The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Trip Report: 3/5-3/9

Returned home yesterday after a 4 night stay in room 1015, a preferred studio. A few notes:
  • We were right next to the elevator but couldn't hear a thing from them, just general hallway chatter.
  • No issues with water temp but water pressure was a bit touch and go.
  • Still no go on the hot tub which was a huge bummer as it was in the mid-50s for a majority of our trip and the one hot tub that was available was constantly slammed.
  • I do feel it's missing another QS or a bigger marketplace? I am spoiled with BCV & BWV but all the food options when we wanted to stay close felt the same.
We don't own here but booked at the 7mo mark. Overall, our stay was great!

Attachments

• IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3887-2.jpg
    IMG_3887-2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3905.JPG
    IMG_3905.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3985.JPG
    IMG_3985.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4126.JPG
    IMG_4126.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
Trip Report: 3/5-3/9

Returned home yesterday after a 4 night stay in room 1015, a preferred studio. A few notes:
  • We were right next to the elevator but couldn't hear a thing from them, just general hallway chatter.
  • No issues with water temp but water pressure was a bit touch and go.
  • Still no go on the hot tub which was a huge bummer as it was in the mid-50s for a majority of our trip and the one hot tub that was available was constantly slammed.
  • I do feel it's missing another QS or a bigger marketplace? I am spoiled with BCV & BWV but all the food options when we wanted to stay close felt the same.
We don't own here but booked at the 7mo mark. Overall, our stay was great!
I thought there would be more of a small grocery/convenience store type thing like the other DVCs. If there was, I couldn’t find it. In the main Fantasy tower, Small World and Fantasia had the same stuff as before. Am I missing something?

They’re right now if people have questions. On the 9th floor in a preferred studio.

The have finally replaced the homepage/countdown background JPG with a real photo (no more "artist rendering" disclosure) -

disney-vacation-club-villas-at-the-disneyland-hotel-sizzle-DIQB3822044H-video-5x2.jpg

The info on the internal site also appears to be updated with real video :)

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/villas-at-disneyland-hotel

Again, not looking for an in depth calculation here but wondering if others who've done the math see it similar. Like to hear what you think.
If VDH continues to rent well a few years from now then purchasing a good handful of the points resale for the 150 to 170 range could easily make sense as I'll have them to use if I want to or rent if I need. I rented about 5k worth of points to cover our Universal Studios expenditures for our trip and it was very easy to do. VDH points on the cheap would be a good store of value for either future stays at the resort or to swap in for a cruise or Universal Studios funds as needed.

We were just there in February. Laundry was on the ground floor. Some minor construction but it was open. And if you’re in a bedroom suite it will have its own washer and dryer.

We checked in at the Fantasy Tower, requested a laundry card, and it was free for DVC members.
That sounds much better than Pixar Pier. I wonder if they are temporarily closed at VDH or if the information was incorrect. We are trying to pack light. Hope you had a nice trip and thanks for the information.

Thanks for creating this thread! Northern California family here - we bought Aulani resale and love it, and are excited to have a home at Disneyland now! I tried to book the first week of January, but it was already sold out by the time I got my points last month (while we were vacationing at the Aulani). Probably will have our first visit sometime next summer when my wife (who is a teacher) is off from school! Looking forward to seeing all the reports about the resort from folks who stay this fall!
Welcome home neighbor. You are going to love VDH. I’m not sure what room size/type you are looking at but you may want to check if any of the accessible rooms are open during your trip. For some reason DVC released a high percentage of the ADA rooms first in their allocation to the members and held back a lot of the regular rooms for cash so sadly it kind of forces us owners to look at that pool too when booking to find rooms.

That sounds much better than Pixar Pier. I wonder if they are temporarily closed at VDH or if the information was incorrect. We are trying to pack light. Hope you had a nice trip and thanks for the information.
Hope you have a lovely trip as well.

Yes we had a nice stay at VDH. Right outside of the tower is Tangaroa Terrance and Trader Sam's. Tiki torches all lite up by the outdoor fireplace. In the evenings we'd drop off our stuff in the room then head back downstairs for some nibbles and drinks. Really nice sitting outside with the South Pacific vibe going on.

Couldn't find good pics of ours so posting these off the internet. Apologies to the SoCal locals. This spot is probably all well known to them, but was our first time.

1710256618532.png
1710256701654.png
1710256787831.png

I thought it was that they had the option to do them as dvc or hotel (not a given though hello it’s a cash cow - I’m betting they do) and if it was up to 150 they didn’t have to consult with planning commission but if over 150 they did. But could have misheard. It was a 6 hour meeting. Tee hee.

Looks like we've got some great places to relax at night. Do they do any evening activities like WDW does? Curious if they do the marshmallows by the campfire or movies under the stars.

May not make you feel much better, but cash guests pay roughly 2x as much in tax on the same nights, in addition to the rack rate. Some examples:

April 18th (weekday)
DVC Tax: $180.70
Cash Tax: $350.88

July 15th (weekday)
DVC Tax: $180.70
Cash Tax: $371.28

Sept 9rd (weekday)
DVC Tax: $136.22
Cash Tax: $283.39

Dec 23rd (weekday)
DVC Tax: $227.96
Cash Tax: $419.05
Thank you for the breakdown, I’ve mentioned it a few times in some of my posts that the tax rate is *less* than paying the cash rate but people are hung up on the tot. We bought in at VDH as we were paying the cash rate on a 1-2 br multiple times a year at the DLH, our last 3 trips at VDH (even with paying the tot) have been a savings over what we were previously paying in cash. I don’t know how anyone at this point especially on these boards would not know about the TOT as it’s all everyone talks about in regards to VDH.

We are currently at the Disneyland villas discovery tower. No hot water for the bottom 3 floors and no hot water for the garden rooms. And they KNOW about this problem and have known since it has opened. They fix it, works for a week, then down for a month. I talked to the manger, Dan Coleman, and he laughed it off. Didn’t care. We asked why the didn’t tell guests before they checked in - he avoided the question.

They’ll move people to different rooms if they complain.

The new hot tub near the gardens hasn’t worked since opening. They know of this too, and also laugh it off. Dan Coleman said getting reliable contractors is tough. Really? That’s all you’ll say?

Only 1 of the 3 hot tubs is in operation, and the one open is always over crowded with 30-50 people. The Minnie one is down as it’s inside the construction zone for the monorail slides. It’s tough when you’ve been walking all day that you can’t get hot tub time.
Ok What? I am still getting over the fact I have to pay extra tax to stay in a DVC property (I'm pretty sure this is the only property where you have to pay and if I wouldn't have come on this site I would not have known) But now you say the water doesn't work either? What the heck...bad business for Disney!!! I'm thinking of cancelling our one night stay next week.

Why isn't there any info about the tax on the DVC site when you book? And if their water is a problem guests should be notified

I know it's probably a me problem, but I didn't know about this tax until after I booked and started coming here. Going back to the member booking engine now, I can see there is a disclaimer, that you have to click, and even then it doesn't tell you how much the tax will be. Not a fan of that.
Agreed. I just came on here today and found that out...Honestly I think it's ridiculous for the amount we already pay that the taxes aren't included. I wont probably EVER stay in VDH again. I enjoy VGC and there is no extra fees there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter