The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg Zootopia
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a duck-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales! Woo-oo
When it seems they're heading for the final curtain
Good deduction never fails, that's for certain!
The worst of messes
Become successes!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Luck Tales! Woo-hoo
D-d-d danger lurks behind you
There's a stranger out to find you
What to do, just grab on…

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg Zootopia
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a duck-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Luck Tales! Woo-oo
When it seems they're heading for the final curtain
Good deduction never fails, that's for certain!
The worst of messes
Become successes!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Luck Tales! Woo-hoo
D-d-d danger lurks behind you
There's a stranger out to find you
What to do, just grab on…
I mean some Epcot fans definitely feel the same way I do about the IP infiltration of that park.

I'm going to make one statement regarding changes made to parks that would seemingly go against what the park was established for: 1% would absolutely hate the change, another 4% would think the change is out of place but will come to accept it, and 95% of park goers would just say "Oh cool look - new rides and stuff - let's go there."

Where's the outrage that GotG is going in EPCOT? Where's the outrage the FEA took over and somehow Arendele exists in Norway?
Actually, I'm still miffed about fictional Arendelle in World Showcase. Guardians I can accept if there's at least some scientific aspect to it.

Sadly, though, you're absolutely right that the majority of park visitors don't care, and that's exactly why it's happening.

My fault, I'm just making a light hearted debate but I understand your point of view. I think they whole thing is rather silly and fun.
Being deliberately argumentative on the Internet because it's "fun" - we should coin a term for that. Maybe in honor of the current discussion, we could name it after some mythical creature. 🤔😏

Two arguments I think.

1) Should IP be brought into AK?
2) If we're bringing in IP to the park, what kind of IP should be allowed?
That’s fair and I don’t disagree with with in any park when it works. Zootopia is not one I agree with.

If any IP were to be added to AK in a way that makes sense, then I think Jungle Book is the obvious choice.

I agree that Jungle Book would be a nice addition to AK. Not only could they create a nice dark ride based on the film, but the characters could easily add to the meet and greets that many people (but not us) really enjoy.

If any IP were to be added to AK in a way that makes sense, then I think Jungle Book is the obvious choice.

I think something Jungle Book themed would work in Asia (like how Africa has FOTLK), but not a whole new land centered around the Jungle Book.

Where's the outrage that GotG is going in EPCOT? Where's the outrage the FEA took over and somehow Arendele exists in Norway?
Those are possibly the two most common complaints you’ll find about Epcot.

Your first point is correct though. Most people don’t care what Disney does to the parks, they’re going to go regardless of any IP or park changes. Disney itself is the only IP they need to fill the place.

Just wondering, how likely is it for Disney to actually build a new land around a single property again? I'm not sure how successful the model is with Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge (2-3 attractions, shops and 1/2 restaurant) It seems that after Avengers Campus, they are only focusing on adding individual attractions/dining locations to existing "lands", which is probably more cost effective for them

Two arguments I think.

1) Should IP be brought into AK?
2) If we're bringing in IP to the park, what kind of IP should be allowed?
1) SHould or not .. Disney won't add anything to AK without it being attached to IP. Disney has so much IP and frankly I don't see them wanting to spend money on a park expansion that can't sell merchandise for Budget Bob Chapek. So .. I personally think they should not bring IP in .. and expand AK with just another continent .. and maybe throw some IP in there (like how Festival of the Lion King is in Africa). A new area simply needs to be immersive (which Dinoland, USA is not) .. like a rainforest in South American.

2) If they are bringing in IP?
- Indiana Jones (easy fit for a South American 'continent')
- Jungle Book (but that would go to expanding Asia)
- Duck Tales

Those are possibly the two most common complaints you’ll find about Epcot.

Your first point is correct though. Most people don’t care what Disney does to the parks, they’re going to go regardless of any IP or park changes. Disney itself is the only IP they need to fill the place.

and even of those of us that do care 99% of us will still come ... we might grumble a bit but we will still come

Like I said before - I don't think Zootopia fits in AK but if they build it there, believe me I woudl go and most likely enjoy it ... and grumble about it and armchair imagineer things that would "absolutely be better" -

1) SHould or not .. Disney won't add anything to AK without it being attached to IP. Disney has so much IP and frankly I don't see them wanting to spend money on a park expansion that can't sell merchandise for Budget Bob Chapek. So .. I personally think they should not bring IP in .. and expand AK with just another continent .. and maybe throw some IP in there (like how Festival of the Lion King is in Africa). A new area simply needs to be immersive (which Dinoland, USA is not) .. like a rainforest in South American.

2) If they are bringing in IP?
- Indiana Jones (easy fit for a South American 'continent')
- Jungle Book (but that would go to expanding Asia)
- Duck Tales

Other IP that could fit:
- Up fits really well with South America - could do a really fun ride as if you are in the house on your way to Paradise Falls
- Raya and the Last Dragon into the Asia section
- heck, could dosomething with Wall-E showing what happens if you don't take care of the environment

and even of those of us that do care 99% of us will still come ... we might grumble a bit but we will still come

Like I said before - I don't think Zootopia fits in AK but if they build it there, believe me I woudl go and most likely enjoy it ... and grumble about it and armchair imagineer things that would "absolutely be better" -
I’d argue that Zootopia fits in the park as much as Victorian London does.
But whatever they do I’ll keep returning. Although, what I have started doing is venturing elsewhere more than usual. I went to 75 different parks last year, usually that’d be all money going to Disney.

Last edited:
Other IP that could fit:
- Up fits really well with South America - could do a really fun ride as if you are in the house on your way to Paradise Falls
- Raya and the Last Dragon into the Asia section
- heck, could dosomething with Wall-E showing what happens if you don't take care of the environment

Post-apocalypse Earth - there are pizza plants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter