The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros and cons to every decision - they made a conscious choice to theme SWGE to a particular time and should stick with it. Hopefully there will always be something new from Star Wars that gets people excited - not exactly a bad problem to have. For now, use Star Tours as a way to feature the original trilogy. Completely overlay launch bay with the Mandalorian and/or build a razor crest replica/miniland/meet separate from SWGE.

maybe I can give an example that Potter fans might understand. This would be the equivalent of Forbidden Journey at Wizarding World being re-themed to "Fantastic Beasts" (if it had been more successful) and/or Newt Scamander walking around Hogsmeade while Hagrid's and other elements of the land remained from the "modern" films - same universe, but completely different time periods so it would break the immersion.

I don't think it would make sense for US to create an entire land, about movies that "came after" the huge success and beloved characters and movies of Harry Potter, Voldemort, Hermione and Ron etc.

That would be like building a Star Wars Land after some new characters and movies, with far less emotional investment and beloved characters as Luke, Vader, Han and Leia.

I don't think it would make sense for US to create an entire land, about movies that "came after" the huge success and beloved characters and movies of Harry Potter, Voldemort, Hermione and Ron etc.

That would be like building a Star Wars Land after some new characters and movies, with far less emotional investment and beloved characters as Luke, Vader, Han and Leia.
I know it’s trying to be a joke, but UO is building a land based on Fantastic Beasts when Epic Universe comes to fruition.

I know it’s trying to be a joke, but UO is building a land based on Fantastic Beasts when Epic Universe comes to fruition.
Rumors suggested the Fantastic Beasts section was unlikely to occur as originally intended. They were supposedly moving away from the films.

It's not a bad idea. Get your bread and butter OT lands built to attract the fans-THEN- start adding to the collection with the new additions. :teacher:

So...
I am playing catch up after being in WDW. HoP announcement per MansionButler84 to come later this month with a finish date later this year.
Hmmm, major Muppet announcement and a HOP announcement both in the near future...
TheVisionarySoul said:
Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

that, um, that seems awful ... like mix in the Muppets which I love but largely parody things - use that to make a point/teach a lesson - as the narrator for the HoP which is serious and historical, and, yes, political?
Of all the IP that could be put in there, Muppets is probably the least concerning one. The show can remain about the presidents, and just gain a bit of humor to lighten the mood.

Of all the IP that could be put in there, Muppets is probably the least concerning one. The show can remain about the presidents, and just gain a bit of humor to lighten the mood.

The Muppets really can fit in pretty well with lots of things, including being semi-educational. I do hope they keep it funny though. It's not necessarily my first choice for an overhaul, but I can live with it for sure.

The Muppets really can fit in pretty well with lots of things, including being semi-educational. I do hope they keep it funny though. It's not necessarily my first choice for an overhaul, but I can live with it for sure.

obviously it will come down to execution ... but when you have really the 1 thing in the park based on reality and then you add the Muppets to add humor, I don't know

I think if this was EPCOT or something where there is already a lot of serious/real world stuff but mixed with levity it would fit better in my mind

But like a lot of things even if it does seem jarring at first I will get used to it over time, and if it makes it more appealing to more people and less "divisive" I cant' really be against it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter