*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

As a heads up…

Lengthy Construction at Grand Floridian Resort and Spa to Impact Resort Through 2023

Disney has announced that they will be starting construction and refurbishment at Disney’s Grand Floridian and Spa on March 1st. Here’s the announcement:

As we previously shared, we are working on our grand plans to expand and enhance The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Beginning March 1, Guests will notice construction and refurbishment work at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa during daytime hours. Most resort amenities will remain available to Guests throughout this work.
Disney World
The work is expected to last into 2023 as Disney works on buildings furthest away from the main building and lobby.

We will be there in June and yesterday we got the email notifying us of the construction during our stay. I'm sure others got it as well.

Also received for June stay, does anyone know what is being renovated?
Rumor is they’ll be converting Big Pine Key to VGF2 DVC studios. They just finished the refurb of the original VGF villas, so I doubt that it’s the VGF1 building unless they are doing exterior work on it?

I hope this doesn’t affect much of the resort or the monorail station. Our last trip was May 2021 at the Poly when the resort was a construction site and the monorail station was closed. Figures I book our next trip for the GF when they start their renovation.

Also received for June stay, does anyone know what is being renovated?
Rumor is they’ll be converting Big Pine Key to VGF2 DVC studios. They just finished the refurb of the original VGF villas, so I doubt that it’s the VGF1 building unless they are doing exterior work on it?
Grand Floridian Big Pine Key Villa Conversion To Begin March 1

On March 1, 2022, crews will begin work to add 202 new Disney Vacation Club Villas to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Similar notices have been provided to travel agents, confirming that work largely impacts the Big Pine Key building. Construction barriers, equipment and materials should be expected on-site during the conversion.

I know someone shared Deni’s video recently, but she also just did a write up with pictures I thought I’d share. Also included is the full 3D walkthrough, which I added to Page 1 the other day.

Let’s Take a Tour of a Deluxe Studio at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort!

View attachment 647950
She did a nice write up and awesome pictures. I still cannot get over why some studio rooms have the plaid headboard and others have the older one. Inconsistent look isn’t ideal for the flagship.

My next trip is mid march just in time for the construction 😂

She did a nice write up and awesome pictures. I still cannot get over why some studio rooms have the plaid headboard and others have the older one. Inconsistent look isn’t ideal for the flagship.

My next trip is mid march just in time for the construction 😂
I saw a video in which the artwork above the Murphy bed is different than the studio that Deni showed:

Weird! I think I like the plaid better but the bed art in Deni's room more. Perhaps they're thinking variety is the spice of life haha

Does anyone have a break down of the studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, & 3 bedroom, room counts? I can't find one. Also how many are lake and standard view.

Does anyone have a break down of the studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, & 3 bedroom, room counts? I can't find one. Also how many are lake and standard view.
100 dedicated studios, 47 dedicated two bedrooms, 46 lockoff two bedrooms (so can also be booked as studios and 1 bedroom), 6 grand villas.

Soon there'll be another 200 resort studios! It'll be a studio heavy resort.

I know someone shared Deni’s video recently, but she also just did a write up with pictures I thought I’d share. Also included is the full 3D walkthrough, which I added to Page 1 the other day.

Let’s Take a Tour of a Deluxe Studio at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort!

View attachment 647950
Just to be clear that is the refurbished room in the current DVC building of the Grand Floridian (YUCK!). The new DVC rooms in Big Pine Key will look vastly different (and superior):

I saw a video in which the artwork above the Murphy bed is different than the studio that Deni showed:

Weird! I think I like the plaid better but the bed art in Deni's room more. Perhaps they're thinking variety is the spice of life haha
Oh wow, nice catch. Completely agree. I prefer the plaid but prefer the bed art of cherry lane much better too. I was unsure of the plaid but after comparing, it’s fun. The bedroom dream bed art is just a little ugly to me but the mary poppins outside of cherry lane looks nice.

Has the “day bed” in the resort studios been defined? Will it fit an adult?

Hi! Can someone confirm to which address groceries should be delivered? The main building or directly to villas? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter