The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A website (you know the one) is reporting that HEA is going away for 50th, which would be a huge bummer.

if that report is correct (A big "if" of course) the best part of it I think is that they will add projection mapping down Main st like they have at Disneyland ... just think for all these shows with projection mapping and the only place to see said Projection Mapping is the front of the Castle, it limits where you need to be to fully experience the show - so this would make it easier to take in things from further down Main St. Not sure if there are other areas they could project things on like they do with Small World and some other places at Disneyland

if that report is correct (A big "if" of course) the best part of it I think is that they will add projection mapping down Main st like they have at Disneyland ... just think for all these shows with projection mapping and the only place to see said Projection Mapping is the front of the Castle, it limits where you need to be to fully experience the show - so this would make it easier to take in things from further down Main St. Not sure if there are other areas they could project things on like they do with Small World and some other places at Disneyland

I wish they could project on the back side of the castle as well. I know nothing else would match the viewing angle (the fireworks and such), but it would still be nice.

Sort of expected though. HEA will have been around for almost 5 years at that point and they could always bring it back if needed.
Didn’t Wishes run for like 18 years or something? HEA is literally my favorite attraction at WDW.

Hoping this
HEA is literally my favorite attraction at WDW
Hoping this wouldn't mean the end of fireworks. Our best memories are sitting on the Contemporty balony watching the fireworks. Last time we went, we saw HEA in front of the castle. Really overwhelming experience; lots to see. Plusing it with projects down Main Street would be awesome! Just don't get rid of the fireworks completely!

Hoping this

Hoping this wouldn't mean the end of fireworks. Our best memories are sitting on the Contemporty balony watching the fireworks. Last time we went, we saw HEA in front of the castle. Really overwhelming experience; lots to see. Plusing it with projects down Main Street would be awesome! Just don't get rid of the fireworks completely!
They make too much money on fireworks upsells to get rid of them completely.

That’s my biggest complaint about the show. Attendance has grown so much that they need to make these shows watchable from everywhere in the park. Making the crowds all watch in front of the castle to get the full show was just a bad idea. That crowd is not pleasant and really detracts from the solid show. They really should be taking advantage of all the major open areas, even if it’s just projecting on other surfaces like the other 3 castles.

Didn’t Wishes run for like 18 years or something? HEA is literally my favorite attraction at WDW.
Wishes was around 10 years I believe. Before that it was Fantasy in the Sky. I do love HEA but I am always looking for better and new nighttime spectaculars. Disneyland is always changing up their shows and they always bring back old shows. So they could always bring back HEA at WDW.

I love HEA. But I'm also the type of person who always loves new stuff. WDW is so much better when there is something new to look forward to.

OKay take this with a grain of salt, as I am trying desperately to be a detective and I am NOT that good a detective.

So on WDWMagic.com a "insider" named Walrus guaranteed an announcement of a new E Ticket coming to DAK and being announced. Now some other sites are stating this is true and Martin has stated he said something about this earlier.

I funneled through the thread and he stated:
There was a project originally for next year, and a few years down the road, but since it is this late maybe the first got pushed back into the second. He was later questioned if it pertains to Dino land and said that was one area talked about, and another poster asked if this was Zootopia tied in since Shangai was getting a Zootopia are and he stated it would not surprise him.

Now, add in the enlongated delay of Primeval whirl and now the attraction being removed from the map(saw this somewhere...) I wonder if we are finally getting a redo of the Dino area of AK?

Again, this is just me trying to be a gum shoe....

OKay take this with a grain of salt, as I am trying desperately to be a detective and I am NOT that good a detective.

So on WDWMagic.com a "insider" named Walrus guaranteed an announcement of a new E Ticket coming to DAK and being announced. Now some other sites are stating this is true and Martin has stated he said something about this earlier.

There was a project originally for next year, and a few years down the road, but since it is this late maybe the first got pushed back into the second. He was later questioned if it pertains to Dino land and said that was one area talked about, and another poster asked if this was Zootopia tied in since Shangai was getting a Zootopia are and he stated it would not surprise him.

Now, add in the enlongated delay of Primeval whirl and now the attraction being removed from the map(saw this somewhere...) I wonder if we are finally getting a redo of the Dino area of AK?

Well, I'll stand alone on this.

I liked Dino land and I liked Primeval whirl. Sad to see this area of the park will most likely be closed when i'm there next May.

Oh well.

I sure hope Ratatouille and the railway ride are open by May...

Thoughts on the Super Secret Announcement planned for D23 I know a few people on my Twitter Timeline are thinking it is going to be a Full DCL panel to announce details on the three new ships and the rumored new island.... anyone on the DIS have any thoughts?

Thoughts on the Super Secret Announcement planned for D23 I know a few people on my Twitter Timeline are thinking it is going to be a Full DCL panel to announce details on the three new ships and the rumored new island.... anyone on the DIS have any thoughts?
Island isn't rumored thats a done deal.

Just got a NON-denial from Martin....this may have legs :D Then again, he may just be regretting saying some off hand stuff and getting caught at it ;)

If they are putting in a new E-ticket, guess only options really are a) a redo of dino land (not sure if room just where Primeval Whirl is, or be larger), b) expansion to Pandora, or c) the area between Asia and Conservation Station, right?

I actually enjoy Chester and Hester's more than some and appreciate the background story to it ... but also get the view it doesn't really fit (quality wise, style, etc.) with rest of the park

Side note, our last trip my wife rode Dinosaur for the first time and her first comment coming off was "they really need to change this to Indy, that was pretty bad"

If they are putting in a new E-ticket, guess only options really are a) a redo of dino land (not sure if room just where Primeval Whirl is, or be larger), b) expansion to Pandora, or c) the area between Asia and Conservation Station, right?

I actually enjoy Chester and Hester's more than some and appreciate the background story to it ... but also get the view it doesn't really fit (quality wise, style, etc.) with rest of the park

Side note, our last trip my wife rode Dinosaur for the first time and her first comment coming off was "they really need to change this to Indy, that was pretty bad"
Yeah, that sounds like the main areas. I wonder if they are redoing Dino land, does that mean Dinosaur is gone as well?

Spaceship Earth
Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur

That's a LOT of (big) rides down at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter