*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

It is unusual to have declared so soon when they still have 450K to sell.

Normally, they declare as they go along so they are not carrying so many unsold points. If rooms are not declared, they can offer to cash guests.

As the article stated, they had at least another 4 to 5 months worth of points if they averaged the May sales.

Now, the entire building is part of the association and open for bookings.
Unusual, yes. But with the point backlog, maybe necessary. Glad they are doing this.

Looks like all the new resort studios have now been declared:
https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...clared-into-grand-floridian-condo-association

Pretty new to DVC - is this common while still in active sales? Or an indicator that they are confident sales are "on track"?
Unusual move by DVC. The data about total sales is drawn from the deeds as DVC records them and as such tends to lag real time a bit, some of the deeds recorded in May were likely from April sales, and for those who opted to spread their payments out for 60 days or longer there may even be some March sales in the May numbers. Generally you figure it averages out, because a lot of May sales won’t get recorded until June or July, etc.. Now I’m wondering if we’ll see a jump in June’s numbers, if not, I wonder why DVC would declare 100% after just 3 months of sales.

Remaining Big Pine Key Rooms Declared Into Grand Floridian Condo Association

All 202 new Resort Studio rooms which make up the recent addition to Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa have now been added to the Disney Vacation Club system.

On June 10, 2022 the Orange County Comptroller recorded Disney Vacation Develpment'samendment to the Grand Floridian's Condominium Association, adding the remainder of the units in the Big Pine Key building. This moves makes all 202 rooms available for booking by members using Disney Vacation Clubpoints. The intial declaration came back in February 2022, about one month before point sales began. At that time, Disney added exactly half of the rooms into the DVC timeshare program. This additional filing--the fifth amendment to the Grand Floridian's condo association--adds the remaining 101 villas.

This staggered approach is commonplace for all Disney Vacation Club developments. Disney's Riviera Resort currently has 180 of its 341 rooms added to the Condo Association and available for member booking. The other 161 Riviera villas are still owned by Disney, and can be rented to cash guests. Additional declarations are typically made as points are needed to support new sales.

This move comes at a curious time for Grand Floridian. As of May 31, more than 495,000 Grand Floridian points remained unsold from the February declaration. In May 2022, DVC sold only 100,178 points at the Grand Floridian. Should that pace continue, DVC had enough points on hand to support its sales activities for nearly 5 months.

Nevertheless, this amendment adds nearly 900,000 additional points to the timeshare system and paves the way for members to book all 202 Resort Studio rooms on a nightly basis. The February declaration included most of the building's third floor, along with all rooms on the fourth and fifth floors. This new filing covers the remaining 12 rooms on the third floor plus all of floors 1 and 2.

Unusual, yes. But with the point backlog, maybe necessary. Glad they are doing this.

Or DVD decided they didn’t want to carry the rooms and pay for them. Remember, DVD doesn’t pay the operating costs on declared but unsold points.

Typically, by declaring in stages they can rent them for cash stays which make them money. Now they can’t.

But, it could help with the points as an added benefit.

Unusual move by DVC. The data about total sales is drawn from the deeds as DVC records them and as such tends to lag real time a bit, some of the deeds recorded in May were likely from April sales, and for those who opted to spread their payments out for 60 days or longer there may even be some March sales in the May numbers. Generally you figure it averages out, because a lot of May sales won’t get recorded until June or July, etc.. Now I’m wondering if we’ll see a jump in June’s numbers, if not, I wonder why DVC would declare 100% after just 3 months of sales.
I am curious when the inventory will be added into the system. I haven’t see a change yet in availability from adding in 110 rooms.

Dumb question, but we are staying in a deluxe studio and I read that there is a laundry room on the 4th floor which is free to use. Do they have detergent/fabric softener available too or do we need to bring some?

I am also a new owner at VGF, bought our first direct contract :)

Stayed in a one bedroom at VGF my last two trips and fell in love with the room and the resort. Not sure how I will ever go back to Saratoga in the future lol
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll get you up on the Owners List!!

Dumb question, but we are staying in a deluxe studio and I read that there is a laundry room on the 4th floor which is free to use. Do they have detergent/fabric softener available too or do we need to bring some?
You should have a bottle of detergent in your room, if not, just call housekeeping and they will bring some! There is also a vending machine in the laundry room with items for purchase, such as detergent and dryer sheets. Enjoy!

We always bring a couple ziplocks. 1 with some tide pods and 1 with dryer sheets. But you can use what they provide. Probably good for a couple loads.

I really hope they leave the ceiling alone, I love just sitting back and looking up at it!

That said while I'm SUPER happy V&A is coming back, reopen the Garden View Tea room!!!!

Agree about the gorgeous ceiling! They need to look at very nicely redone and classic five star hotels like the Greenbrier and Grand Hotel to make sure the lobby renovation is done correctly. It's a beautiful lobby and just needs to be refreshed and updated a bit.

I am also a new owner at VGF, bought our first direct contract :)

Stayed in a one bedroom at VGF my last two trips and fell in love with the room and the resort. Not sure how I will ever go back to Saratoga in the future lol
Congrats!!!

We’ve never stayed at SSR. I’m hoping we will enjoy it there in September. I’m sure it’s a great place to stay, I’m just not thrilled about it because I like to stay in the MK resorts.

New owners and long time Floridian lovers here. We just signed our direct contract but are thinking of cancelling it to add even more points.

Will the Resort Studios be ready for next week June 20?

There have been no reports of anyone being contacted to say they are being moved somewhere else, so my guess is that they still believe they will have enough rooms ready for occupancy.

Maybe the rooms are ready, all the pictures I have seen they were still working on the roof.

I posted this in the other thread, but it probably would have fit better long term here:
Ok...here is an opinion that is MUCH more informed now than it was when I made my last post about Deluxe vs resort studios. Take from it what your will. Also, take a little mea culpa from me for judging it too hastily before I knew what I know now. If you are only staying for a few days, I think the Resort Studio is actually a fantastic location if you don't need a kitchenette. It really is MUCH better than I anticipated.

Resort Studios:
Pros:
Dedicated 2nd queen bed with a fold down couch that is more comfortable than the pull down under the TV beds.
Little larger feel than the Deluxe
2nd Sink in the bathroom (Jack and Jill style)
The long vanity with mirror could be used as a desk for getting work done if needed.
Location. It is so much closer to the monorail/food/etc. It really feels "part" of the resort if that is what you like
I really liked the closet space being right next to the bed. I didn't anticipate this at all.
The beds are both tall enough to store your luggage under them

Cons:
"Cooler box" is more like a wine fridge than what I was picturing, but still not as cold as a true fridge with that little freezer.
No second shower
No microwave, toaster, or kitchen sink like at Deluxe
No 1 or 2 bed rooms here at all

Deluxe:
Pros:
Murphy Bed does fold up nicely and give a little more living room
2nd shower is awesome
Quiet, much much quieter. The lobby is pretty much empty all the time
Room is almost sound proof. You do not hear the monorail at all
Kitchenette

Cons:
Longer walk to everything at the resort. It feels like you are not really at the GF, but kind of still are if that makes sense.
Laundry room on 4th floor. Ice on every other floor.
Storage in drawers is a little as they come. The drawers under the bed are useless when they open towards the wall with no space to open.

New Disney Vacation Club villas construction update from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

2022 DVC Villas construction at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - June 162022

Extensive construction is still taking place at the Big Pine Key building which is being converted into a new Disney Vacation Club property.

Scaffolding still covers a large section of the building and work is continuing on replacing the roof tiles.

The ends of the building with the emergency staircases are being enclosed after being stripped of walls in the early stages of the project..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter