The only thing grand about the Grand Floridian Villas is the name!

Well after reading these posts, I think it's clear to say the vast majority loves GFV.

I actually have the option of either 3 nights at BCV (which we haven't stayed at) or 3 nights at GFV (Which we've never stayed) Obviously some more pts. at the latter of the two. On such a short trip with a day at MK, EPCOT & AK and some afternoon swimming & the check out day as well, WWYC ? Thanks in advance.

I'd probably go BCV for the hanging around the resort and the pool for the afternoon.

To the OP- so sorry you had this poor experience. Glad many others have nice things to say. I just booked a week in a 2br at GFV this morning- I usually stay at AKV, BWV or BCV- thought I would do a little point splurge and try something new. You have me wondering if I should go back to one of my safe and familiar favorites. hmmm

The deluxe resorts and lobbies are all wonderful, the DVC rooms okay but everything at VGF is above all the rest.

:earsboy: Bill

If I have the option to swim, I pick BCV. I enjoy VGF in the holiday season primarily.

I'd probably go BCV for the hanging around the resort and the pool for the afternoon.
True we will utilize the amenities around the resort, mainly the pool, but also QS places for quick bites before the park, so this is what has me torn.

I realize the pools are not really in the same league, but I do remember about 4 years ago visiting SAB, and feeling like a nervous wreck trying to keep an eye on the kids....It was very hard to do, with sooo many different pools, and the slide( having to go out of the complex, only 2 come sliding back in) and the swift moving 8ft deep Lazy river...:scared: Kids are older now but the fear thing will never be fully eliminated..:confused3 And they are street savvy and both very good swimmers.
The one thing that has me leaning towards GFV, is that I think it's harder to secure a studio here, so my thinking is grab it now while I have a chance..Even if only for a measly 3 nights...I doubt I can get either for early Nov..

True we will utilize the amenities around the resort, mainly the pool, but also QS places for quick bites before the park, so this is what has me torn.

I realize the pools are not really in the same league, but I do remember about 4 years ago visiting SAB, and feeling like a nervous wreck trying to keep an eye on the kids....It was very hard to do, with sooo many different pools, and the slide( having to go out of the complex, only 2 come sliding back in) and the swift moving 8ft deep Lazy river...:scared: Kids are older now but the fear thing will never be fully eliminated..:confused3 And they are street savvy and both very good swimmers.
The one thing that has me leaning towards GFV, is that I think it's harder to secure a studio here, so my thinking is grab it now while I have a chance..Even if only for a measly 3 nights...I doubt I can get either for early Nov..

My one caveat about BCV and SAB would be if you had more than 1 or 2 children you were trying to keep an eye on. Since that is a concern then I'd go ahead and give VGF a try this time since you have the reservation. Really, neither is the wrong decision! :)

My one caveat about BCV and SAB would be if you had more than 1 or 2 children you were trying to keep an eye on. Since that is a concern then I'd go ahead and give VGF a try this time since you have the reservation. Really, neither is the wrong decision! :)
Thanks for the affirmation.....I really always thought we'd never ever stay here from just visiting many times in the past.
This is when we stayed Value & mods....Now as a DVC member things that used to be important, are still important, but having the Resort days is what truly makes the villas a nice bonus. And I'm guessing staying @ GFV will just be stepped up a notch.

I find this thread very odd. We were there from the 1st-4th of December, and noticed nothing. In fact, being an owner at VGF as well as some other DVC resorts, and staying multiple times in several resorts, I always notice how much everything is a notch above at VGF. The rooms at VGF are also some of the largest on property. Make sure you don't stay at most other resorts if you the VGF rooms are small....

To the OP- so sorry you had this poor experience. Glad many others have nice things to say. I just booked a week in a 2br at GFV this morning- I usually stay at AKV, BWV or BCV- thought I would do a little point splurge and try something new. You have me wondering if I should go back to one of my safe and familiar favorites. hmmm

You will find bad reviews pop up about every resort along with good reviews about every resort. I say go try it out and see what you think.

Hmm, we were there the 9th to the 12th of December so there was some overlap with the OP. The Lobby smelled fine and the same as it always does.

Our room did have a few small issues: yes, I did see 1-2 hairs in the bathtub, and there were cobwebs on the balcony. Our room did have the faintest mildew smell compared to previous VGF visits. Overall, still a good room, though maybe mouskeeping is slipping a bit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter