• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the monorail, is it possible they're waiting to see how the gondolas work out? I don't know what would be more expensive: new monorails or ripping the monorail out and replacing it with a second gondola system?

Do you believe that the monorail is getting replaced in the near future though?
Replacing the monorails will take a while. The entire system needs to be designed to fit Disney's specifications and then the vehicles constructed. Keep in mind they need to fit on the current beams and stations. Floor height and car width need to be either the same as the current versions or station/beam modifications are needed.

this from Magic Penguin really summarizes well what may or may not be happening due to Capex conversations at WDW.

n General / Park Wide
  • The Great Capex Recession {all new}
    • It seems that some of the projects announced and unannounced are being cut or scaled back due to reduction in allotted capex (capital expenditure budget). [here]
      • The D23-announced Main Street Theater looks to be definitely cut (or put off to some indefinite future).
      • It may likely be cancelling or putting off to much later the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta [here]
  • The Great Park Fight {all new}
    • parks are vying (with the exception of MK) for ride systems (e.g., Shanghai Pirates or FoP Theater) and maybe over an IP (e.g., Indy) [here]
    • Indy for a big DAK version [Dino to Indy; Restarauntosaurus to Adventurer theme, wooden coaster in place of Dinoland, and a non-Indy boat ride replaces Nemo theater all in a Central/South America section of the park] or a cheaper DHS version (which isn't a coaster, but is an E-Ticket [boat ride, likely with Shanghai PotC mechanics] with store & restaurant) [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here]
      • the boat ride IP replacing Nemo is one that isn't used in the parks yet [here]
      • contrary: there is no battle over a single IP (such as Indy), it's over mechanical systems [here] or, indeed there is 2 parks vying for one IP and 3 parks vying for a ride system [here]
    • the E-Ticket that may come to DHS wouldn't be in time for SWL's opening [here] and is likely, if it is greenlighted, to be the boat ride [here]
      • contrary: more Indy isn't greenlit for DHS (but may be later??) [here]
    • The Flight of Passage mechanics is in the mix for cloning at some time in the future [here]

The links in the thread link to WDWMagic.com threads where known and trusted insiders have dropped hints - like Martin, Magicfeather and a few others.

Heard the small world being gutted for tangled rumor again from a CM who came through my line at work he said about 90% of the rumors that go through his department (he was a mechanic) become official

Take with about a cups worth of salt grains

Heard the small world being gutted for tangled rumor again from a CM who came through my line at work he said about 90% of the rumors that go through his department (he was a mechanic) become official

Take with about a cups worth of salt grains

Well, I would love it and my family would love it, but I can't imagine it'll ever happen. :sad2:

this from Magic Penguin really summarizes well what may or may not be happening due to Capex conversations at WDW.

n General / Park Wide
    • It seems that some of the projects announced and unannounced are being cut or scaled back due to reduction in allotted capex (capital expenditure budget). [here]
      • The D23-announced Main Street Theater looks to be definitely cut (or put off to some indefinite future).
      • It may likely be cancelling or putting off to much later the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta [here]
    • parks are vying (with the exception of MK) for ride systems (e.g., Shanghai Pirates or FoP Theater) and maybe over an IP (e.g., Indy) [here]
    • Indy for a big DAK version [Dino to Indy; Restarauntosaurus to Adventurer theme, wooden coaster in place of Dinoland, and a non-Indy boat ride replaces Nemo theater all in a Central/South America section of the park] or a cheaper DHS version (which isn't a coaster, but is an E-Ticket [boat ride, likely with Shanghai PotC mechanics] with store & restaurant) [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here]
      • the boat ride IP replacing Nemo is one that isn't used in the parks yet [here]
      • contrary: there is no battle over a single IP (such as Indy), it's over mechanical systems [here] or, indeed there is 2 parks vying for one IP and 3 parks vying for a ride system [here]
    • the E-Ticket that may come to DHS wouldn't be in time for SWL's opening [here] and is likely, if it is greenlighted, to be the boat ride [here]
    • The Flight of Passage mechanics is in the mix for cloning at some time in the future [here]

The links in the thread link to WDWMagic.com threads where known and trusted insiders have dropped hints - like Martin, Magicfeather and a few others.

1 vote for the AK plan. A wooden coaster in the trees of AK sounds amazing. But it's the most expensive option so it won't happen. And honestly DHS probably needs it more. My paranoia over a ToT reskin keeps me from wanting to see anything new go in there. As long as there is not enough to do there, the less likely they are to take it off line.

n General / Park Wide

I find all of this very interesting, but I am totally here for the POTC Shanghai system with a new IP. I think Indy would be awesome with those mechanics. Just picture the backwards part with the boulder.

I can see both sides. I think the fireworks themselves are enjoyable, but the show as a whole is very bland and lacking
A shot to my heart!

Illuminations is far and away my favorite show. Yes its old and yes I would welcome updates. I just hope we don't get a Disney IP fest fireworks show. Something original and exciting is what i would like to see.

I can see both sides. I think the fireworks themselves are enjoyable, but the show as a whole is very bland and lacking

The only part I don’t like about the show is that the globe is to small and hard to see the projections on them but other than that it’s a good show. I am excited to see what Disney does with the new show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter