• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what everyone has been saying. The attraction is a new piece tho.
I hadn't heard about an attraction until now, but sure hope they are right! Saying that though, technically a film or a CircleVision is classed as an attraction, so we are not necessarily talking a ride here (although i'd love for it to be one!)

Take this for what its worth, but Jim Hill is reporting that Main Street Electrical Parade may be heading back (yet again...) to WDW when it ends in DL in August. A WDW version of Paint the Night would be worked on too.

That is SUPER anticlimactic if its true

Take this for what its worth, but Jim Hill is reporting that Main Street Electrical Parade may be heading back (yet again...)
How many times can you have a "come see it again one last time" promotion for the same thing? It's the Disney version of the furniture store which has had a "Going out of Business Sale" sign on their building for a decade.

How many times can you have a "come see it again one last time" promotion for the same thing? It's the Disney version of the furniture store which has had a "Going out of Business Sale" sign on their building for a decade.
Exactly! It is technically false advertising, as they are getting people to go out to DL to see MSEP "one last time" and then they bring it back to WDW. As much as I like MSEP, I wish they'd just get rid of the damn parade now and give us something new - I'm personally fed up of it going backwards and forwards for a "limited time" (remember when it was coming back for the summer of 2010, and then ended up staying for 6 years?!).

Take this for what its worth, but Jim Hill is reporting that Main Street Electrical Parade may be heading back (yet again...) to WDW when it ends in DL in August. A WDW version of Paint the Night would be worked on too.

That would be crazy... I wonder what the price tag is on packing it up and shipping it back and forth?

A few new rumors;
- One Man's Dream to close imminently as Toy Story Land work continues (this is something I've been saying is coming for a while now, but other sites seem to be in agreement now)
- Tron Lightcycle Coaster coming to Tomorrowland in MK (some sources say it'll replace Speedway, whilst others are reporting that it'll be behind Speedway, which will get a refresh and update). Some of you may have seen WDWNT report that this is confirmed, it is not announced yet, so should be treated as a rumor. May be announced at D23)

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - Tron cycle coaster is NOT repeat NOT replacing Speedway, it will go behind speedway. One plan is to do some type of overlay or revamp of speedway and add the Tron Coaster. He suggests you all hang onto your seats after this D23...

He has seen 12 WDW announcements and is not sure if all or only some will actually be released.

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - Tron cycle coaster is NOT repeat NOT replacing Speedway, it will go behind speedway. One plan is to do some type of overlay or revamp of speedway and add the Tron Coaster. He suggests you all hang onto your seats after this D23...

He has seen 12 WDW announcements and is not sure if all or only some will actually be released.

If they do the Tron coaster behind the speedway (and maybe even some of the dome/open air part over the speedway) and the speedway gets an update to electric cars or something I, for one, would be all for that

not that anyone asked me

If they do the Tron coaster behind the speedway (and maybe even some of the dome/open air part over the speedway) and the speedway gets an update to electric cars or something I, for one, would be all for that

not that anyone asked me
I really think the speedway could use the change to electric and being confined to indoors somehow. That's a hot miserable wait, and I can't imagine what staffing it must be like

Wait, so is the Tron coaster actually coming to TL? Also, did Martin specify which parks are the 12 announcements for and if they are entirely new or based on previous rumors?

The Tron coaster rumor may be my favorite of what is circulating. I've accepted I am going to be annoyed at Guardians (and everything else) at Epcot so I need something to look forward to.

Wait, so is the Tron coaster actually coming to TL? Also, did Martin specify which parks are the 12 announcements for and if they are entirely new or based on previous rumors?
He stated WDW - so orlando, he also said some are in the area of having never been discussed

I'm so excited about Tron coaster. But I can't stand the smell of the Speedway so that has to change or go I say...

Mega pumped for Tron is it's a copy of Shanghai and not a cut down version.

Could speedway be updated to wreck it Ralf candy land for the kids?

I know we have Star Wars land and toy story land coming, but I feel these are only touching the iceberg of what is going to be done.

Also feel like the construction is going to get a lot worse before it gets better

Mega pumped for Tron is it's a copy of Shanghai and not a cut down version.

Could speedway be updated to wreck it Ralf candy land for the kids?

I know we have Star Wars land and toy story land coming, but I feel these are only touching the iceberg of what is going to be done.

Also feel like the construction is going to get a lot worse before it gets better
Tron isn't confirmed yet, so it may well be different in some ways to Shanghai.

I am doubtful about Wreck It Ralph overlay for Speedway personally.

Oh, no doubt. With the resorts 50th anniversary just around the corner, we should expect to see lots of new things popping up between now and 2021. But yes, construction will definitely get worse but it'll all be worth it in the end!

Am I right that Disney Springs with the Edison will be 100% complete by the end f this year?

Once that's done, and Pandora open, I can see them ploughing on with toy story land ready for next summer. Then over to Star Wars land and maybe start on the hotel too.

2X DVC towers at CBR and CSR to be built as well as putting in the gondola system.

I simply can't get my head around just how much they want completed in the next 5 years. Sound a like they need 10 years to do all this.

Am I right that Disney Springs with the Edison will be 100% complete by the end f this year?

Once that's done, and Pandora open, I can see them ploughing on with toy story land ready for next summer. Then over to Star Wars land and maybe start on the hotel too.

2X DVC towers at CBR and CSR to be built as well as putting in the gondola system.

I simply can't get my head around just how much they want completed in the next 5 years. Sound a like they need 10 years to do all this.

Well Disney Quest just closed to start the transition into NBA Experience... I'm not sure the timeline on that project. Then you also have Cirque closing end of the year and I can only imagine they will do something down there as well.

I feel like the Edison made some great progress early on, but has essentially stalled on construction in the recent months. At the current rate they will need to get moving to open by the end of this year. The same can be said about Wine Bar George.

Disney has late 2017 for the Edison.

We still have wine bar George that will open early 2018 and the new Wolfgang pucks, and New Mexican restaurant that is going into the old Wolfgang pucks.

Disney quest is also a large project. We still don't know what's happening to the Cirque theater either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter