The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

It’s looks like it was rainy when you were there!
Yep, was the Pineapple Express week of rain. Three straight days of rain. But….zero line wait times. I have a phone snapshot showing zero minute waits for Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon at the same time. Some Southern California sun and warmth would have been nice but zero wait times was great!

I always, always try to complain if anything goes wrong with my Disney Accomodations experience. For the amount you pay any major inconvenience should be brought up.

Only had to do it twice and got a huge credit and then some the first time and a "tough cookies" the second time.

The first time (December 2021) all available laundry options were closed/not working at DLH and PPH (the supposed primary spot for DLH guests at the time) and the backup option at GC required a key card that just wouldn't work for me. $300 credit and 3 anytime experiences added to our account (and a Moana towel and a signed picture from Belle). Amazing recovery for a tired dad desperate to clean a pee stained sleep sack the first night.

The second time (August 2023) I apparently arrived right when they took down the kids pool/slides at DLH due to the villas construction with no notice given, basically with the attitude that they are allowed to take stuff down at any notice (but nothing had been posted about the kids pool area going down until they went down). They said go to Paradise Pier, the new splash pad just opened ,we'll even give you a ride. Anyone with small kids knows what a difference in effort that is (going downstairs with ease versus packing stuff up like you're going to the parks). I was bummed.

Last edited:

For what it’s worth, I’ve been on the third floor this past week with no water issues.
I hope it stays on.

I received a little more information from a Disneyland Hotel Main Lobby Receptionist. During the month that it's not working properly - the one boiler will overheat and fail. They are able to wait until it cools down, and restart it. It will work for a while and then go down again. And they need to wait and restart it again. And so on. Not sure how long it stays up until it overheats. Hours? Days?

So, you might get hot water some of the time. Maybe Disney should add the boiler to the ride app, so along with seeing when rides go down, we can see when the boiler goes down :)

I am staying in a studio for a night as part of a trip down to LA for some meetings. I am not staying on VDH points.
Can you do a little scouting? I'm looking for info for an upcoming stay in a studio in May. Does the mini fridge have a freezer or is it all fridge? are there any storage containers with lids (some in FL have Pyrex with lids)?
Thanks and have a great trip!

Can you do a little scouting? I'm looking for info for an upcoming stay in a studio in May. Does the mini fridge have a freezer or is it all fridge? are there any storage containers with lids (some in FL have Pyrex with lids)?
Thanks and have a great trip!
I went last weekend. I believe there are a number of YouTube reviews online that walk through the details you are requesting as part of a walk through.

Am I reading the transient tax chart correctly? If I stay in a 2 bedroom I will have to pay an additional $125ish to $250ish depending on the dates per night? Or is that for the week?

Am I reading the transient tax chart correctly? If I stay in a 2 bedroom I will have to pay an additional $125ish to $250ish depending on the dates per night? Or is that for the week?
You're reading it correctly, 2025 Transient Tax is $123.37 - $263.94 per night at VDH for a 2BR. 2024 just slightly lower.

Yikes!!!!!
May not make you feel much better, but cash guests pay roughly 2x as much in tax on the same nights, in addition to the rack rate. Some examples:

April 18th (weekday)
DVC Tax: $180.70
Cash Tax: $350.88

July 15th (weekday)
DVC Tax: $180.70
Cash Tax: $371.28

Sept 9rd (weekday)
DVC Tax: $136.22
Cash Tax: $283.39

Dec 23rd (weekday)
DVC Tax: $227.96
Cash Tax: $419.05

My guide told me to expect about $540/night for the grand villa I have booked beginning of April. Made my stomach drop.
April 15th for a cash guest is $898.28 for a cash guest (on top of the rack rate of $5284).

Yours will be $403.10 or $472.60, depending on weekday vs. weekend.

I went last weekend. I believe there are a number of YouTube reviews online that walk through the details you are requesting as part of a walk through.
Yes! All my other questions have been answered by great YouTube videos. I still haven't seen enough of the mini fridge to know if it has a freezer or if it is all fridge and haven't seen any storage containers with lids. Do you know about this from your recent stay?
Thanks!

Yes! All my other questions have been answered by great YouTube videos. I still haven't seen enough of the mini fridge to know if it has a freezer or if it is all fridge and haven't seen any storage containers with lids. Do you know about this from your recent stay?
Thanks!
I think it had a small freezer area on top ( like for an ice tray), but I would assign a low confidence level to my recollection.

I know it's probably a me problem, but I didn't know about this tax until after I booked and started coming here. Going back to the member booking engine now, I can see there is a disclaimer, that you have to click, and even then it doesn't tell you how much the tax will be. Not a fan of that.

I know it's probably a me problem, but I didn't know about this tax until after I booked and started coming here. Going back to the member booking engine now, I can see there is a disclaimer, that you have to click, and even then it doesn't tell you how much the tax will be. Not a fan of that.
If you look at the DVC point chart page, it has charts for the ToT at VDH. I do wish they told you the number when you complete the booking because there is some sticker shock on the larger rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter