The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Trip Report: Room #1028 Standard View

Just finished up a four night stay. Someone has been kind enough on this board to assemble room pics. Here are some from us.

Summary Thoughts
  • Switched from a studio to a duo with the points difference allowing us to revise from three nights to four nights​
  • Really enjoyed our stay. Would do the duo again if just the two of us requiring minimal points.​
  • Duo space size was certainly ok while the bed is up. It is tight once the bed is down. We‘d wait just till bedtime then pull down the bed.​
  • Murphy bed was well designed and easy to pull down and raise back up.​
  • Bathroom is a descent size. Both of us were able to get ready at the same time. Hallway full length mirror was well placed and very useful.​
  • House keeping started us off with a bowl full of Keurig pods. Thank you!​
  • About a 5 minute walk to the monorail station in Downtown Disney and maybe another 5 more minutes walk to DL gate.​
  • Walkway path along Frontier Tower and then Pixar Hotel was a plus. Felt like about a 10 minute walk to the Pixar DCA entrance from VDH. Gate opened for early entry with minimal line.​
  • First time dining at Trader Sam’s. Loveeed it! Lots of orders for Ship Wreck. Place was rock’n at dinner time. Loads of fun and right out the front door.​
  • View from the end of the VDH hallway showing the snow capped mountains in the distance. Gorgeous!​

Attachments

• IMG_7880.jpeg
    IMG_7880.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3469.jpeg
    IMG_3469.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4023.jpeg
    IMG_4023.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Trip Report: Room #1028 Standard View

Just finished up a four night stay. Someone has been kind enough on this board to assemble room pics. Here are some from us.

Summary Thoughts
  • Switched from a studio to a duo with the points difference allowing us to revise from three nights to four nights​
  • Really enjoyed our stay. Would do the duo again if just the two of us requiring minimal points.​
  • Duo space size was certainly ok while the bed is up. It is tight once the bed is down. We‘d wait just till bedtime then pull down the bed.​
  • Murphy bed was well designed and easy to pull down and raise back up.​
  • Bathroom is a descent size. Both of us were able to get ready at the same time. Hallway full length mirror was well placed and very useful.​
  • House keeping started us off with a bowl full of Keurig pods. Thank you!​
  • About a 5 minute walk to the monorail station in Downtown Disney and maybe another 5 more minutes walk to DL gate.​
  • Walkway path along Frontier Tower and then Pixar Hotel was a plus. Felt like about a 10 minute walk to the Pixar DCA entrance from VDH. Gate opened for early entry with minimal line.​
  • First time dining at Trader Sam’s. Loveeed it! Lots of orders for Ship Wreck. Place was rock’n at dinner time. Loads of fun and right out the front door.​
  • View from the end of the VDH hallway showing the snow capped mountains in the distance. Gorgeous!​
Very nice! High 10 floor too. One off from the top 11 floor duo there in XX28 stack! Balcony really nice with those Duo’s. Great view of future Disneyland Forward DCA side!

Heading to VDH tonight. (Happy dance!!!) Does anyone know how many standard deluxe rooms have a bath tub? I made a request but want to know what my chances are. I read one post stating they had a bath tub so hoping to be one of the lucky ones.

Did you get your bathtub? AFAIK, the stack of rooms ending **27 are standard view studios with tubs. (I don't know if there are any others.). According to the chart provided previously on this thread, it looks like the first **27 room starts on the 3rd floor and the highest is on the 12th floor. 0627 and 0927 are a special booking category (Std view, hearing accessible), so it looks like there are 8 standard view studios with tubs.

Did you get your bathtub? AFAIK, the stack of rooms ending **27 are standard view studios with tubs. (I don't know if there are any others.). According to the chart provided previously on this thread, it looks like the first **27 room starts on the 3rd floor and the highest is on the 12th floor. 0627 and 0927 are a special booking category (Std view, hearing accessible), so it looks like there are 8 standard view studios with tubs.
We had rooms 525 and 527 on the end of the 5th floor (both deluxe studio standard views). Room 525 had the walk-in shower and 527 had the tub.

I stayed in a deluxe studio a few weeks ago and the one thing that bothered me with the room is the fan running constantly in the bathroom. Maintenance turned down the sensitivity of it from 70 to 35, but you can still hear it unless you closed the bathroom door.

We just booked 4 nights in early March in a Preferred View Studio using my wife’s TA rate. Really looking forward to seeing the new tower and this will be our kids first Disneyland trip. I felt like the price was pretty reasonable.

We are resale owners at Poly so I didn’t think we would be staying here anytime soon, I was surprised when my wife said she found availability for early spring break.

We just booked 4 nights in early March in a Preferred View Studio using my wife’s TA rate. Really looking forward to seeing the new tower and this will be our kids first Disneyland trip. I felt like the price was pretty reasonable.

We are resale owners at Poly so I didn’t think we would be staying here anytime soon, I was surprised when my wife said she found availability for early spring break.

We also booked through the TA rate and I was shocked to see the Studios available for this summer. I originally had a Garden Studio booked but had to change my booking date. The rate is decent considering the hotel room rate is only $80 cheaper. Seems like they have a huge inventory of studios available for most of the year. Too bad no 1- or 2-BR Villas, but no surprise there :)

We booked a 1-BR Suite last time we stayed (Aug 2023) and the space was amazing but the amenities are so soft for a suite.

I’m not shocked at all. Only like 20% are declared for dvc so far so the bulk of the resort is currently available for cash reservations and about 88% of the rooms are either deluxe or duo studios. Live it up while you can until it eventually sells out (though sales are creeping along) and cash rooms become more scarce. Have a great time!

Have you stayed in a studio or 1 bedroom?
We will be in a preferred studio in May and I have a few questions. I see pod coffee makers in the videos, can I request a full-pot coffee maker instead? And what kind of filters are needed (basket or cone)?
Does the mini fridge have a little freezer or is it all fridge?
Do the one-bedrooms have small round Pyrex containers (I might need them for the microwave.)?
thank you

Just a quick question since most on here own (or certainly intend to frequent) VDH. How do you handle park admission? Do you just grab it for the days you going? Maybe get a 3-4 day deal? Magic key? Other? Thanks!

I don't own at VDH. But I think when it comes to park tickets, you'd need to do the math to see what makes sense for you. For us, we rarely go more than 5 days in a calendar year so a Magic Key wouldn't make sense for us. I usually buy tickets from www.getawaytoday.com when the have a deal for a "free" day or whatever.

I don't own at VDH. But I think when it comes to park tickets, you'd need to do the math to see what makes sense for you. For us, we rarely go more than 5 days in a calendar year so a Magic Key wouldn't make sense for us. I usually buy tickets from www.getawaytoday.com when the have a deal for a "free" day or whatever.
I saw something online that was sayin board sponsor had tix even cheaper. Probably worth a look.

Just a quick question since most on here own (or certainly intend to frequent) VDH. How do you handle park admission? Do you just grab it for the days you going? Maybe get a 3-4 day deal? Magic key? Other? Thanks!
We just buy day tickets. Can’t get a Magic Key right now anyway.

Inspire key for me (admission, 20% food & merchandise discounts, special areas for F&W/Magic Key Terrace, early access to special after hour events) and discount multi-day tickets from an online travel agent for the rest of the family….

Inspire Keys for all of us since we’re currently going around 3-4 weeks a year over multiple trips. Now that all the kids are over 3 everything adds up quickly.. We own at VGC and VDH. I look at our plans for the next year and evaluate whether it’s worth renewing for another year. So far it’s still been worth it. I especially like how you can get dining discounts at a lot of mobile order and QS places, unlike at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter