life and running schedule BUT the swag at the Hot Chocolate 15k is super appealing. I could probably run both but that means back to back weekends in the Phoenix area... I kind of wish I didn't see this 15k.

ATTQOTD: Fall is here in south central Arkansas! Although it has felt more like winter the last few days. Last night we put our new electric blanket on the bed and we have been using our heaters in the mornings the last week. But highs in the mid to upper 60's for the next 10 days (except one day of 52?) so I am loving running after work!

I am hoping it stays warmish in Florida for our vacation in 16 days! Family vacation to Universal (no Disney this year :sad:) on the 9-18 and we rented a house with a pool. Hoping to be able to use it, lol!

QOTD: Yall!!! It's finally fall here is South Louisiana! Its a little rainy today, but cool and temps in the 10 day range are only getting better! So far todays question, has fall weather reached your part of the world and for how long now?
ATTQOTD: Nope. No Fall in the Northeast. We went from Summer right to Winter - yeah, it's more mild today but it is my rest day so I ain't counting it :mad:

I wouldn't race them at all, just run them as part of training. I was leaning towards the Half because it goes better with my life and running schedule BUT the swag at the Hot Chocolate 15k is super appealing.
When I was looking at a potential race in November, I asked coach. He told me one distance would be fine, but strongly advised against the longer distance because it did not fall at a good time in the training cycle. In my case, Dopey is my next major goal, so everything gets viewed through that purpose for me.

Similar to how I treated much of my extracurricular decisions in high school. If an activity would help me get into my dream school, I would do it. If it would not help my chances, I would not do it. I know I wound up having a more rigorous high school experience because of those decisions, but they worked out great. They were certainly rewarding at the time and I got into my dream school.

I took the liberty of using the randomness of a coin flip and it decided:

Half Marathon
Perfect. Thank you. Haha.

He told me one distance would be fine, but strongly advised against the longer distance because it did not fall at a good time in the training cycle.
Yeah I actually have a 13 mile LR scheduled the weekend of the HM so I mean, why not? As long as I don't try to race it I will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter